hiflier

Low End Gear And Research Equipment

wiiawiwb
BFF Donor

Great idea SWWASAS. There was a guy that had a YouTube channel and would camo his trail cams to be absolutely invisible. I've never seen any trail cams like his. He was not interested in night time shots or videos so he would cover the IR.

Doing that would eliminate the detection of IR by a sasquatch. 

BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor

I wanted to pass along a good little piece of equipment for those of you who are running electronics while you are out on the hunt.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XZ6KSG3/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A32BDIEK75ANF5&psc=1

It's a 32,000 mAh battery charger that I picked up a few months ago.  It has 3 charging ports, and I have used it to charge my FLIR, night vision, cameras, GPS, and phones while out for extended periods of time.  

They are on sale for $44 bucks right now, down from the usual price of $70.  This is the charger that I carry on my chest rig and charge my FLIR during use.  It's a brick, but has replaced the 3 smaller chargers that I used to carry.  

• Like 1

Catmandoo
BFF Donor

BRB, My understanding is that lithium batteries above 100Wh  will be confiscated by TSA at airports. Your unit ( the power bank ) is rated at 121.6WH. It is a no-go for air travel.   How long does it take to charge up? I checked Amazon today and the price is back to $70. 

Amazon and ebay have power bank units listed under several brand names. I have purchased several power banks of lower capacity but have no idea if they are genuine or forgeries. Buyer beware. 

Edited by Catmandoo
text

hiflier
BFF Donor

Regarding game cameras. F&W use them all the time. FS use them to monitor trails. One would think that like anything else animals, including BF, would get used to them, especially if no harm comes to them. It may eventually become like, "Oh, look Quozz, another one of those do nothing boxes."

Edited by hiflier