This Is Why We Can't Find A Body Here In Wa. State...

Guest TooRisky

Huntster, on 23 September 2010 - 02:21 PM, said:

It is my belief that sasquatches are rapidly approaching extinction in the United States. I suspect there are still remnant populations in Oregon, and that Washington is the last meaningful population, but it, too, is rapidly going extinct. I believe the last stronghold of these creatures is in British Columbia.

And southeast Alaska.

To some extent (especially the mainland and Prince of Wales Island), but three of the largest islands of Southeast Alaska are high density brown bear habitat, much like Kodiak Island. I don't think that would be ideal sasquatch habitat.

I too have a gut feeling they are probably on the way out. I don't have a gut feeling they are widespread and in almost every state.

I don't see why it's difficult to have the theory that there may be smoke somewhere but that there doesn't have to be a raging fire everywhere. Because not all of these reports are true it doesn't follow that none of them are true. A lot of skeptics seem to get stuck in the "you have to account for all the reports and sightings everywhere". No you don't.

I agree. The skeptics try to use false reports to kill the goose. It's a common and false talking point, and nothing more. Simple logic establishes otherwise.

Because the mods won't let me use the more appropriate word "denialist" instead of "skeptic".

Was this addressed in a different sub-forum? I suppose it depends on the context, but I don't see anything wrong with the term as long as it isn't used insultingly.

Thank you. I've been warned and chastised for it before on the old forum, likely when somebody cried about it. It seemed to be among the banned words, like "bleever" and "skoftic". Of course, I disagreed and protested (since denial/denialism/denialist are clearly defined English words), but I think it was enforced in order to keep people happy.

The way you were using the term in this thread is 100% ok. Clarity is a good thing.

Thanks for the clarification!

Guest TooRisky

Alex if you would... Please quote what you agree/disagree with, this makes it much easier to understand where we are going... Thanks bro...

Also love the comic relief Drew of the off the wall BS in your signature... Gotta say funny but so far from the truth, cause as you known BF does not exist.,There for the written word you have for your signature is so wrong and totally off in the shear basis of reality that you sir, either believe and deny, or you sir are like me and believe and just do not admit it to save the species... I think it is the latter... well done...

below is a good read... Drew does not believe but is a good joker, love the comedy relief Drew...

Drew says...ROFL.... yeah we know...

Bigfoot is: An Unclassified, hairy, bipedal, North American primate, known to lie down in roads, climb trees, throw pigs, eviscerate deer, rock cars, shake VW Beetles, steal beans from cans using screwdrivers (also stolen), lift infants and carry them on their back, swim (breaststroke), smell worse than skunks, abduct humans, rape humans, emit infrasound, bash trees, collect and eat mussels, yell, knock on trees, twist trees, have glowing eyes, exude calmness, exhibit aggressiveness, be gentle, walk on all fours, throw rocks and pine cones, howl, scream, climb trees (adolescents only), use tools and adornments, hide in open fields, rattle doorknobs, maul dogs, eat worms, shake tents, make noises louder than jet engines, bury their dead, speak (as a military noble from pre-industrial Japan), eat rodents and salmon, act inquisitively, live in clans, or alone, act nocturnally(mostly), be crepuscular, whistle, make noises imitating other animals, express emotions with facial displays, body posture, and pilo-erection, stalk people, make braids in horses' manes, treat snake bites, wrestle, wear clothes, bare-back ride horses, carry hunters, chase bicycles, cross roads, emit cries that can vibrate pants, compress your chest cavity, and push you, it wears skins, is shy, overturns jeeps, is bulletproof, is a 'fence-passer-througher', a 'fence-paser overer', is a salt-trader, is said to have an under-developed flight response mechanism, and yet, have exceptional flight response time, tackle feral hogs, perform sideways shuffling, is gluten sensitive, eats pig food, is vegetarian, is omnivorous, is carnivorous, is known to play catch, is known to be bedazzled by pinwheels, it's colors can be black, dark brown, brown, reddish-brown, tan, red, white or grey, and may also be: (not yet proven) Paranormal, shape-shifting, telepathic, invisible, inter-dimensional, UFO Traveling...

Edited by TooRisky

BF sightings in OKC have as much evidentiary support as those from other areas.

Actually, the credibility of a report depends on the area it is reported in, its size, the amount of food there, certain species,terrain, etc. Why do you think that California, Oregon, and Washington are the top 3 states in sightings, all with large amounts of forest?

To some extent (especially the mainland and Prince of Wales Island), but three of the largest islands of Southeast Alaska are high density brown bear habitat, much like Kodiak Island. I don't think that would be ideal sasquatch habitat.

Yeah thanks Huntster. I read that. It's a point to ponder.

I don't know what the brown bear density is in eastern BC/western Alberta in comparison but there are a fair few of them there and also sasquatch sightings too.

Edited by Kerchak

No, it doesn't. You're arguing apples and oranges, and I have no trouble getting numerous results when I Google images of 'dead gorilla' and 'gorilla skeleton'. You sure your internet is working? :lol:

RayG

I said Gigantopithecus bodies/skeletons, why can't we find them, yet we can find tiny dinosaurs that existed long before them?

