Blockbuster News

Guest Silver Fox

Well I smell a rat and something happened. I just can't figure out exactly what would be worse than the scenario either SF or Derek put forth. There is not a whole lot different about either one of them other than the character of the shooter, which was neither here nor there. So let's see if some blog suddenly pops up with the news that someone has the bigfoot baby scenario and is raising it, revealed by a secret source, of course....

I can see a Photoshopped pic of someone bottle feeding a five foot tall baby Bigfoot on the cover of National Enquirer.

Guest Dudlow
And he'll learn to play the accordian!

B) Okay, here's the inevitable musician joke.

Question: What's the definition of a gentleman?

Answer: A man who can play accordian but chooses not to. :lol:

Nyuk, nyuk

- Dudlow

Guest Thepattywagon

That's normally a 'viola joke', lol. I have a friend (violist) who has memorized a thousand viola jokes.

Speaking of violas, I think our Bill Munns had a close encounter or two with that instrument.....he probably doesn't want to talk about it. He is a gentleman, after all! :)

Sorry for the derail!

PW:

Wow, talk about a good memory. I'd forgotten ever mentioning the viola. It was seventh grade, a class in "Strings" One, basic music requirement. I wanted the base, but all were taken. So I asked for a cello, but again, they ran out of instruments to assign to students before my name came up, and I was going to jump off a cliff before I'd pick up a violin, so I got stuck with a viola for a year. Realizing wisely that I have no future as a musician, I gave it up as soon as the school stopped assigning me required music classes.

Anyways, end of trip down memory lane, and back to the thread topic.

Bill

I can see a Photoshopped pic of someone bottle feeding a five foot tall baby Bigfoot on the cover of National Enquirer.

Didn't the Enquirer go out of business?

Could be, that's the only I could think of.

I just double-checked, it's still in business, it's Weekly World News that went out, at least in print...it's still available via subscription email.

Not to be a downer or anything, but isn't is reasonable to wait for the peer reviewed paper before getting all hyped up? I think way too much is being speculated here. If there is a body, ok. Science requires that. If it's a child, ok, what is done is done. Don't forget...science doesn't feel anything...it's a method...not a person....science requires what it requires...and it requires a lot. If there is DNA that proves that bigfoot is real, I'm totally good with it. Back stories be damned.

• Upvote 2

I had not considered this, but it makes sense. The question that's been niggling at me is "Why the heck did the mother expose herself and wave her arms?" The only logical answer is that she was protecting her kids. If the kids were unexposed and not at risk there would be no reason for her to act in such a manner. If he had already taken a shot at one of her kids, her actions are completely understandable.

I, personally, would rush someone who was shooting at my children, and I'm just a female human, but someone would have to go through me first to get to my kids.

I think that this statement is further proof of a hoax.

Jodie,

You bring up another angle I had considered, the shooter actually kept a young squatch! I guess that could be tied in. The guy stumbles across 1 or 2 young squatch, the mother isn't far off and charges, he lets her have it and kills her. I'm convinced the mother/aunt had to have been shot at close range.

This could also explain why it isn't taken to higher, more prestiges institutes...they would get together with the Bureau of Land or whomever has jurisdiction and take the baby squatch. By going through this lab, it just makes it more convenient and easier to control. You can't control the situation if you went to Stanford or higher.

I'm not sure how I'd feel if the guy has a actual bf youngin in custody.

Not if you have it tucked away on a ranch or large piece of property somewhere, but you know, it's just my imagination. However, I can't think of any other reason that SF would elicit this kind of reaction from both Derek and Dr. Ketchum IMO.

I still think that the story about shooting a mama and her baby is a fabrication.

However, a young BF could have been captured, but I wonder how anyone could keep that quiet?

Plus stories abound about how protective BF are towards their children, and I sincerely think that a momma would have to be killed to get her child..

My kids are grown and I'm still protective of them.

Not to be a downer or anything, but isn't is reasonable to wait for the peer reviewed paper before getting all hyped up? I think way too much is being speculated here. If there is a body, ok. Science requires that. If it's a child, ok, what is done is done. Don't forget...science doesn't feel anything...it's a method...not a person....science requires what it requires...and it requires a lot. If there is DNA that proves that bigfoot is real, I'm totally good with it. Back stories be damned.

Hairyman, the topic of the thread is about more then just DNA, its about some alleged bodies. There have been alleged bodies before and look how they turned out. So there is concern because of some of the contradictions.

Luckily for all of us, society doesn't live by science alone. We would be in serious trouble if it did. We establish moral & ethical guidelines to keep science in line. If we didn't, there would be widespread cloning of humans and other ugly behavior using body parts of the unwilling. The same cloning issue will likely be faced with bigfoot someday. How evidence is retrieved is also part of science. There is a conduct we must abide by. A morality of our own will. Should we go trap ancient tribal members in the Amazon because science wants to study them? No because we know that would be wrong. Laws will be written even based on how these alleged samples were retrieved. The how is just as important as the what.

That's as well said as I've ever seen HairyMan. Exactly my sentiments.