LEO Bigfoot Footage?

hiflier

Here are a couple of photos I took in 2006 while visiting the New Orleans Zoo. I thought of these immediately when I first saw this video on the Sasquatch Chronicles site.

IMG_2693.thumb.JPG.a1bb5ce1749cbc3cea352b109610029c.JPG

IMG_2685.thumb.JPG.373037dbdb1abdc0d33384027bb9d4de.JPG

• Thanks 1

• gigantor featured this topic
On 6/15/2019 at 9:08 AM, hiflier said:

Mythical creatures don't build 7 x 3 foot nests out in the middle of nowhere by breaking off 1200 sq. yds. of huckleberry bushes. Humans? The e-DNA says so but given the location, situation, and apparent time frame that it would take "older" nests to decay does something mythical or Humanmake sense as a solution?  

Yes it does 

Human 

15 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Yes it does 

Human 

Modern human? Most modern humans are hanging out in the basement playing video games. Or stuck in traffic. I guess it could be a prank? But huckleberry bushes? Berry pickers pick huckleberries and try not to damage the plants. So they can come back next year.

Feral humans? Why build something without a roof? We know ancient hominids built and lived in nests. We also know we shared them with Gorillas. Why? Because human head lice is a very different species from human pubic lice. What species is human pubic lice most closely related too? Gorilla lice.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11330-pubic-lice-leapt-from-gorillas-to-early-humans/

But all archeological evidence of the Homo genus points to the fact that our genus hangs out in caves. Or constructs shelter with roofs. We evidently do not like getting rained on. And the Olympics recieve 100 plus inches per year. Wet clothes on wet skin is a good recipe for hypothermia. 

What do other great apes do? Gorillas? Orangs? Chimps?

What about North America? Is there any known large animals that make nests? Black bears? What about on the ground?

C0832DE3-BD0E-4A8F-8F48-C190F5D18E53.jpeg

B44F3C0D-0AF6-4704-B520-67A6F71CB6F9.jpeg

2C2A560C-66DD-45FF-817E-388FC3766FA8.jpeg

800D91FF-FD56-4B25-AF31-4058AE9F2E76.jpeg

3E45A878-17B1-4243-A1CB-B1C11B135A2F.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I agree with Hiflier. These nests were too much work as a prank. And likely may not have been found anyhow.

Again, human contamination cannot be ruled out. I flatly refuse to believe that Bigfoot DNA and Homo Sapien DNA are indistinguishable.

And the other logical possibility is that these are black bear nests. Did they get any bear DNA?

I have seen dens here.... but never nests. Tree or otherwise. But we do not get 100 plus inches of rain here either. Anything is better than laying on cold damp ground.

If Sasquatch is a real creature and is a member of our family tree? I think they would also make nests. I think the genus Homo at some point lost the ability to just lay on the ground in cold wet climates. We do not have a thick coat of hair. But if we need to? We generally have the ability to start a fire to warm ourselves. But in a down pour even that is unsatisfactory. We will seek shelter. A cave, a overhang, a thick boughed tree. Or we will make one. A teepee, wigwam, lean to......Winnebago.

Yes, Black Bear along with Humans, Elk, Deer, and everything else one would expect. The investigators reported no teeth marks neither on the twigs that were left standing nor the twigs that had been broken off and used in the nest construction however. It seems like every time I work out a potential solution one of the details blows things out of the water. For instance, three soil core samples taken from under three nests and there is Human DNA there. But Dr. Disotell said the samples were degraded from moisture and being frozen. Plus, they were taken a year and half before the testing could be performed. So I've had questions concerning how long a frozen DNA sample of soil remains viable- or reliable as a valid sample worth paying a $1,000 to have done.

It's fine points like that which keep the entire find and its results left full of holes. Logic will work just fine to get the right questions formed as long as there's someone on the other end of those questions who can answer them and clear things up.

5 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Yes it does 

Human 

The problem with Human is that the evidence at the site doesn't demonstrate normal bear OR Human behavior. How does one work toward a solution with that?

Edited by hiflier

This has to be a bear investigating a bird's nest for a meal. I hate to sound like Barack Obama, but that bear didn't build that.

4051BB3A-0F34-49FD-88F5-ADE2FC932667.jpeg

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, norseman said:

Modern human? Most modern humans are hanging out in the basement playing video games. Or stuck in traffic. I guess it could be a prank? But huckleberry bushes? Berry pickers pick huckleberries and try not to damage the plants. So they can come back next year.

Feral humans? Why build something without a roof? We know ancient hominids built and lived in nests. We also know we shared them with Gorillas. Why? Because human head lice is a very different species from human pubic lice. What species is human pubic lice most closely related too? Gorilla lice.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11330-pubic-lice-leapt-from-gorillas-to-early-humans/

But all archeological evidence of the Homo genus points to the fact that our genus hangs out in caves. Or constructs shelter with roofs. We evidently do not like getting rained on. And the Olympics recieve 100 plus inches per year. Wet clothes on wet skin is a good recipe for hypothermia. 

What do other great apes do? Gorillas? Orangs? Chimps?

What about North America? Is there any known large animals that make nests? Black bears? What about on the ground?

C0832DE3-BD0E-4A8F-8F48-C190F5D18E53.jpeg

B44F3C0D-0AF6-4704-B520-67A6F71CB6F9.jpeg

2C2A560C-66DD-45FF-817E-388FC3766FA8.jpeg

800D91FF-FD56-4B25-AF31-4058AE9F2E76.jpeg

3E45A878-17B1-4243-A1CB-B1C11B135A2F.jpeg

Feral human or bear. That depends on the DNA results. Prank human maybe. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

3 hours ago, Huntster said:

This has to be a bear investigating a bird's nest for a meal. I hate to sound like Barack Obama, but that bear didn't build that.

4051BB3A-0F34-49FD-88F5-ADE2FC932667.jpeg

I think maybe back east in hard woods they do? I saw numerous examples. Living in evergreens I’ve never seen that either. Do they take over bird nests? Or build them?

8D6964E0-A5A5-41E1-A6ED-CB01A66FF163.jpeg

50 minutes ago, norseman said:

I think maybe back east in hard woods they do? I saw numerous examples. Living in evergreens I’ve never seen that either. Do they take over bird nests? Or build them?

8D6964E0-A5A5-41E1-A6ED-CB01A66FF163.jpeg

I would be extremely surprised if they build nests in trees. Their beds in the den are pretty spartan, consisting of grasses. I could see them climbing up into an eagle nest, finding it appealing, and taking a nap.

18 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I would be extremely surprised if they build nests in trees. Their beds in the den are pretty spartan, consisting of grasses. I could see them climbing up into an eagle nest, finding it appealing, and taking a nap.

But I’ve seen eagle nests here? And some of those nests back there are dang big eagles!!! Dunno. We don’t have bushy, large branched, hard woods here that would support something like that.

Anybody from back east have any knowledge on bear nesting behavior out there?

The larger eagle neats I’ve seen here have been in cottonwood trees. I’ve seen nests larger than automobiles. I think those are very old nests that have been added to over the years.

3 minutes ago, hiflier said:

........Could be a good ice breaker for when I step into my F&W office with my computer.

Or maybe not:

”Hey, any of youse guys ever see a bear build a nest in a tree?”

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Norse, what amazes me is how many does I bring in with that fox pro call. They rush in too I'm thinking the coyotes are really hammering our deer herd here!!!!

• gigantor unfeatured this topic