Good for you, I wasn't and haven't been talking about fossils of something that went extinct 300,000 years ago, except to point out why that argument falls flat on it's face. I was addressing the other poor argument. The one where not finding fresh bigfoot meat in the Cascades is caused by the terrain, when in fact we can't find fresh bigfoot meat... well... anywhere. (you name it)

RayG

The one where not finding fresh bigfoot meat in the Cascades is caused by the terrain, when in fact we can't find fresh bigfoot meat... well... anywhere. (you name it)

RayG

Perhaps the truth is that sasquatch isn't 'anywhere' (i.e everywhere) and maybe the truth is that sasquatch is only 'somewhere'???

Perhaps the sasquatch mystery only has a chicken nugget of truth instead of being the entire KFC franchise???

You really don't have to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Guest rockinkt

rockinkt,

Do YOU know what musings and questions are?

Writing things like "I wonder just how many people go traipsing through that forest far from trails" would be a musing and writing things like "Can you hazard even a rough guess at how many humans you think were possibly in the area your camera viewfinder covered?" would be a question (please note the QUESTION MARK at the end).

You seem to be knowledgable so please, make a flying guess at the question I posed to Too Risky.

I didn't see you even attempt to bother to do that. Instead you reply "do you know how to use a compass".

??????? :o:O

Trying to act like a smarty pants isn't going to impress me.

The first point was that there was quite a bit of evidence of logging and road building in the video. That means there were - at one time - lots of people in that specific area.

The second point was that you kept on posting questions about getting off trails. That showed you did not have an understanding of how things were done - yet you tried to make a point that people did not get off trails much.

Call it what you want - musing or questions or sneaky attempts to make a point - it still needs to be dealt with.

I dealt with it by showing you did not know the basics so your musings, opinions, questions, - whatever you want to call them were not relevant and did not reflect the reality of the logged sites and logging roads.

Guest rockinkt

Basic knowledge?

And Too Risky, if I may, the answer to the question directed at you is, "On a typical day, no one." At least that same camera pan here in the Sierras would yield that answer. You spend enough time in the woods, and you realise that there aren't very many people that spend much time in the woods. :P

If a person does not have basic knowledge of how to navigate in the bush with a compass - then they do not understand how others have gone far off roads and trails and found their way home over the last few hundred years.

There are huge amounts of surveyed land in the US and Canada that was done by people on the ground using basic equipment. I started out using a compass and a chain. Now I use a hip-chain and GPS - but you still have to go in STRAIGHT lines - over and under everything that is in your path. Steep hills and rock slides and talus slopes - Whoopie!

I don't know how you do things in your neck of the woods norcalloger - but to plan, survey, cruise, build roads, log, check cruise, replant, and then maintain the regen until until free growth in blocks as large as that video shows takes quite a few people in the bush where I come from. :P:lol:

Edited by rockinkt

Perhaps the truth is that sasquatch isn't 'anywhere' (i.e everywhere) and maybe the truth is that sasquatch is only 'somewhere'???

Perhaps the sasquatch mystery only has a chicken nugget of truth instead of being the entire KFC franchise???

You really don't have to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

You hit the nail right on the head, in a humorous way too :D

Hello,

I am Mojo, Mojo of the mountains and co-founder of the Washington Sasquatch Research Team (WASRT). TooRisky is my research partner and I have accompanied him on countless expeditions in the Washington Cascades. I think he made a good point concerning the vastness of the forest here in our part of the country. Some folks who do not have the good fortune of living near such a beautiful and remote area cannot always appreciate the fact that these places still exist. Although we live in a modern world, able to reach out and touch anyone electronically, that doesn't change the fact that their are many places were a species can exist with little or no detection.

I was also with him when he had his second sighting, although we were separated by about a 1/4 mile. I wasn't fortunate enough to see the creature myself. I know him to be an honest man -- he saw what he saw, period.

Our team is preparing for the salmon run with a pretty impressive arsenal of equipment and lots of determination. We have studied the topography and did our homework in our research area. We know where they have been seen during previous salmon runs, and we will be ready. If luck be a lady, perhaps some photographic evidence.

We are not armchair researchers -- we have boots on the ground all the time, 12 months a year in all weather. This is what we do when we're not working to pay the bills or going to kids soccer games. I'm personally lucky to have a family that "tolerates" my constant treks into the mountains, even though I usually return without a story to tell. It's the nature of the game, an exercise in patience and determination. Not to mention, a heck of a good time. The shear beauty and fresh mountain air alone makes it well worth the time and effort.

As Risky said, we welcome with open arms anyone to accompany us in the field for some fun and research. We are down to earth guys and pretty good company.

Mojo....

p.s. "Mojo of the Mountains" is an inside joke between Risky and I...... something about me being from the suburbs... LOL.

www.wasrt.com

For those interested, we've put together a brief 10 minute clip of WASRT's 2009/2010 Years in Review. There was a lot of information to cram into a 10 minute video, but here it is.

Mojo

Co-Founder, Washington Sasquatch Research Team (WASRT)

www.wasrt.com