Jump to content
James33

Thoughts on the more "extreme" sightings?

Recommended Posts

James33

I've read and listened to accounts (Sasquatch Chronicles, etc) that seem pretty extraordinary and was wondering what others thought of them.  Here are some examples of what I consider extreme or extraordinary. 

 

  • Witness claims he used to deliver packages and one of the regular places he delivered to was a taxidermist.  One day he entered the business and no one seemed to be there so as he was calling for the owner, he went into the back room and found a sasquatch being mounted (or at least the head).  He left the room before the owner discovered him. 
  • Witness claimed that a sasquatch attacked his home routinely in Swain County NC, on a Cherokee Indian Reservation.  This was in the 1970's?  Witness claimed his dad used a CB radio to communicate as they had no phone.  He also claims he ended up shooting and killing the creature and with the help of the grandfather disposed of the body.  
  • Same witness claims that more recently someone went missing and when he and a friend went looking, they discovered the man dismembered over several miles and his truck and camp site damaged like something had attacked it.  Supposedly, government officials came in and called it a wolf attack.  
  • Witness claims an old woman (forget where) would regularly have visits from a family of bigfoots and that the young would stay inside her house.  The witness claims to have been at her house when the creatures were there.  Also claimed the woman could "talk" to them and that she would feed them and they watched a TV she would put outside in the yard. 

 

These are just a few - and, of course, there is ZERO evidence to back up ANY of these claims.  No photos, no video, no corroborating witnesses, no casts, no hair, no blood, nothing. They are entertaining for sure, but to me it gets too ridiculous or too much "Woo" to take seriously at all. Does anyone believe any of these type of accounts and if so, what compels you to that conclusion? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NathanFooter

 Yup, sounds like a Sasquatch Chronicles classic story.    Just like the media, consider the source. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BobbyO
SSR Team

Without talking about specific ones you've mentioned there, there are some that i'd be open to for sure, and others not so much.

 

I don't fight with the "exist or not" debate so i'm probably, or at least should be, more open and receptive to the occasional strong story than others could be.

 

Must say i don't for one minute think these animals are loveable cuddly Harry's and i also firmly believe that the US Government knows about their existence (they have to) so even though i wouldn't just simply fall for anything where those two things meet, i don't completely discount them immediately personally, no matter how far fetched they appear to be on the surface.

 

I also think people exaggerate a lot, but that doesn't mean that they're actually lying about an experience/encounter, or at least the guts of it anyway.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7.62
41 minutes ago, BobbyO said:

Without talking about specific ones you've mentioned there, there are some that i'd be open to for sure, and others not so much.

 

I don't fight with the "exist or not" debate so i'm probably, or at least should be, more open and receptive to the occasional strong story than others could be.

 

Must say i don't for one minute think these animals are loveable cuddly Harry's and i also firmly believe that the US Government knows about their existence (they have to) so even though i wouldn't just simply fall for anything where those two things meet, i don't completely discount them immediately personally, no matter how far fetched they appear to be on the surface.

 

I also think people exaggerate a lot, but that doesn't mean that they're actually lying about an experience/encounter, or at least the guts of it anyway.

I think if the person  exaggerates  then he or she loses any credibility in a sighting  .  Now I think they are lying about it. It comes down to could it have been another animal .

Bear etc and the person wasn't sure maybe it was , maybe it wasn't but if they add things to the story  by saying  they saw  it's face , shoulders , arms ,  teeth , nose then I call them liars .

 

Sometimes you see something and it doesn't make sense but I won't make things up.

Edited by 7.62
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BobbyO
SSR Team

I don't see it that way personally. If someone describes a sighting as 8ft for example, i don't personally think these things get that big, but they're obviously big, huge, so that exaggeration would kind of be understandable as we simply aren't used to gauging things at 7ft, 8ft, whatever so as it was huge, it could get labelled as "8ft".

 

It also wouldn't necessarily mean that they didn't see what they saw neither.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huntster
BFF Donor
3 hours ago, James33 said:

..........Witness claims he used to deliver packages and one of the regular places he delivered to was a taxidermist.  One day he entered the business and no one seemed to be there so as he was calling for the owner, he went into the back room and found a sasquatch being mounted (or at least the head).  He left the room before the owner discovered him.........

 

Taxidermists can be really weird guys.........

BBCB1ED6-150A-476A-BCAB-3C8C9A033CCD.jpeg

DB2042D5-2F19-458D-B968-792F8C5B77F6.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squatchy McSquatch
3 hours ago, James33 said:

I've read and listened to accounts (Sasquatch Chronicles, etc) that seem pretty extraordinary and was wondering what others thought of them.  Here are some examples of what I consider extreme or extraordinary. 

 

  • Witness claims he used to deliver packages and one of the regular places he delivered to was a taxidermist.  One day he entered the business and no one seemed to be there so as he was calling for the owner, he went into the back room and found a sasquatch being mounted (or at least the head).  He left the room before the owner discovered him. 
  • Witness claimed that a sasquatch attacked his home routinely in Swain County NC, on a Cherokee Indian Reservation.  This was in the 1970's?  Witness claimed his dad used a CB radio to communicate as they had no phone.  He also claims he ended up shooting and killing the creature and with the help of the grandfather disposed of the body.  
  • Same witness claims that more recently someone went missing and when he and a friend went looking, they discovered the man dismembered over several miles and his truck and camp site damaged like something had attacked it.  Supposedly, government officials came in and called it a wolf attack.  
  • Witness claims an old woman (forget where) would regularly have visits from a family of bigfoots and that the young would stay inside her house.  The witness claims to have been at her house when the creatures were there.  Also claimed the woman could "talk" to them and that she would feed them and they watched a TV she would put outside in the yard. 

