When family and friends have had sightings....

norseman

I quit drinkin' 19 years ago but it hasn't done a danged thing for my cussin' and swearin'. In fact, I think it's worse now than before. Ah well....nobody's perfect.

Hiflier and Hunster, I think you're both close to my age (older than dirt), and I believe we've earned the right to cuss and swear at idiots whenever we wish. I'm not prejudiced against any race or religion, but stupidity gets me worked up every time!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BC witness said:

.........I believe we've earned the right to cuss and swear at idiots whenever we wish.......

I shoulda' married you.

Admittedly, I've been an idiot many times during my life. But somehow getting cussed at during those times seemed acceptable to me as the idiot as well as everybody else. It seems as now the lunacy has to be accepted with smiles.

Maybe I'm slow. I just don't get it.

22 years without tobacco.

Drink like a fiend, good Kentucky sour-mash whiskey. Occasionally smoke green, leafy matter that contains no nicotine.

65, a few ticker problems I think associated with a multitude of use of mind-expanding chems 70s and 80s (hmm, maybe 90s, too.)

Otherwise, I'm a little angel.

Edited by Incorrigible1
  • Haha 2

Pack o sinners.   *I* have no vices.   <Trust me>.  :)   

I've been past the edge of alcohol poisoning.   Had a few substances used ... medicinally, prescribed, doctor's supervision, but still, the same stuff people see to use recreationally.   I simply do not "see things" unless they're there to be seen.   It might change how I perceive what I see but it doesn't create things that aren't there to see.    This leads me to believe that insanity does not disqualify a witness.   May take a little backwards dis-interpretation to reconstruct the raw observation.    The only thing that disqualifies a witness is a demonstrated, not merely assumed, propensity to lie.  

MIB

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Huntster said:

Appalachia?

Me, too, but.........my "maybe" experience was before I was a drinker. Now I drink and cuss because I've got good reasons to. 

At least I quit smoking.............

Yes, West Virginia. Sissonville area (outside of Charleston).

This would've probably been in the mid to late 40s, maybe early 50s? They were dirt poor, literally their floors were dirt when she (my grandmother) was growing up.

Edited: timing of sighting. Just an educated guess and she's gone now.

Edited by NatFoot

As is often noted, ethanol is not an hallucinogen.  That somebody was drinking when they witnessed something is only one factor to be considered, and the follow-up answer to the question, "How much?" is probably more important to know.

But yeah, I've been fortunate enough to solicit accounts of witnessed events from acquaintances and friends.  I am not shy about bringing up the subject with someone I know  has spent a lot of time in the outdoors, or lived in an area known for activity. On occasion they will let you know that what they are about to tell you they've not shared with many people, and don't volunteer to tell it unless asked directly.

I was sharing a ride on the marching band bus taking us to a football game with a fellow Band Equipment Dad just last year. We were getting to know each other, comparing places where we had lived, hobbies, etc.  He shared that he was from the Mid-Atlantic states, and spent as much time as he could in the outdoors, mainly hunting and fishing, so these things we had in common. So I asked. How I usually broach that is to volunteer that I'm interested in the topic, and wonder if they've ever had an experience in the woods they've always wondered about, or couldn't quite explain.  He had, and he couldn't.  What he told me was an experience in the Susquehanna watershed along the Chesapeake, a nighttime visitor to his family's camp, inexplicable activities, sheer terror...all told from the point of view of a  teenager who had no predetermined ideas about BF or their existence. In fact, I think our conversation was the first time he had ever really connected the dots about the whole episode.  I think he was relieved to know that I thought what he had encountered was a known phenomena and not just something his mind had concocted and time had reinforced. What I got out of it was a completely candid and spontaneous affirmation of conclusions I had drawn long ago.

A friend of mine recounts a series of tree knocks outside of her house at 2AM, near Stillwater MN a few years ago. Her mother heard them too. She investigated and the wood knocks retreated up the hill behind her house. About the same time a video was made on an Iphone nearby that made it to YT. Unfortunately, it was processed by FBFB but the actual footage looks pretty convincing (head down and front of shoulders, shin rise). A lot of you here know about my own experience so I won't recount it here.

I have no reason to doubt Rose on her experience. She also claims to have heard weird gibberish late at night while camped out on an island in the St. Croix river above the 'no power zone'. Rose otherwise has otherwise always struck me as pretty level-headed. After that experience at her house she became interested in BF and started collecting anecdotal stories from the immediate area. Since she also visits the Danbury WI area, she has some from that area too.

3 minutes ago, salubrious said:

A friend of mine recounts a series of tree knocks outside of her house at 2AM, near Stillwater MN a few years ago. Her mother heard them too. She investigated and the wood knocks retreated up the hill behind her house. About the same time a video was made on an Iphone nearby that made it to YT. Unfortunately, it was processed by FBFB but the actual footage looks pretty convincing (head down and front of shoulders, shin rise). A lot of you here know about my own experience so I won't recount it here.

I have no reason to doubt Rose on her experience. She also claims to have heard weird gibberish late at night while camped out on an island in the St. Croix river above the 'no power zone'. Rose otherwise has otherwise always struck me as pretty level-headed. After that experience at her house she became interested in BF and started collecting anecdotal stories from the immediate area. Since she also visits the Danbury WI area, she has some from that area too.

How can we find the video?

18 hours ago, Huntster said:

Appalachia?

Me, too, but.........my "maybe" experience was before I was a drinker. Now I drink and cuss because I've got good reasons to. 

At least I quit smoking.............

Good for you on the quitting smoking. 

I don't cuss and never have smoked. 

I do love me some cool red wine. 

10 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Good for you on the quitting smoking. 

I don't cuss and never have smoked. 

I do love me some cool red wine. 

I call BS on not cussing from someone who enjoys his wine as much as I do.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, NatFoot said:

I call BS on not cussing from someone who enjoys his wine as much as I do.

Lol. Just not my style. 

On 7/10/2019 at 1:56 PM, NatFoot said:

How can we find the video?

I've not found the original.

• Thanks 1