Blockbuster News

Guest Silver Fox

Not really. Subject gets a copy of the interview and gets to rewrite anything they want to in there for whatever reason. They don't think they were quoted right, they don't like they way it sounds, I'm putting words into their mouth, or they just flat out want certain stuff removed.

And I do along with all of those requests. Sometimes the interviews get a couple of rewrites with all of the subject's changes.

As long as it goes back to the subject and comes back one way or the other, make changes and changes are made, or don't, either way, the finished product is one in which the subject is satisfied that they are not being misquoted in any way whatsoever, which is what the credibility is all about anyway.

Most journalists don't do that, but I make a special effort to do that.

Understood.

Admin

Have fun tearing apart this carcass, folks.

Raise expectations so high that when the results are revealed, it will be considered a failure.

Guest wudewasa

When this evidence is accepted and published in a peer reviewed journal, then I'll be interested.

Is this story reminiscent of the "alien autopsy" silliness that occurred in the late 1990s?!

Checking my connection 'cause I've had some difficulty replying in threads today. Here's a quick opinion:

The "bear hunter's" story is complete b.s., and this guy will never prove that he's killed 1, let alone 2 bigfoots. He also hasn't killed anywhere near 1000 bears.

Guest Joey Kay

Wow this is amazing. Seems like the US govenment probably have known about BF for a long time. There is jus too much money to be lost if it goes public. Why shoot the chilid aswell? he coulda fired some warning shots. What a horrible guy. I mean the one that survived if he ever sees a human again he jus prolly gonna derstroy them. I hate hunters, I have zero respect for them. The only ones i can tolerate are the tribesmen who hunt with bow and arrows. But these guys with their big guns are soooo lame.

First, bigfoot exist. Second, more people (with and without special expertise), money, and technology are now being devoted to their "public discovery" than ever before. Third, the probable eventual outcome is that their existence will be proven.

If the Erickson Project is taking their time to make sure that their proof can withstand controversy, then power to them. If they've got the resources to do what they are reported to have done so far, then they also have the resources to obtain the best legal and media representation, and act on their advice. They're crawling awfully far out on a very long limb and they should be as cautious as possible to make sure that their actions withstand both scientific and legal scrutiny and that they can properly protect the intellectual property that they are developing.

It's a messy subject. More people than we can possibly anticipate with more agendas than we can count will be all over this when it does come out. Almost certainly these folks are already under barrage from groups trying to either get in on the action or suppress their findings.

Taking this new info at face value, based on my confidence that Silver Fox has vetted the source, increases my confidence level in the forthcoming information from the Erickson Project.

Somehow I think the story is credible. The character of the hunter does exactly what you would expect from somebody like that, talking about having killed 1000 bears. He is interpreting everything (from his view) like a master of Sasquatch (just some years "into it"), overstreches his actual knowledge (got the Body connection story) to conspiracy theories and in the end spills the beans because of his curiosity and because he thinks its time to get it moving. Exactly the guy you would not have in a confidential process, on the other hand you just need some people whom character you cant choose.

Not really. Subject gets a copy of the interview and gets to rewrite anything they want to in there for whatever reason. They don't think they were quoted right, they don't like they way it sounds, I'm putting words into their mouth, or they just flat out want certain stuff removed.

And I do along with all of those requests. Sometimes the interviews get a couple of rewrites with all of the subject's changes.

As long as it goes back to the subject and comes back one way or the other, make changes and changes are made, or don't, either way, the finished product is one in which the subject is satisfied that they are not being misquoted in any way whatsoever, which is what the credibility is all about anyway.

Most journalists don't do that, but I make a special effort to do that.

A journalist without a digital voice recorder? I've a telephone jack for my Olympus dvr.

Without providing the dialogue, how can we know you've not shaded your report (with evident, tacit approval from the subject)?

Killed over a 1000 bear in his lifetime? Wow if the guy is 100 that's 10 bear a year from birth very impressive!

