What do you think of these tree breaks?

I'm not claiming it's a bigfoot but they were interesting . A friend of mine found these out in a place he had activity last year around this time.

20190509_171334.jpg

Would need to know more and have more pictures.    It would be useful to know the general location and specific elevation to gauge weather as a contributor.    What kind of tree is this?  Judging from the size of the leaves relative to the trunk, this picture was taken with the camera about a foot above the ground.    It would be useful to see a picture from the same angle but head height, then others 90 degrees right, 90 degrees left, and directly behind.   With those for context it would probably be pretty clear what the answer is.   I would bet strongly against bigfoot.   1) This does not have the form/shape/structure of a tree twist or break.  2) I've never seen either at ground level.   

MIB

Thanks for the reply.

I have would have to ask him more about it.He said it seemed interesting the way it was placed next to the stump.To me it looks like a pine maybe.

Nothing really remarkable there, to my eye.. Looks like a punky pine tree that rotted off at the stump....gravity done the rest, or maybe a grub-hunting mammal brought it down. Looks like several others in the vicinity suffered a similar fate. Probably a pine beetle infestation, by the looks of it.