7/15/19 - Missing 2 year old - Michigan Campground

Firesteel

Saw this on the news today (obviously very sad and you can't but feel for the poor parents).
(its like a typical D. Paulides type report):

https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2019/07/15/2-year-old-michigan-girl-goes-missing-from-campgrounds/

I looked up the BFRO website to see what the sightings were like for that particular county (its Oscoda County).
At 10 sightings reported, its the highest county sighting for their entire Michigan data base  (its listed on the second column, 3/4 of the way down).

http://bfro.net/GDB/state_listing.asp?state=mi

• Upvote 1

Fingers crossed for a happy ending here. The warm weather increases the chances of that.  This may turn out to be a kind of "411" incident, but it would be too early to say. The time of day of the disappearance is not consistent with that pattern and the terrain is not described either. Given the location and time of year, berries might be involved though. My heart goes out to the parents and best thoughts for the safety of those searching for her.    

SSR Team

No Reports from that County (Oscoda) in the SSR for 13+ years in the summer.

Two bordering County's have had recent Reports however, with the latest from Alcona County being last year, and Ogemaw County being 2016.

Fingers crossed this little one is found safe and well soon enough.

SSR Team

Great news !

It is great news.  The report is she was found with her shoes and her bottom clothes missing. As the Paulides' research confirms, missing clothing, especially footwear, is one of the more puzzling aspects of these cases.  

Admin

When I read a headline like this, my stomach just sinks. Glad this turned out well, or at least relatively so for the time being... So happy she was found!

7 hours ago, WSA said:

It is great news.  The report is she was found with her shoes and her bottom clothes missing. As the Paulides' research confirms, missing clothing, especially footwear, is one of the more puzzling aspects of these cases.  

Police say she was found a quarter to a half mile west of the campsite she wandered away from. She reportedly walked up to a porch – people in the home knew she was missing and called police right away. Police say Gabriella has autism and doesn't respond to people the same way other 2-year-olds would

Also this

11 hours ago, 7.62 said:

Police say she was found a quarter to a half mile west of the campsite she wandered away from. She reportedly walked up to a porch – people in the home knew she was missing and called police right away. Police say Gabriella has autism and doesn't respond to people the same way other 2-year-olds would

Also this

Right….another "Paulides" factor here, possibly two. Children and adults with cognitive or motor function disabilities comprise a disproportionate number of missing persons, according to his research. The other possible factor is the person is found within an area that had been previously searched. I have to believe that the search had been extended to include an area within a quarter mile, in all directions., yet it could not locate the girl. I am not saying there are not plenty of alternative explanations as to why this is/was so. I'm only pointing out it quite possibly fits a larger pattern, well documented in his research, and which leads a reasonably curious person to wonder why this is so.