New Member Introductions

WV FOOTER

Howdy everyone. I'm new. Thirty something ranch hand outside the Ft Worth Texas area. I never had an encounter, but have developed a fascination with this. I'm just here to learn more and with any luck, read some interesting stories. 

My favorite so far is one from the old Art Bell show, "Midnight In The Desert", the experiences of a nice Texas lady called Elaine, and her son, Sierra. She claimed she had a small family of bigfoots on the outskirts of her acreage and the male father would peek into their windows and leave scat in the yard, and that she regularly left pies in her back yard for him to find. 

It had some humorous elements, but painted them as intelligent primates. Worth searching up on YT. 

I've seen all Les Stroud's material on the topic, and recently watched a couple documentaries. Well, anyway, cheers! Looking forward to reading and chatting a bit. 

• Upvote 1

Welcome Sirkstorm, SteveBalls, ZawWin, Tsstraka93, mumberg, MonstroMan, and LAkadian.

On 12/29/2018 at 11:43 AM, WV FOOTER said:

Welcome to the Bigfoot Forums. Please use this area to tell us about yourself and briefly how you became interested in Bigfoot!

If you wish to post your BF encounters, experiences and stories, please do so in the appropriate threads- after you introduce yourself here. This is not the area for prolonged or continuous encounter reports because they will simply be deleted. If you need assistance, contact a moderator or administrator. 

Thanks and enjoy the forums.

Hello

I have been interested in Cryptids since 1972 my first book I could order in school book sale was on Bigfoot and Loch Ness monsters and it has only grown.With the internet introduction I have read all I can about the Sasquatch encounters and listen to many of the podcasts dedicated to the beings.I am 61 and have been out in field a few times and what to become a part of a group campout in the near future. I am a believer just haven't actually seen a Sasquatch.My hope is to become more informed to try to do my own research. Hello to all

10 hours ago, ravenzdad3 said:

what to become a part of a group campout in the near future. I am a believer just haven't actually seen a Sasquatch.My hope is to become more informed to try to do my own research. Hello to all

Hello ravenzdad3. Group camping can have a safety factor but too many people can have negative effects. One to two people is good to rouse the curiosity factor in animals while doing car camping. No need to go on an epic cross country hike. If your area has big bears, then sleeping in your vehicle ( hard side camping ) may be the way to go. You might be surprised with what walks by your vehicle in the dark of night. Bulk up on safety gear.

Howdy! I'm Gandalf from Alabama. I've had a few experiences which started my general curiosity and various adventures in researching bigfoot. Excited to be a part of this community.

• Upvote 1

Technically not a new member but my how the forums have grown since I was last active here - Congratulations Gigantor and all the members of the management team.

Grew up in the 60s and 70s and learned everything I needed to know about Bigfoot from In Search of and the The Six Million Dollar Man.  Then completely forgot about Bigfoot from the 80s to the aughts.  Sometime around 2010 or 2011 I saw multiple specials back-to-back on the topic, such as Bigfoot, Legend Meets Science and was sort of stunned to see that Bigfoot was still "a thing."  Was able to concentrate on the issue, but work and family life took a couple of turns for the more complex and I lacked the time and energy to keep up here, so disappeared circa 2015-2016.

I have never seen a Bigfoot and don't expect to, but now that I'm approaching retirement I hope to contribute more frequently, particularly to the SSR.  I have my own database of over 1,000 sightings in the northeast US and eastern Canada.  Even managed to interview a few witnesses.  Have come to two conclusions - first, that Bigfoot exists, and second, that it will never be believed until there is an unequivocal body or body part on a slab.  Unfortunately, until that undeniable proof exists, most of the world will continue to look at Bigfoot as a myth.