FBI Just Releasd A Report On Bigfoot...

Whistler

Here’s a report on the Bigfoot phenomenon that the FBI recently made available to the public. I haven’t read the whole report as of yet, but I thought I would share it here, so we could all scoure it for tidbits of intel.. Hope y’all enjoy & let me know what y’all think...

Cheers!

FBI Vault- Bigfoot Part 01 of 01

OOPSIE! I just posted my own link to this. I might have got it in under the wire by a nose? ;) 

Edited by hiflier

and the government is doing government things, flat out denying the existence of the Big Ape.  

oh look a government critter from an  alphabet agency said the hair sample was from a deer

That's easy to say, RH454, but what unanswered questions crop up from reading the article. Any? Are there facts presented in the article that counter the FBI's answer and if so, what are they?

Edited by hiflier

56 minutes ago, hiflier said:

That's easy to say, RH454, but what unanswered questions crop up from reading the article. Any? Are there facts presented in the article that counter the FBI's answer and if so, what are they?

FOIA is brought into play

the government can deny/ignore FOIA requests.  A few months criteria for why a FOIA request can be denied.  

2 of the 9 are interesting to me.  One is a threat to National Security and the other is requesting information on geological formation and wells

Not all records are required to be released under the FOIA. Congress established nine exemptions from disclosure for certain categories of information to protect against certain harms, such as an invasion of personal privacy, or harm to law enforcement investigations. The FOIA authorizes agencies to withhold information when they reasonably foresee that disclosure would harm an interest protected by one of these nine exemptions.

The nine exemptions are described below.

• Exemption 1: Information that is classified to protect national security.
  • Exemption 2: Information related solely to the internal personnel rules and practices of an agency.
  • Exemption 3: Information that is prohibited from disclosure by another federal law.
  • Exemption 4: Trade secrets or commercial or financial information that is confidential or privileged.
  • Exemption 5: Privileged communications within or between agencies, including those protected by the:
    1. Deliberative Process Privilege (provided the records were created less than 25 years before the date on which they were requested)
    2. Attorney-Work Product Privilege
    3. Attorney-Client Privilege
  • Exemption 6: Information that, if disclosed, would invade another individual’s personal privacy.
  • Exemption 7: Information compiled for law enforcement purposes that:
    • 7(A). Could reasonably be expected to interfere with enforcement proceedings
    • 7(B). Would deprive a person of a right to a fair trial or an impartial adjudication
    • 7(C). Could reasonably be expected to constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy
    • 7(D). Could reasonably be expected to disclose the identity of a confidential source
    • 7(E). Would disclose techniques and procedures for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions, or would disclose guidelines for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions if such disclosure could reasonably be expected to risk circumvention of the law
    • 7(F). Could reasonably be expected to endanger the life or physical safety of any individual
  • Exemption 8: Information that concerns the supervision of financial institutions.
  • Exemption 9: Geological information on wells.

https://www.foia.gov/faq.html

Okay. But are any of those criteria related to Byrne's request? The letter I saw to John Greenwald Jr. from the FBI saying they couldn't find a record of the testing was the result of an FOIA. And now we have this 40-year-after-the-fact response that is obviously trying to say that testing was in fact done. So we have a 1976 letter to Peter Byrne saying the testing will be done and a 1977 response saying the testing was done and the sample turned out to be deer hair. Here's the link to the documents: https://www.washingtonpost.com/context/fbi-s-bigfoot-records/c31f756b-0a4f-488f-a2e8-3c57445ff91b/?tid=a_inl_manual

Edited by hiflier

14 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Okay. But are any of those criteria related to Byrne's request?

I dont know who this byrne guy is but it sounds like he sent some samples to the fbi and the fbi, over 40 years later a FOIA is made it turns out to be from deer.  mayhaps, mayhaps not.

do you really trust any fedcoat agency to be transparent with these kindof things? 

Edited by RedHawk454

Today? Not so much. But apparently in the early to mid 70's it seemed more reasonable. My own emails to my own F&W did get responses along with a return phone call. I don't think these kinds of state agencies are totally non-touchable and 100% ignore their own residents. My F&W told me they would investigate a Bigfoot incident if there was enough evidence to support the investigation. People say agencies lie but the phone conversation was a little more than just trying to lie and get rid of me. It seemed more like respect went both ways. I think anyone who tried might just have the same experience and impression.

Since Bigfoot seems to be on a lot of minds because of the publicity garnering reality shows I would thing F&W would be expecting these kinds of inquiries and get them more often than most realize. In my case I was persistent on the existence question regardless of the usual boilerplate responses that I initially received so they knew I saw through the usual public appeasements and so wasn't going away to easily. I'm still considering taking things further with a visit.

Edited by hiflier

52 minutes ago, RedHawk454 said:

I dont know who this byrne guy is but it sounds like he sent some samples to the fbi and the fbi, over 40 years later a FOIA is made it turns out to be from deer.  mayhaps, mayhaps not.

do you really trust any fedcoat agency to be transparent with these kindof things? 

http://www.petercbyrne.com/greatsearches.html

That was actually a very evenly handled WAPO article, even referencing insider BF community terms like the "Four Horsemen of Sasquachery".  Laura Krantz got some more press and plugs for her podcast, even though she has not posted a new episode in months...

So the FBI solved the Sasquatch 

mystery. Deer. :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

3 hours ago, RedHawk454 said:

I dont know who this byrne guy is

I sure hope you are kidding.   John Green, Peter Byrne, Rene Dahinden, and Grover Krantz are famous as the "four horsemen of sasquatchery."   Peter is the only one still alive.   They were the forefront and faces of the first generation of modern bigfooting.   We wouldn't be here without their contributions.    Yeah, I sure hope you are kidding.

MIB  

Edited by MIB
typo
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MIB said:

I sure hope you are kidding.   John Green, Peter Byrne, Rene Dahinden, and Grover Krantz are famous as the "four horsemen of sasquatchery."   Peter is the only one still alive.   They were the forefront and faces of the first generation of modern bigfooting.   We wouldn't be here without their contributions.    Yeah, I sure hope you are kidding.

MIB  

The only two names I recognize are John Green and Rene Dahinden

2 hours ago, MIB said:

MIB  

The "four horseman of sasquatchery" have one common denominator: none of them saw a sasquatch.  I am not kidding.  And Peter Byrne did not find Yeti.   

• Upvote 1