Jump to content

Does BF "bark"?


Recommended Posts

indiefoot

This occurred in rural Mississippi they are familiar with their neighbors. Their claim was that there should not have been any dogs in the area. There are some barks there that are pretty low for coyotes.

Dec168pm5h01m_clip01.wav

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
norseman
BFF Donor
1 hour ago, Incorrigible1 said:

How can anyone know whether there are dogs or not within several miles?

 

I guess that would depend on how far out into the woods you were, and if you knew anyone else was around.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
NatFoot
BFF Donor
11 minutes ago, norseman said:

 

I guess that would depend on how far out into the woods you were, and if you knew anyone else was around.

 

 

 

His point is valid. These are easy claims to make...but unless they had thermal up in the air, scoping several miles of territory - there is no way of knowing. Even if they did...still no way to know.

1 hour ago, Redbone said:

I do audio recording on a reservation. When I hear a bark I mostly assume it's canine, either dog or coyotes. I also have howls that I've dismissed because I know dogs are in the area. Some of my 'dog sounds' are deep in the woods, far from people. Mostly if I have one bark, I have many more before or after. Rez dogs don't bark only once.

 

That said, I also have heard an encounter account from the reservation where three people had a long encounter with an adult and juvenile bigfoot, and the juvenile was seen and heard making dog barking sounds.The juvenile followed them after they drove to a nearby house.

 

Besides dogs, foxes, and coyotes, raccoons can make some very strange and disturbing noises.

 

This is raccoons:  https://soundcloud.com/rezsr/060418-157am-angry-animal-exchange-new-editor

 

 

 

Anywhere we can read about their visual of an adult and juvenile and seeing the juvenile making the sounds?

 

Those are always very interesting to read (when they are doing something other than watching or retreating).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Redbone
BFF Donor
51 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Anywhere we can read about their visual of an adult and juvenile and seeing the juvenile making the sounds?

 

You can hear about it, starting at 10:58: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRwYfI_X7nE&t=658s

at 16:40 he talks about it barking like a dog.

 

If this video is new to you, my sighting story is in it, starting at 51:56: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3115&v=wRwYfI_X7nE

Link to post
Share on other sites
norseman
BFF Donor
1 hour ago, NatFoot said:

 

His point is valid. These are easy claims to make...but unless they had thermal up in the air, scoping several miles of territory - there is no way of knowing. Even if they did...still no way to know.

 

It is....... with the caveat that if I’m in the Selkirks and drive to the dead end of a FS logging road and saw no one? I can reasonably deduce I’m alone.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Catmandoo
BFF Donor
3 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

How can anyone know whether there are dogs or not within several miles?

 

Yell  "squirrel" really really loud.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Incorrigible1
BFF Donor

Rural Mississippi folks, like in my neck of the woods (cornhusker country), I've a tough time thinking there's not dogs around.

Just my take on things. Still, interesting recordings.

Edited by Incorrigible1
Link to post
Share on other sites
norseman
BFF Donor
32 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Rural Mississippi folks, like in my neck of the woods (cornhusker country), I've a tough time thinking there's not dogs around.

Just my take on things. Still, interesting recordings.

 

I agree. But north wind is in Oregon if I’m not mistaken?

Edited by norseman
Link to post
Share on other sites
Patterson-Gimlin
BFF Donor
6 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

How can anyone know whether there are dogs or not within several miles?

They can't. Lol 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Incorrigible1
BFF Donor
2 hours ago, norseman said:

 

I agree. But north wind is in Oregon if I’m not mistaken?

From IndieFoot: "This occurred in rural Mississippi they are familiar with their neighbors . Their claim was that there should not have been any dogs in the area. There are some barks there that are pretty low for coyotes."

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
MODERATOR
5 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

They can't. Lol 

 

Can't know in absolute terms but you can establish a very healthy improbability.   North Wind is indeed in Oregon.   Parts are not merely rural.    For instance, my current research area is about 12 miles from the nearest house, 4 miles from any roads, 2+ miles from any established trails.   Not only have I seen no people (or dogs), I have not found any sign of humans less than 30 years old.   Not so much as a boot track.     The only canine tracks I've found so far are those of a semi-resident wolf pack.  

 

MIB

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
bipedalist
BFF Patron

I figure if they can imitate owls, bird call medleys,  percussive drumbeats played once of an asymmetric bent, they can pretty much imitate a dog bark, wolf howl, coyote shriek, or anything else they set their mind too etc

 

Heck Stan Courtney had them imitating weedeaters or chainsaws and no lyre birds within the continent!   I have not heard of them imitating airhorns of semis or trains yet though?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
NatFoot
BFF Donor
19 minutes ago, MIB said:

 

Can't know in absolute terms but you can establish a very healthy improbability.   North Wind is indeed in Oregon.   Parts are not merely rural.    For instance, my current research area is about 12 miles from the nearest house, 4 miles from any roads, 2+ miles from any established trails.   Not only have I seen no people (or dogs), I have not found any sign of humans less than 30 years old.   Not so much as a boot track.     The only canine tracks I've found so far are those of a semi-resident wolf pack.  

 

MIB

 

You happy with the area from an activity standpoint?

Link to post
Share on other sites
MODERATOR
21 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

You happy with the area from an activity standpoint?

 

Yeah, pretty much.    Could be better, because it is a seasonal pass-through location, not a place they stay long term, and no opportunity that I can see for habituation, but for what it is, it's pretty good.   Occasional BF track finds as well as unidentified (maybe BF, maybe not) scat and vocalizations.    Some electrical / magnetic anomalies at times.   Its enough to keep the curiosity fires a-burnin'.    The only negative is remoteness .. with a new GF, I have new demands on my time, so breaking away 4 hours of driving and 6-8 hours of hiking off-trail is harder than it used to be.   She'll never be physically up to going.   Because of that, I'm trying to identify newer closer places, but it's not because this current one lacks activity.

 

MIB

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...