The case for Homo Erectus

norseman

21 hours ago, NatFoot said:

You crazy?

:D

I suppose that is left to your interpretation :rofl:, I was exposed to very frequent interactions near my home and with that I became desensitized to the level of ( very real ) danger in approaching such a wild creature.  In the time since I believe my level of respect regarding their power and ability has matured, that being said I still may break away from better judgment if I felt I could capture something remarkable. Nothing risked, nothing gained. 

I would say I am motivated to find resolution, I would be lying if I said I was not interested in proving my story to those significant to me.  I have faced a great deal of criticism from friends, family and complete strangers but this is not just my own story.  I want the truth displayed for every single person who has been in my shoes and to most of all protect these creatures and their habitat ranges.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

On 10/23/2019 at 1:42 PM, NathanFooter said:

The skull of the fawn had a single laceration just above the eye sockets ( about an inch behind toward the brain case ), beyond the surface damage to the skin we also noted that the skull actually had been crushed bluntly with some kind of object as the area of impact was now depressed, you could press with your fingers on this area and it was spongy and soft.

Stay tuned for a post of mine the next few days.  I may have the solution for how this occurred.

10 hours ago, NathanFooter said:

I suppose that is left to your interpretation :rofl:, I was exposed to very frequent interactions near my home and with that I became desensitized to the level of ( very real ) danger in approaching such a wild creature.  In the time since I believe my level of respect regarding their power and ability has matured, that being said I still may break away from better judgment if I felt I could capture something remarkable. Nothing risked, nothing gained.

And I meekly grabbed my dogs and left the area multiple times.  BAMF

On 10/23/2019 at 10:31 AM, 7.62 said:

Bobcats and foxes  make some freaky sounds could it have been this maybe

Nope.  It wasn't the sounds of nature that disturbed him.  It was the sounds of a shrieking deer followed by bones being methodically broken and eaten.

12 hours ago, NathanFooter said:

I would say I am motivated to find resolution, I would be lying if I said I was not interested in proving my story to those significant to me.  I have faced a great deal of criticism from friends, family and complete strangers but this is not just my own story.  I want the truth displayed for every single person who has been in my shoes and to most of all protect these creatures and their habitat ranges.

Good for you. I get the eye rolls from family and friends when I talk about my belief. I'm motivated to just be a knower but I get out so infrequently now that I'm counting on you folks to help me get there.

Once I know, that'll be enough for me. Thanks for all of your efforts and grief towards my end goal. So...get a body or something so close, fast and massive...that it'll be good enough.

On 10/24/2019 at 9:13 AM, NathanFooter said:

Well said bud!!

On 10/22/2019 at 12:15 PM, Saffasquatch said:

Who are you replying to? The topic in general? What is your alternate hypothesis? That it's more like a gorilla? Gigantopithecus?

To me by far the more likely hypothesis is the one OP stated, that it is a primitive late surviving hominid and that is what Dr. Meldrum thinks too (though he originally believed the gigantopithecus explanation). The only genus of primate that primarily walks upright we know for sure has survived into the modern age is homo. Let me deconstruct your argument. 

"Now, dig into basic knowledge of what an early modern human might be like and their lifestyle and behaviors" 

Early modern humans? Modern humans usually refers to Homo sapiens. I assume you mean Erectus, Paranthropus, Heidelbergensis etc. Which are usually referred to as primitive humans. Anything more primitive than Erectus that are usually not called humans or homo. 

Lifestyle and behaviours? It is hard to figure out exactly how Erectus lived since you know, they're all dead (or are they?).  We know they lived in groups, used a wide variety of tools. Some populations may have used fires, others may not have. I have seen convincing evidence that bigfoot uses tools, such as the NAWAC (North American Wood Ape Conservancy) which showed pictures of rocks that were used to crush nuts (what they call nut cracking stations). Also teepee like structures which are recorded all across America indicates not only advanced cognitive processes but advanced dexterity. Also wood knocks are thought to come from sticks being hit against trees which would also count as tool use. These are certainly more advanced than other great apes, but not as advanced as later homo that made advanced stone tools and fire. 

So what was your argument here? What behaviours contradict this hypothesis? Yes it's a stretch, but so is anything to do with bigfoot. We are looking for explanations of a creature which is not verified yet and has no concrete fossil evidence, any theory sounds ridiculous to the average paleontologist. 

What have you got? 

De Loy's Ape is not convincing at all to me. It looks too much like a Spider monkey, and even if it isn't (which is unlikely) it doesn't have the anatomy of an upright walking ape. Notice it's feet have extended opposable halluces (big toes) which is useful for climbing trees but not for walking. It is not found in any humanoid. In fact part of the definition of the genus homo is that it's upright walking.  

Behavior of Homo Erectus is a very broad topic because it has become apparent by paleontologists that there is a spectrum of HE species.  It isn't just one.  It covers many archaic humans and there are many gaps in the fossil record. However, we do know enough to know when HE existed and unless we are talking millions of years of a distant past we will never have a complete fossil record of, then it would be biologically impossible for HE to have evolved into the creature of BF. It's just not a reasonable theory based on physiology alone. HE behaviors that we do know of based on archaeological finds are similar to other humans such as neanderthals and homo sapiens.  Remarkably similar in fact and if you need me or some giant you tube video pasted into this forum prove it then I would say, first just do some basic research to figure that out for yourself instead since that clarity is already out there.

• Upvote 1

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • 2 months later...

Just read an article that has attributed the Mastodon bone damage at the Cerutti site in San Diego to heavy machinery being driving over the site. So....no early Homo? At least still none that have been found......yet.  https://www.filthymonkeymen.com/2019/04/18/cerutti-mastodon-130000-american-site-disputed/

Edited by hiflier

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Just read an article that has attributed the Mastodon bone damage at the Cerutti site in San Diego to heavy machinery being driving over the site. So....no early Homo? At least still none that have been found......yet.  https://www.filthymonkeymen.com/2019/04/18/cerutti-mastodon-130000-american-site-disputed/

The guys that break elephant bones in Africa say that it’s the real deal. 

• Upvote 1

I agreed to be an organ donor when I die, hopefully my shins serve as a good example of what hitting coffee tables in the dark look like!  

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, hiflier said:

Just read an article that has attributed the Mastodon bone damage at the Cerutti site in San Diego to heavy machinery being driving over the site. So....no early Homo? At least still none that have been found......yet.

Anthropologists/Archaeologists seem very resistant to the possible existence of an early new world hominin, bigfoot or not. As norsemen said, these fragments were in fact duplicated with modern day African Elephant bone chipping. Keep in mind these are the same skeptics who have completely ignored the Lake Chapala Browridge with absolutely no other explanation for where it came from.

BFF Patron
On 10/23/2019 at 10:42 AM, NathanFooter said:

I would put money that they do both, active chase pursuit as well as opportunistic dispatch of prey.  

I think your question related to speed noted in reports and not so in videos, I would say that it is already within a filtered context.  The Sasquatches that are most likely to be caught on film would be the ones that chose to respond in a slow and controlled fashion.  I think it is also worth considering that many of these sightings where the animal is observed advancing on prey or navigating terrain at a high rate of speed is more of a planned response by the Sasquatch. If a person walks up on an unaware or distracted Sasquatch we most often see this slow or controlled exit that is almost trying find the path of least or most resistance while tracking the behavior of the human threat.  Many of the reports noting speed also seem to indicate that the creature knew of the humans presence a fair amount of time before the person knew the Sasquatch was there. 

The Georgia dash-camera video is very interesting to me as the subject does appear to clear pavement in about 3 strides at a fairly high rate of speed with very little displayed effort.  

In 2009 I witnessed a young male Sasquatch carrying a dead fawn at about 120 feet, after several moments of both of us locking eyes the creature deliberately dropped the fawn and u-turned into the willow brush ripping up and mangling vegetation during his exit, he was putting on a display.  I and my family returned just 30 or so minutes later, we found several tracks, brush damage and examined the remains of fawn.  The skull of the fawn had a single laceration just above the eye sockets ( about an inch behind toward the brain case ), beyond the surface damage to the skin we also noted that the skull actually had been crushed bluntly with some kind of object as the area of impact was now depressed, you could press with your fingers on this area and it was spongy and soft.

Since 2009 I have chased Sasquatch on 2 separate occasions, in 2012 and in 2014 ( I am was pretty fast around this time ) and in both cases the thing was easily 3 times faster than myself.   The encounter in 2014 I managed to run 30 feet over and charge down a 20 foot bank and another 15 feet to the waters edge of the river and in that time the animal had ran out of a cedar patch about 15 yards across and clear a 100 yard section of field to the right on the other side of the river where it stood and began whooping again. The event from 2012 is somewhere here recorded on the forum but in short I heard it " talking " so I charged into the poplar and young oak thicket camera in hand ( it was around 35 yards deep or so ), about 3 seconds after I charged in I could hear it plowing through the thicket away from me, it sounded like a train derailing into the forest.  The thing managed to cross the thicket ( about 100 yards long ) about 90 degrees of my nose to the right, it exited the thicket and hit the swamp flats ( I could hear the water crashing and spraying ) that are about another 30 yards deep before it gives way to large cedars.   I only made it in about 20 yards in before I heard it break water. By the time I got to the waters edge by the swamp the water had settled down, I stood there a few moments listening. After some time I decided to either do a couple hand knocks or a whoop ( foggy on this part ) and in response a huge dead tree came crashing down just into the cedars, I turned back toward the road and thought " Ok idiot, time to leave ".

Reflecting on these incredible experiences, I can't help but laugh when I hear folks suggest that these things are not as powerful or fast as stated in reports, for me there is no question that they are well suited to run down prey.

Doesn't sound like that one is a woo sighting but it sure does sound like it was a forest ninja on steroids.  My knees are so bad now I couldn't chase a Sasquatch if I wanted to.  I like to travel in research pods with those that are slower than me though as a result.  I have had two tree pushovers in my time probably as a demonstration and as a warning, one each.  I have seen stealth and power; also humor and brain games. 

Edited by bipedalist

I'm not seeing the obvious, apparently.

And I took anthropology classes at UM.

Maybe I was partying too hard or my professor was not that great. Loved studying the homin bones and evolution though.

Just could never see how it'd make a career.

• 1 month later...
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic