Jump to content
7.62

Do you have clear photos or video of a Bigfoot ?

Recommended Posts

Sasfooty

I have a few pictures & some frames from a video that I wouldn't call "clear", but features can be seen. None of them look even remotely like Standing's. Which means nothing, because they all look different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowBorn
BFF Donor

MIB

I was at a Bigfoot meeting here in Michigan with another researcher who was speaking. Sorry but I am not going to throw out names since I do not think it is proper. But I will quote what he said " If you are going to be in the research of bigfooting then you should prepare your self for that day when one does get shot " . Do not think that it is cold hearted of what I said.  One must be brought down for the good of science so that we may understand the species, If there are people out there that have made contact with these creatures and can bring in living proof then now would be the time to bring it. Otherwise all those who say that they are talking with them and feeding them are just pulling our socks off and wasting our time believing that they know all there is to know about these creatures.

 

There is nothing cold in the pursuit of science and the understanding of what we do not understand. It is coming down to a point that videos and pictures are not good enough. Especially with all the tech that is coming out in photo shop software and CGI.  Photo's and videos are not going to cut it no more. The same goes with these TV stunts that come out . That is just entertainment for the masses which does not mean much for the ones who have had encounters with these creatures.  So do you see where I am going with this. So the best thing that one can do is search for the proper specimen. This way they can be left in peace. The Native Americans had struck a deal with them and I am sure that they have ideas of where one might have been buried by their ancestors.

 

But again this would be not proper since  one would be disturbing a sacred grave site. Just as they test them selves with us as acts of bravery I am sure that they would want it in return. My opinion off course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sasfooty

So, SB, are you saying that it's not proper to disturb some bones that are buried, but it's fine to kill a living, human-like being?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NCBFr
BFF Donor
39 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

There is nothing cold in the pursuit of science and the understanding of what we do not understand. It is coming down to a point that videos and pictures are not good enough. Especially with all the tech that is coming out in photo shop software and CGI.  Photo's and videos are not going to cut it no more. The same goes with these TV stunts that come out . That is just entertainment for the masses which does not mean much for the ones who have had encounters with these creatures.  So do you see where I am going with this. So the best thing that one can do is search for the proper specimen. This way they can be left in peace. The Native Americans had struck a deal with them and I am sure that they have ideas of where one might have been buried by their ancestors.

 

But again this would be not proper since  one would be disturbing a sacred grave site. Just as they test them selves with us as acts of bravery I am sure that they would want it in return. My opinion off course.

 

I can see it now.  "The curse of lost BF Bones".

Edited by NCBFr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MIB
1 hour ago, norseman said:

Your disconnect comes with biology.

 

Not when you are at least 50/50 sure the thing is behaviorally people and / or biologically human even if technologically incredibly primitive.    For instance, I wouldn't deliberately kill a Homo habilis "specimen" if I found a remaining tribe wandering the woods .. except in self defense.   Murder is not one of the techniques of archeology I was taught in college.    

 

If I find they are something else, something other than simple earthly F&B, then I'll reconsider.

 

MIB  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huntster
BFF Donor
6 hours ago, MIB said:

..........I choose not to participate in murder.    If a body is required for proof, and I think it likely is, then proving oversteps my ethical boundaries.   The ends do not justify the means.........

 

I could easily initiate or participate in cold blooded murder under the right circumstances, then peacefully go to sleep that evening. It's the Dietrich Bonhoeffer question: is murder ever justified? By the time the German pastor and theologian answered that question for himself enough to participate in assassination attempts on Adolph Hitler, it was way too late, and scores of millions of "innocent" people were killed.

 

But kill a rare hominin in order to prove its existence to a cabal of hard headed people who should be actively researching the question themselves, and who would turn right around after you did so and serve you up to the lawyer class, take your specimen, and pompously profess all their knowledge about it as if they were on board all along?

 

No way. Those guys can kiss my back pants pocket.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowBorn
BFF Donor
1 hour ago, Sasfooty said:

So, SB, are you saying that it's not proper to disturb some bones that are buried, but it's fine to kill a living, human-like being?

That's just it Sas what you said  "Human like being" We have no idea what it really is and DNA is not giving up it's secrets. What I saw did not look human and looked like an animal except that it had those human features that I think makes us believe that they are human.

 

As far as graves goes we are not going to dig up the folks that we know who have died to collect their bones. Well I feel the same way with them and believe me I have found these mounds that might be graves of them but I do not want to disturb them.  I have come to my own conclusion that these creatures are wild just like any other animal in the forest. If they are so human then where are the fire pits to stay warm. Their hair is not the same as ours  which does not make them Human. We have to face what might happen in our future . Some States are on board with the protection of this species.  Other states just plain ol deny it's existance.  Pictures and video or DNA will never be enough to prove they exist . So we have to face the reality that one must be dispatched. Protection comes after the fact it has been studied just like the Ape/Gorillas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huntster
BFF Donor
2 hours ago, norseman said:

...........The end DO justify the means. Science and human understanding of the universe depend on it. Science is a specimen collector. Animals, plants, rocks, etc.........

 

Let the biologist do their job, then. Currently, most of them are in rabid denial, ignorant dismissal, or utter carelessness. It's their bailiwick. If they fail, it will be their names and industry appropriately dragged through the mud to truth eventually upon discovery.

 

.........

An 8 ft ape man roaming the US forests? You better have proof in spades. And I think it’s the only ethical thing to do. What’s unethical is leaving cryptid animals outside the framework of conservation and protection of the vast government bureaucracy that supposed job is to protect it.

 

Even more guilty than the academic biologists (who are essentially in an eternal chase for government grant money) are the official government biologists who are charged with managing our wildlife resources.........IF these creatures can be accurately described as "wildlife". If they are hominins, then the appropriate government agencies to condemn are the State Department or Bureau of Indian Affairs, Dept. of the Interior. THEY are the unethical ones, not those of us who accept the existence of these creatures. It's no difference than you or I heading to the US-Mexican border to enforce immigration law. We aren't authorized, and if we try, we'll end up in jail where the illegal immigrants belong.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sasfooty
40 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

As far as graves goes we are not going to dig up the folks that we know who have died to collect their bones. Well I feel the same way with them and believe me I have found these mounds that might be graves of them but I do not want to disturb them. 

 

I find it a little strange that you would be so meticulous about leaving the bones of their dead undisturbed, but have no problem killing a live one for it's body, including bones. Seems that it might be even more disturbing to them. Where is the rationality in that???

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norseman
BFF Donor
1 hour ago, MIB said:

 

Not when you are at least 50/50 sure the thing is behaviorally people and / or biologically human even if technologically incredibly primitive.    For instance, I wouldn't deliberately kill a Homo habilis "specimen" if I found a remaining tribe wandering the woods .. except in self defense.   Murder is not one of the techniques of archeology I was taught in college.    

 

If I find they are something else, something other than simple earthly F&B, then I'll reconsider.

 

MIB  

 

Murder I believe is only defined within our species. Although I understand they are trying to broaden that scope to include great apes. Cryptid hominids? Who knows?

 

And if Homo habilis was a cryptid? Until you harvest one specimen in the name of science? People could be in there harvesting for them bush meat or killing them for stealing from their crops, etc. 

 

Without protection including armed Rangers? Mountain Gorillas would already be extinct.

 

Im all for killing the first Sasquatch by any means necessary. Get it done. And then I’m all for murdering every human trying to do them harm after that.

 

 

35 minutes ago, Huntster said:

 

Let the biologist do their job, then. Currently, most of them are in rabid denial, ignorant dismissal, or utter carelessness. It's their bailiwick. If they fail, it will be their names and industry appropriately dragged through the mud to truth eventually upon discovery.

 

 

 

 

Even more guilty than the academic biologists (who are essentially in an eternal chase for government grant money) are the official government biologists who are charged with managing our wildlife resources.........IF these creatures can be accurately described as "wildlife". If they are hominins, then the appropriate government agencies to condemn are the State Department or Bureau of Indian Affairs, Dept. of the Interior. THEY are the unethical ones, not those of us who accept the existence of these creatures. It's no difference than you or I heading to the US-Mexican border to enforce immigration law. We aren't authorized, and if we try, we'll end up in jail where the illegal immigrants belong.

 

The biologists I know couldn’t beat their way out of a wet paper bag. No. It’s gonna take someone with a bit more backbone than that. Like the Huntster! ;)

 

And just because you are incarcerated? Don’t make you wrong. There are plenty of things worth standing up and fighting for in my book.

