What's Your Ride?

Guest Bigfoot Hunter

I have always thought that riding horses instead of cars was a big part of Patterson & Gimlin's success.

17x7

• Upvote 1

Admin

Horseback is the way to go squatching. No question.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, though I must say that I don't have horses, nor have I ever researched with them.  Horses do make noise, but it's a natural type of noise.  While it could be a horse, it could also be an elk or such.  Machines sound very unnatural in the woods and stand out against all the other sounds.  Horses sound just like the other animals until it got close enough to hear things like tack squeaking or rattling.

17x7

• Upvote 1

Elk seem downright curious about them and seem to not equate any danger to the situation. I've bumped Elk on horseback numerous times. And harvested a few that way too.

• 2 weeks later...

Planning a trip out West and am leaving in mid August for about two months on the road. My spouse have been tent campers all of our lives right up through last September. But this trip we thought setting up a camp and breaking it down daily of every other day would really cut into our time and energy so we decided that since we'll also be visiting big bear country a hard sided vehicle would suit us and our Golden Retriever the best. S we purchased a two year old travel trailer. We then found out that living on the coast of Maine had rotted out the ten-year old truck's tow hitch. With all the foreseen and unforeseen issues with that truck we decided to replace it. This is now our new road warrior rig and we are looking forward to going on this extended trip is some style. Yep, it's small but for lifelong tent campers it's a palace LOL This week I also added a rear cap on the truck with racks for the canoe. Can't wait to get outa Dodge:

Highflier's Rig.PNG

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Admin
On 7/9/2017 at 9:07 PM, 17x7 said:

A snorkel in DC.  That's funny.  I live in Uganda, Africa (where I drive a '93 LandCruiser Prado) and I don't even have a snorkel.

17x7

Not the Jeep with a snorkel, but a typical city Jeep that has never left the pavement...  check out the "fun color", safari roof rack, aerodynamic wing on the roof,  killer winch half-ass bolted onto the bumper and color matching, decorative  2" tube "roll-cage". It's all "style-n-profile" around here. Also notice, no woman... shoot, nobody with him.

He's giving me the "Jeep wave".  :lol:

jeep.jpg

• Upvote 1

JKs ... crawlin' malls since 2007!!    I hope you waved back .. just wonder .. how many fingers?

MIB

• Upvote 2

Admin

I didn't wave back, wouldn't have been gentlemanly like... . My wife was driving 'cause I had a couple of brewskies, of course she waved back and even smiled, chuckling because "he" had an automatic....

I had a 2003 jeep Rubicon in Indiana and sold it before moving to Florida. I thought I wouldn't need it here, after going into the Green Swamp I wish I had it back ! will have to look into getting an older one just for off road !

• 1 month later...
  • gigantor unlocked this topic