Low End Gear And Research Equipment

hiflier

I swapped out the sd card on the recorder last week. The 32g sd card only had 3g left after 31 days. That would be roughly 4 more days of recording. The batteries were still good to go, but I have no clue how to measure how much power is left in them. I just replaced them. 
 So far there’s lots of jets flying by between the hours of 10pm and 4am. Something was messing with the recorder one night, I’m thinking mouse. Rain, hail, and something turning over rocks. Probably a hungry bear. I saw lots of overturned rocks hiking into the location.

I have most everything to build a second recorder now. Everything but mics. I ordered them from the same individual, but this time I ordered the right ones. Lol. As of right now, I still haven’t received a notification from PayPal that anything has been done. I’m going to order a pair from kimbrough audio. Kimbrough is out of black though. I’m going to try to paint white ones with a small brush. I also found a better way to run the battery elimination. 

I built the second recorder today. I found battery eliminators online that comes with a usb plug. You can get them in single battery up to four batteries. All I had to do was drill a hole to run the wire through. Since I’m running alkaline batteries, all I had to do was snip off the usb. I learn a little more each time I build one. This one is going to be lag bolted to a tree.
since 2 D cell batteries ran the recorder for 31 days set at mp3 320kbps for 6 hours a day, I’m setting this one that way as well. I could drop down some on the recording rate and get more time, or increase it to get better quality. I’m happy with 30-35 days. The recorder only accepts up to 32g sd cards. 
If you want to build one, or want me to build one for you, let me know.

83AE90DB-C419-4B1F-8655-1DCF4AEC6AEE.jpeg

9FF16E23-970F-4166-872F-2DACB988231D.jpeg

308E4624-A369-412D-A616-CCDE6616F48F.jpeg

8E5A3B1B-E0CC-418B-B6E2-7A31E712C675.jpeg

• Upvote 3

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic