How Has This Forum Affected Your Belief In Bf?

Guest shelley7950

On 6/3/2017 at 10:44 AM, DWA said:

What I thought.  The current threads were getting stale, so I decided to go back into the archives.  I found a number of interesting ones to contribute to. 

Lots of good material in some of the older threads - and this was a good one too.

Good jog - you find some more, I for one will be interested!

Oh, I'll keep looking back there.  I think I pulled the ones I have off like the last one or two pages available.  In other words, more where these came from for sure.

3 hours ago, DWA said:

Oh, I'll keep looking back there.  I think I pulled the ones I have off like the last one or two pages available.  In other words, more where these came from for sure.

Well, I feel kind of bad for some who just discover an interest in these things, and come here like I did, and received nothing but negative attacks and comments.  

I know for a fact that a lot of the more interesting, more experienced, and more knowledgeable critter folks have just abandoned this site after running out of patience - leaving many fewer to learn from, or to hear from.

I've stayed out of here for some time - but got tired of all the idiotic, repetitive negative comments I got in email updates.  So I jumped back in for a while.

I likewise caught flak by bringing up some material in older threads - oddly - by the same know-it-alls still here.  They know everything, they have their own mind set on what is the right way - which is the only way - and just grind on and on and on repeating the same feces.

So, for new folks, it's probably much easier to just walk around the pile of scat some call scientific skepticism - never really getting a chance to learn from narratives past and present.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, that is precisely why I jumped in the wayback machine.  I was just getting sick of the back-forth slagging that a few of the current threads had become.  Some folks that one can read from back then, like Huntster for example, are only on the premium Forum now; you never see them here.

Hoping you two don't dislocate an elbow. Careful out there.

On second glance, it's wise you've taken to patting each other's backs. Safer that way. Carry on.

Edited by Incorrigible1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Hoping you two don't dislocate an elbow. Careful out there.

On second glance, it's wise you've taken to patting each other's backs. Safer that way. Carry on.

As usual, on topic and so very relevant to the discussion.

You want to go some more?  You never came off too well in previous engagements.

Admin

:boredom:

Everyone here has an opinion. The BFF exists to allow people to argue about who's opinion is closer to the truth.

This thread seems to be about people complaining that not everyone agrees with them and how that is a bad thing. Doesn't make sense. If you don't want to argue about it, then don't.

10 minutes ago, gigantor said:

:boredom:

Everyone here has an opinion. The BFF exists to allow people to argue about who's opinion is closer to the truth.

This thread seems to be about people complaining that not everyone agrees with them and how that is a bad thing. Doesn't make sense. If you don't want to argue about it, then don't.

Disagreeing is a good thing during discourse.  Blowing off every other indicator by posters is destructive to discourse.

Maybe you'd like to investigate just a bit, and determine active participants on this site now as opposed to say, two or three years ago.  My money is on the number of active participants is drying up - fast.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Not your call to make, there, pal.

I didn't pull your chain.

Not your call either.

Pal?  Believe me, I'm not your pal.

4 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

I'm not making calls, there, pal.

Reading comprehension - it helps.

I didn't make any call, either - just a simple suggestion and a question.

4 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Now he deflects. Heh!

How you try to wriggle free when caught. Oh, I forgot you don't make mistakes, My apologies ;) 

• masterbarber locked this topic
  • salubrious unlocked this topic