Do you have clear photos or video of a Bigfoot ?

BFF Patron
58 minutes ago, NathanFooter said:

The data from Washington state also seems to indicate that gravel pits seem to draw attention.   I have wondered if it has to do with the draw of rodent and reptile populations in these areas, deer and elk like them also for exposed mineral access. 

I have several theories related to gravel pits.   One being that they may retain daytime heat in the cooler months after the rocks get heat soaked by the sun.     As most of us know the dank dark forest is not someplace all that comfortable during the wet season.    So BF can go hang out on the sun warmed rocks protected from the wind.    Another theory is that they are related to the question what happens to BF bodies.     An abandoned gravel pit,  might be a location where bodies could be interned, under rock piles.    There is usually an abandoned gravel pit associated with every older logging road.    Rather than truck in rock,   they quarried it someplace near the road.    I think it more difficult to get quarry permits,   so the nearby pits may not be common any more.    Joe Beelart mentioned rock pits being associated with rodent gathering in his book.    Apparently picas thrive in them.   North Star Mountain has pits near the top that the Forest Service claim are associated with Native American activity.    However local tribes claim no association with the pits and have no idea what they would have been used for.       I have wondered if the pits are actually used by BF to encourage rodent production.     Beyond the fact that gravel pits are open with no cover,   if BF has some reason to be in them, it could increase the probability of being sighted there.  

Sounds like that would be just short of government actively creating those carcasses?

I don't think that is occurring today in North America. It might be in Asia.

Edited by Huntster

BFF Patron

Well there are those unconfirmed rumors,  that Special Forces or Rangers have been sent in to take care of problem BF.    But that stuff is fringe and probably more fiction than fact.  

37 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I don't think that is occurring today in North America. It might be in Asia.

With a trillion in revenue annually at stake? Could be enough motivation to off something that has never been proven to exist. Of course if one takes, say, a quarter of that (250 billion) to fund science projects then would science also turn a blind eye to secure that kind of funding? 

Edited by hiflier

I think it's just so easy for government to continue the track their on. They have a majority of the people thinking it's a myth, the creatures are playing along by doing their best to hide from us nasty Homo sapiens, they're damned near extinct anyway (especially in pockets of the continent mostly cut off from the larger regions of good habitat by a sea of humanity), and all government has to do is collect up the occasional carcass that turns up. 

Ditto Canada, Russia, and China, which total up the four nations with primary sasquatch history. Add up the nations of the Himalayas, Pamir, and Caucausus regions (Georgia, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Bhutan, Nepal, and India (Tibet being under Chinese control), and the entire phenomenon is covered. And it is likely that these creatures are extinct in the Caucasus and possibly the Pamirs (Georgia, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan, and Kyrgyzstan).

6 hours ago, NathanFooter said:

The data from Washington state also seems to indicate that gravel pits seem to draw attention.   I have wondered if it has to do with the draw of rodent and reptile populations in these areas, deer and elk like them also for exposed mineral access. 

Could be.    I have a couple thoughts.   First, it's an opportunity to observe humans.    There are a ton of reports of people target shooting, etc in gravel pits either seeing bigfoots or finding sign.     Second, acoustics.    Forest absorbs sounds.   Gravel pits, like rock outcroppings, present an improved opportunity to broadcast a vocalization long distance in otherwise heavy forest.   Third, landmarks.    Just as I think the Cascade volcanos make large, long distance landmarks for travel, gravel pits may well present precise local landmarks for travel or meeting up.

MIB 

On 5/28/2019 at 1:31 PM, SWWASAS said:

I have several theories related to gravel pits.   One being that they may retain daytime heat in the cooler months after the rocks get heat soaked by the sun.     As most of us know the dank dark forest is not someplace all that comfortable during the wet season.    So BF can go hang out on the sun warmed rocks protected from the wind.    Another theory is that they are related to the question what happens to BF bodies.     An abandoned gravel pit,  might be a location where bodies could be interned, under rock piles.    There is usually an abandoned gravel pit associated with every older logging road.    Rather than truck in rock,   they quarried it someplace near the road.    I think it more difficult to get quarry permits,   so the nearby pits may not be common any more.    Joe Beelart mentioned rock pits being associated with rodent gathering in his book.    Apparently picas thrive in them.   North Star Mountain has pits near the top that the Forest Service claim are associated with Native American activity.    However local tribes claim no association with the pits and have no idea what they would have been used for.       I have wondered if the pits are actually used by BF to encourage rodent production.     Beyond the fact that gravel pits are open with no cover,   if BF has some reason to be in them, it could increase the probability of being sighted there.  

In northwest Georgia my old research area has a rock quarry. There are reports from years ago people seeing them in it.

BFF Patron
18 minutes ago, spacemonkeymafia said:

In northwest Georgia my old research area has a rock quarry. There are reports from years ago people seeing them in it.

Do you recall the reports indicating what sort of activity they were engaged in?     Perhaps by reading sighting reports in the quarries we could figure out what they seem to be doing.  

As previously mentioned by other posters it’d be most logical to assume minerals from the rocks and possible wildlife to eat.    

Not exactly a gravel pit but where my incident occurred was only about a 1/4 mile walk to a very large and deep sand pit that had about 3 or 4 deep “ponds” in the bottom of it.   We rode in it a lot with our four wheelers but I never recall any activity in it.  

BFF Patron

It could be as simple as a quarry is a meeting place for different clans to meet on neutral ground?   Sort of a natural convention center?    Introduce your daughter to eligible single males from different tribes?    

If it's a repository for food then a BF must be pretty danged hungry to walk on such rocky pointed surfaces. I've said this before but if BF bury their dead there then it will draw the rodents which means food will be in the quarry if the living BF' go there to eat them. Sort of a self-perpetuating food environment. Dead Sasquatch attracts rats which get eaten by live Sasquatch. May not be an intentional BF food cycle but the results are the same, intentional or not. Just how smart ARE those BF's? Smart enough to bury what's left of a deer for the same reason? To attract rodents?

One would think if that were the case though then a quarry or rock talus field would stink of death. Haven't read any reports that say anything like that.

Edited by hiflier

3 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Do you recall the reports indicating what sort of activity they were engaged in?     Perhaps by reading sighting reports in the quarries we could figure out what they seem to be doing.  

Sorry, I don't. It's been a long time. I do know there are many caves and abandoned mines there also.

I had a scary encounter at a gravel pit, which I believe would have been a sighting if I would have had enough nerve. Moans and screams came from there all summer long.

BFF Patron
14 hours ago, Doug said:

I had a scary encounter at a gravel pit, which I believe would have been a sighting if I would have had enough nerve. Moans and screams came from there all summer long.

I just had a crazy thought.     Just like humans have for thousands of years,   early forms of entertainment included theatrical presentations.     Could it be that moans and screams in the quarries are BF theatre?    Quarries are the closest thing they have to colosseums.    

• gigantor unfeatured this topic