Sasquatch and Civic Duty

Show Me Bigfoot

2 hours ago, Show Me Bigfoot said:

If you were in Missouri you might have a chance.  Early Sunday morning Shane Carpenter (Ozark Mountain Sasquatch) walked within 7 feet of one in the dark.  He has an investigation site he calls the 400 and he and a couple members of his group spent the weekend on site.  They caught one on flir laying belly down popping its head up and down peeking from behind a big clump of grass and they guided Shane via the flir and voice command (in starlight) to the Squatch until he reached his comfort zone. 

As soon as he got there he hit it with the light, but its eyes glowed so bright he couldn't see the body through the grass.  It peeked its head to the left of the grass and Shane move the light with it, but it freaked and clacked his teeth at him.  About the same time another one (out of site) threw a rock at Shane.  He then decided to back off walking backwards a good ways before giving it his back!  They kept the flir on it the whole time and it did not leave or get up.  They left as soon as Shane was back in the side-by-side to give it space.  In another area years before he rushed one too quick and it shut down all activity.

There was also one or two back at their camp going through their stuff while they were gone.  They got that on the parabolic mic.  This was all captured on flir both him and the Squatches head moving up and down and will be on his second Documentary of the 400.  His first doc should be coming out soon.

As soon as he got back to Springfield he did an interview with Poorboys Paranormal Podcast (new channel).  Look on the "P" page of my site for the link.  The only problem Bukwas, doobies ain't legal in Missouri yet. :)

Look for Shane's links under "O", Ozark Mountain Sasquatch

Some mighty strange things happening in the Ozarks.  First Deliverance and now this.

From the size of the footprints, my guess would be it's a juvenile.

Edited by Arvedis

6 hours ago, Show Me Bigfoot said:

I totally get why the "Pro-Kill" camp justifies a dead specimen and have no argument for that.  However, no one touches on all the testimony confirming "those in power" have specimens (dead/alive) in their possession making it irrelevant to kill a Bigfoot; unless you discount that testimony. 

Its been discussed thoroughly on here before. Conspiracies and contingency plans. 

I personally think it might be because of the 411 missing and the government liability involved.

9 hours ago, Arvedis said:

Through the years, interacting with plenty of pro kill folks, they all say their goal is to have BF confirmed by science. It's so ironic that it takes Bigfoot to get people interested in education. I am certain that reasoning is just an excuse to get the mystery out of their head. If only these people understood the world of academics and how little BF means. As if it would be anything more than a trending news article or "viral" sensation. Then bleep, its 15 minutes of fame are up. But of course the proof of its existence solves a mystery for people, as if it's an important life mission.

The real reason pro kill bigmouths want a dead BF is for you. You want closure. It's all about your motives. When was the last time you were in a museum? Do you really think you know anything about science reading wikipedia and watching YouTube? The argument is laughable but I just play along because I enjoy watching the chase.

Your telling me a Bigfoot discovery would be a “hoohum moment” to science?🤣

Well thank God Im not Dennis Martins father.... and damn right I would want closure!

I go into museums and zoos every chance I get. So what? That doesnt make any difference. I called US Fish and Wildlife. I also have a letter from the Smithsonian. Them asking fer physical evidence is not rocket science.

13 minutes ago, norseman said:

Your telling me a Bigfoot discovery would be a “hoohum moment” to science?🤣

I absolutely believe that because most academics wouldn't want anything to do with it.  They wouldn't see it as a nobel prize thing. They wouldn't want it in their lab.  The bubble of bigfootery gives people the illusion that Bigfoot is a big deal but it doesn't mean anything to anyone else. Academics would rather receive their grant money and tenure not being associated with the subject.

But you'd get your scientific classification and museum taxidermy.

21 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

I absolutely believe that because most academics wouldn't want anything to do with it.  They wouldn't see it as a nobel prize thing. They wouldn't want it in their lab.  The bubble of bigfootery gives people the illusion that Bigfoot is a big deal but it doesn't mean anything to anyone else. Academics would rather receive their grant money and tenure not being associated with the subject.

It doesn’t mean anything to anyone else RIGHT NOW...... That’s because it’s a myth, a hoax.

If a BIPEDAL 800 lbs apeman showed up in North America? Not only would it be the story of the century? People would be freaked out to go out into the woods. And scientists would be falling all over the subject......

Yer talking crazy talk.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Arvedis said:

I disagree wholeheartedly. If one was brought to a slab, rubbing science's nose in it, the entire world would sit up and take notice.  Having said that, I hope one never makes it there.

If you don't think it would mean anything, ask a middle-30s couple if they'd go hiking in the woods with their 7-year old child knowing sasquatches DO exist in the woods. We all know the answer to that.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

I disagree wholeheartedly. If one was brought to a slab, rubbing science's nose in it, the entire world would sit up and take notice.  Having said that, I hope one never makes it there.

If you don't think it would mean anything, ask a middle-30s couple if they'd go hiking in the woods with their 7-year old child knowing sasquatches DO exist in the woods. We all know the answer to that.

I hope it doesn't come to that either but what makes anyone think science would feel foolish for denying BF exists, even if a carcass is produced?  It's a normal reaction to deny its existence.  Scientists like solving puzzles. If there was anything to be gained by BF research then they would support it. It's no secret, there's nothing scientific to work with. Meldrum is an anomaly.

As for hikers, nothing would change.  People are always conscious of wild animals and their kids.  If a genuine BF carcass turns out to be anything other than flesh and blood, then people will start worrying.

Edited by Arvedis

1 hour ago, Arvedis said:

As for hikers, nothing would change.  People are always conscious of wild animals and their kids.  If a genuine BF carcass turns out to be anything other than flesh and blood, then people will start worrying.

Agreed, I never understand the notion of people suddenly stopping their outdoor activities.  Bears, cougars, etc have proven to exist and be dangerous for all of mankind’s existence.   So far BF checks off none of those to date.  

The ivory-billed woodpecker discovery in Arkansas was in every newspaper in this country.  It would pale when compared to the discovery of an 800-lb, 8'+ human or near human.

I also disagree about hikers especially those who are fair-weathered, out-for-a-stroll types. No way they are going back into the deep, dark place where they now know King Kong really lives.  They'll exchange their mountain trail for a county, state or Federal park. 

I could see a short term scare when news is released but considering to date we have zero confirmed BF kills that fear would quickly diminish.  Like someone stated above, BF news would get its 15 mins of fame but  then fade away for the general public.   In the current age of  information we have short attention spans.

If something like this really happens I wonder if it would trigger more manhunts. In the old days, wildman sightings would lead to hunting parties to track it down. With more exposure, people who never gave BF any thought could get rattled and go out looking for something to kill.

The flip side to that might be resistance, people seeking to stop the hunters. It could get ugly. These days people look for confrontation. Look at what Portland has been going through.  If that happens in the woods, no way park rangers would be able to prevent violence.

On 7/13/2019 at 5:28 PM, Show Me Bigfoot said:

I think there is another thing we all can agree upon and that's the need to come together for the cause!  However, what is that cause?  I generalize its to officially recognize and protect the Bigfoot species, but is that what everyone else in this community is looking for?  .........

I have come to view those who want to protect something with immediate suspicion, especially if the thing to be protected is way more numerous than they should be (seagulls, for example) or the thing doesn't even exist (sasquatches and little green men, for example).

On 7/13/2019 at 6:51 PM, norseman said:

.........Science deals in physical evidence. Not plaster casts, stories, photos, video, etc.........

So why did we get put on the hook for $4.7 billion to buy the Hubble Telescope? 

Science deals with whatever toy they can convince somebody to buy for them, refuses to deal with things they don't want to bother with, and look down their noses at you when you ask them why.

On 7/14/2019 at 6:35 AM, Show Me Bigfoot said:

I personally don't believe a dead BF is going to help as I feel those in power have/had plenty of specimens..........

Then maybe the goal should be to find out who those people are, and why they are hiding the truth?

On 7/15/2019 at 8:59 AM, Arvedis said:

.........If only these people understood the world of academics and how little BF means. As if it would be anything more than a trending news article or "viral" sensation. Then bleep, its 15 minutes of fame are up........

If that was true, then the lie about global warming threatening the existence of polar bears (now more plentiful than any other time in the past century) would be dismissed by the public instead of being a cause celeb to tax the climate cooler.

On 7/15/2019 at 10:46 AM, guyzonthropus said:

...........It doesn't paint too pretty a picture of Bigfoot in captivity.....

Can you imagine what a bigfoot would do to your home?

On 7/15/2019 at 7:25 PM, norseman said:

........People would be freaked out to go out into the woods..........

That would be a really good thing in my opinion.