 

Im not hunting Bigfoot because I like to hunt Apes....... I do not have any Baboon safaris scheduled in my lifetime. I find it creepy..... to each their own. But I think there is a myriad of positive reasons to kill a Sasquatch to prove it exists. Just don’t pull a Smeja and kill a family and then freak out and waste life and opportunity. It it happened at all. If you kill it? Then you must risk life and limb to see it through.

 

Imagine a world in which Sasquatch exists officially? Pretty cool. Who knows? The government seems to have confirmed UFOs now. Maybe something will go our way. It would be better if a specimen did not need to be taken and the government just proclaimed it true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huntster
BFF Donor
21 minutes ago, norseman said:

........And just because you are incarcerated? Don’t make you wrong. There are plenty of things worth standing up and fighting for in my book.........

 

Agreed. Like I wrote about Bonhoeffer, even cold blooded murder can be moral. And I understand your conviction. I was pro-kill for years, but have come to reconsider, primarily because I don't like two faced "authorities". 

 

If a sasquatch made me fear for my life, I'd shoot him and turn him in. And just seeing one and hearing a growl might be enough for me to fear.

 

.......Imagine a world in which Sasquatch exists officially? Pretty cool..........

 

Funny, but I don't think I've actually thought about that enough. I've considered how the kooks and lawyers might cause problems, but not much beyond that. It could actually change everything we know about our own history as a species. 

 

I still dream about actually observing one in the wild. It would be the ultimate outdoor experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Patterson-Gimlin

Lots of great posts in this thread. 

I am obviously pro kill. Not because I don't believe they exist which l don't. 

 

I am both a man of science and religious. I think collecting one specimen by capturing or killing 

Will or at least should be beneficial to the species and the conservation of them 

If by chance I am wrong.

 

Ends all doubt of existence and cover up. The species can then be studied and protected. Not be replaced by concrete, but live in game reserves or man ape reservations. 

 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Catmandoo
BFF Donor
59 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

The species can then be studied and protected. Not be replaced by concrete, but live in game reserves or man ape reservations. 

 

You can't be serious. Humans live in 'man reservations' and they are in bad shape.  Sasquatch could never live in captivity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NatFoot
BFF Donor
3 hours ago, Sasfooty said:

 

I find it a little strange that you would be so meticulous about leaving the bones of their dead undisturbed, but have no problem killing a live one for it's body, including bones. Seems that it might be even more disturbing to them. Where is the rationality in that???

 

I read that and felt the same way.

 

If SB thinks he/she knows where BF are buried, they can't be serious on discovery. A full skeleton would do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hiflier
BFF Donor
4 hours ago, norseman said:

There are plenty of things worth standing up and fighting for in my book.

 

4 hours ago, norseman said:

Imagine a world in which Sasquatch exists officially? Pretty cool. Who knows? The government seems to have confirmed UFOs now. Maybe something will go our way. It would be better if a specimen did not need to be taken and the government just proclaimed it true.

 

Why do you think I've been emailing!?!? Why does anyone? Because I truly think Sasquatch is worth standing up and fighting for. I have been raising my hand and my head to agencies just for that purpose. With all due respect to you, Norseman and everyone else, I don't believe in "maybe something will go our way." I've been trying to seriously force the issue into the open since January. This is from one of my own state regional biologists "We are not sure they don't exist." A true statement that I received live over the phone! The person actually called ME, not the other way round. Isn't that enough to motivate someone, anyone, to begin their own program of emailing and talking to their respective state F&W??

 

Now someone can poo-poo that response but I don't and won't and you know why? Because I opened the door to future dialogue. People here said it would never happen and they were WRONG. It took time and persistence but I at least got the ball rolling. It can work because it did work. Was the answer definitive, Nope. But I am hopeful that a definitive answer will eventually come. Because that phone call isn't the end of the road by any means. But it was an important step. It took about three and a half months of patience to get that phone call. But it's a dang sight better than 51 years in my book.

 

Now I know what people are going to say, "way to go, hiflier, good for you" but they probably still won't lift a finger to a keyboard or a phone for themselves even after knowing now that it can work. They'll still blame me for being a bully as an excuse for whatever it is that they won't do and make it all about me. All I can say is grow a pair. Because this isn't about me and never was- it's about Sasquatch and always has been.  You want to save these magnificent creatures? Then do what ever it takes to save them and that includes contacting officials.

Edited by hiflier
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×