 

These are just a few - and, of course, there is ZERO evidence to back up ANY of these claims.  No photos, no video, no corroborating witnesses, no casts, no hair, no blood, nothing. They are entertaining for sure, but to me it gets too ridiculous or too much "Woo" to take seriously at all. Does anyone believe any of these type of accounts and if so, what compels you to that conclusion? 

 

None of that happened.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7.62
30 minutes ago, BobbyO said:

I don't see it that way personally. If someone describes a sighting as 8ft for example, i don't personally think these things get that big, but they're obviously big, huge, so that exaggeration would kind of be understandable as we simply aren't used to gauging things at 7ft, 8ft, whatever so as it was huge, it could get labelled as "8ft".

 

It also wouldn't necessarily mean that they didn't see what they saw neither.

 

 

But that's more of being mistaken on the height of the animal . I was talking more about people who add things in the story of features  that they didn't see .

To me at least that's just lying ,  it's not being mistaken .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spacemonkeymafia

I listen to all of them. Some are questionable, most are good listening. Recently a lady in her 60s was on and she got very detailed for her sighting 50 years ago. A little hard to believe people have such outstanding memory capability.

I can't remember the show number but one guy was unbearable to listen to, wailing, crying, drunk?, having a breakdown while telling his story.

Wes sure has patience, he lets the people tell their stories and doesn't judge them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7.62

If you want to listen to some really crazy tales on the verge of absurd try dogman encounters  radio

 

I guess it goes with the territory  in this type of research .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug

I know a taxidermist who used to be a member here and may still be, who competed with a life size Sasquatch he made in the image of Patty. Also, I know of a taxidermy supply company that sells primate sculptures that you can apply their fake fur on them. All of which could be mistaken for a real Sasquatch by the average person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NatFoot
BFF Donor
7 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

 

None of that happened.

 

 

 

And you don't exist as a real person.

 

Any difference in our two statements?

3 hours ago, Doug said:

I know a taxidermist who used to be a member here and may still be, who competed with a life size Sasquatch he made in the image of Patty. Also, I know of a taxidermy supply company that sells primate sculptures that you can apply their fake fur on them. All of which could be mistaken for a real Sasquatch by the average person.

 

I've seen it in Bailey, CO.

 

If that's not the one you speak of ..there's one there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Patterson-Gimlin

I agree zero evidence to back it up. Most of them make good campfire stories. That is of course entertaining .

I rather enjoy eyewitness accounts . Especially,when the person seems genuinely sincere in their accounts. 

There are several members here that have what they believe to be legitimate sightings. i may not share their enthusiasm ,but then again 

I am no expert and was not there so therefore i can't judge . 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Explorer
On 12/17/2018 at 11:30 AM, James33 said:

I've read and listened to accounts (Sasquatch Chronicles, etc) that seem pretty extraordinary and was wondering what others thought of them.  Here are some examples of what I consider extreme or extraordinary. 

  • Same witness claims that more recently someone went missing and when he and a friend went looking, they discovered the man dismembered over several miles and his truck and camp site damaged like something had attacked it.  Supposedly, government officials came in and called it a wolf attack.  

These are just a few - and, of course, there is ZERO evidence to back up ANY of these claims.  No photos, no video, no corroborating witnesses, no casts, no hair, no blood, nothing. They are entertaining for sure, but to me it gets too ridiculous or too much "Woo" to take seriously at all. Does anyone believe any of these type of accounts and if so, what compels you to that conclusion? 

 

I listen to some of these shows in order to be aware of what folks are claiming is possible.

The range of stories is amazingly broad; they cover the full spectrum of belief (from adorable teachers/healers to alpha male killers).

That is not  what I have experienced and is not what others that I have met in BFRO trips have experienced. 

But maybe BF experiences follow a gaussian curve, and you could get those long tail experiences that are beyond bizarre.

Or maybe there are different types of BFs out there.

I don't know.

In these radio shows, we can't tell if the speaker is telling the truth, but we might be able to detect deception.

 

For example, in that last show from Sas Chronicles, with the story about the guy who was dismembered, the storyteller said 2 things that were red flags immediately and lowered his credibility.

1) He said that he and his buddy walked 15 miles following a bloody trail and left sticks for every body part found.  Hiking 15 miles out and 15 miles back will take a full day! And he claimed there was blood and body parts for 15 miles?!  I don't believe it.

2) He said that the unknown government agency brought dogs to leave wolf like tracks and then told the community at large that a pack of wolves killed the man.  To me, if a government agency tells the press that a pack of wolves is killing people in North Carolina, that would be front page news.  Even more significant than BF, because wolves are real animals.  I read that there are no gray wolves in NC, but that they have red wolves.  But I have no idea if a pack of red wolves have ever killed anybody in NC.   The whole cover story sounds bizarre.  

If people want us to take them seriously with extraordinary claims likes these, then at a minimum they should find the newspaper clippings or incident report for that incident describing how the man was discovered and dismembered over 15 miles and describing how the local F&G Dept. said it was done by wolves.

No newspaper or incident report on a human death?  Then it is just another wild tale for our entertainment.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BobbyO
SSR Team
On 12/17/2018 at 11:52 PM, 7.62 said:

But that's more of being mistaken on the height of the animal . I was talking more about people who add things in the story of features  that they didn't see .

To me at least that's just lying ,  it's not being mistaken .

 

Such as what ?

 

Height exaggeration is one of the main features of whatvyou talk of there imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×