That claim is obviously from a guy with a little too much bravado and is just exaggerating his accomplishments. Unfortunately it puts his other claims in a bad light.

Too many holes in the story

Killed 1000 bears. Like Kareem's claims of sleeping with 20,000 women, the math doesn't hold up.

4' sas juvenile only weighing 80 lbs., with as massive as these creatures sound full grown, the 80lb mark seems light.

If the BFRO missed out on it and was hopping mad, you'd think they'd be doing more than the cheesey TV show they are doing now. Either stepping up their research to try and beat the EP or just blowing the whistle on the whole deal; the later being more likely.

The film is 100% done, but they are waiting on the DNA study to finish? Sounds like there will be a hole in the film if it is finished and the DNA study isn't.

The Edmonton bigfoot living near the dump. If lots of people know about it, pics and vid are soon to follow, but where are they?

Not trying to discredit the guy, he seems to be doing a good job at it himself.

On the other hand, it sure would be nice to finally have some great solid evidence.

Guest tracker

" I’ve shot over 1,000 of them. I love bears" nice dry.gif

Two Bf bodies on ice and were still debating existence? We've already lost 44 years so lets get a move on I am not getting any younger. JMO

It doesn't make sense... If it was true I think Ketchum, Erickson and the Olympic Project guys would (have) act differently. They have wealthy sponsors like Wally Hersom or Erickson himself. If it was true these guys would have bought the bodies long ago...

Who is the source? I'm sure we can figure it out because there are so many hints...

from the article:

"I was recently put into touch with a hunter from the Western US who is quite well known in his field. You might even say that he is famous. He and others were the subject of a recent book, and he often gives talks at various forums. He was offered a position at America’s foremost science museum but turned it down for unknown reasons."

Guest Silver Fox

It doesn't make sense...If it was true I think Ketchum, Erickson and the Olympic Project guys would (have) act differently. They have wealthy sponsors like Wally Hersom or Erickson himself. If it was true these guys would have bought the bodies long ago...

Who is the source? I'm sure we can figure it out because there are so many hints...

from the article:

"I was recently put into touch with a hunter from the Western US who is quite well known in his field. You might even say that he is famous. He and others were the subject of a recent book, and he often gives talks at various forums. He was offered a position at America’s foremost science museum but turned it down for unknown reasons."

Source is a pretty famous person in his field. He gave me his name and though I had never heard of it, I Googled it and came up with a ton of hits right away. Then I did an image search and the whole page filled up with photos of him at various workshops and meetings, addressing people, etc. He's one of the top names in his field, at least in North America.

As far as sources of his knowledge, he is:

Very close to Adrian Erickson

Also close to "Olympic Project" (don't want to name any names)

Knows Bindernagel

Knows Moneymaker, went on BFRO outings, now seems on the outs with them

Warm, effusive, very friendly guy, seems to get along well with everyone. Doesn't get into fights, hold grudges or anything like that. Doesn't care about his reputation - one gets the impression that he's one of those famous people who doesn't care anymore about these things.

As far as the Olympic Project goes, I do not think that the OP itself wants to be in direct possession of those bodies at all. Most people seem to be acting like those bodies and even their parts are like hot potatoes. Everyone's afraid of legal stuff.

Round and round we go. I'll say this first. The Olympic Project hasn't lied about anything. There are things we haven't talked about due to NDA's. It has never been our intention to brag on this forum about our submitted samples. We have tried to to discuss as much as we can about the study because we've been asked a million questions by people on this forum and everywhere else. We're not some covert agency concealed in secrecy trying to tease everyone. We are part of the Bigfoot community and we've given as much information as we possibly can at this time.

Second, there are a lot of un-truths on the Lindsay blog post. That's all I can say right now.

Third, we have nothing to do with the Erickson Project. NOTHING. I've spoke to Erickson one time in my life. He was all worried that the OP was trying to beat him to the punch. He was talking to people in Canada and spreading inaccurate rumors about the OP. I did confront him on these issues. I assured him that we were not trying to take his lime light. That's the only time we've ever talked.