The problem with Sasquatch

Lake County Bigfooot

When I came to this topic as a semi-interested person with extra time on my hands in the winter months, I read according to my fancy. It was really just fun to explore the topic. After reading Sasquatch, legend meets science, I realized that it actually might make sense for such a creature to be still lurking around in vastly forested areas of the PNW. Later after studying the vast library of BFRO reports I came to terms with the probability that if they do exist, their territory is larger than I previously thought, maybe even as large as occasionally frequenting an area like mine. Remove the winter and spring forward to summer, months after that fanciful reading and pondering of December and I am sitting in my den listening to something I thought at first was human, then later realized that would make no sense, then fast forward 8 days to the wee hours of the night and I hear that same creature saying whoooooop, then another with a much deeper voice responding with whooooop. Years of recording ensue... I get lots of very strange recordings with distinct tree knocking, strange moans, and seeming coyote imitations. Now fast forward to the present, several years without any of that stuff happening. It becomes less important when it is not invading your space. Somehow I wish it would venture back into my neck of the woods for a summer...that was actually quite stimulating to have that adrenaline rush in the morning when I heard the distinct wood knocking above the sound of the morning robins....

The problem with Sasquatch is...they can do what they want...when and where they want....I still sleep with my windows open because I somehow expect to hear that strange something again, even if I can never prove what that strange creature of the night is, or that it even really exists.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

So the problem with Sasquatch is that it’s unpredictable and shy.... like a cryptid. I concur!

Except I’ve never had anything thrown at me, or primate whoops, or tree knocking. So consider yourself lucky!

On 6/20/2019 at 10:55 PM, Lake County Bigfooot said:

Remove the winter and spring forward to summer, months after that fanciful reading and pondering of December and I am sitting in my den listening to something I thought at first was human, then later realized that would make no sense, then fast forward 8 days to the wee hours of the night and I hear that same creature saying whoooooop, then another with a much deeper voice responding with whooooop. Years of recording ensue... I get lots of very strange recordings with distinct tree knocking, strange moans, and seeming coyote imitations.

Could it not have been a fellow researcher? If it sounded like a coyote then it most likely is a coyote. No one has witnessed a bigfoot mimicking a coyote, so why would we think they do?

I am sure if I had not heard the whooops recording on Stan Courtneys website I would not have come to such a conclusion. If you have ever heard those they are are ethereal and have multiple tonalities in the single vocal. It is not something anyone would be able to produce or imitate without allot of vocal training, and I am sure they would not waste that much time to do this. The other fact is that this occurred at 3:50 am in the morning, and I just happened to have awoken anticipating my alarm to head to the golf course I worked at an hour away. The voices were definitely close enough to hear the nuances and not mistake anything. It is the greatest mystery I have encountered in natural observation over 55 years as an avid outdoorsman, and someone who has basically grown up in the woods and lakes. I cannot deny the uniqueness of that event, even though the years since 2013 have dulled my need to know what caused them. Some other instances when Coyotes went off and wood knocking would follow or precede. Or wood knocking then strange distant moaning. It was all pretty surreal on the digital recorder and hearing that stuff. It happened at all different times and days but always from roughly late June to Mid July, then again in October into November, predictably till about 2016. I bull rushed the marsh behind my house one morning after being frustrated with the wood knocking and wanting to see what was causing it for at least a 10 minute span or so that early morning. We suspect that a juvenile was the culprit as the behavior was like the thing was left to fend during the parents hunting forays.