What do you think Bigfoot is?

Bigfoot Gumbo

BFF Patron

^^^ like maybe an autistic relict hominid?

11 hours ago, MIB said:

I think this is most likely correct.   Something so close to us that the DNA tests used for species identification mistakes it for us, contamination or slightly degraded.    That points to something much much closer than chimp.   

There are, however, some anomalies of behavior / apparent ability which should not be ignored.    There is something to the picture we don't understand yet.

MIB

^^ like maybe an autistic relict hominid with some speech capacity and the ability to 'light up the night' ?

Edited by bipedalist

I put about as much weight on this notion of Chris Noel's as I do on MK Davis' massacre theory.   It is too judgemental, too rooted in modern human assumptions.   The same result can, in my opinion, more logically be attributed to a more emotionally-motivated, less logically-constrained, group of "people."  That condition appears necessary/natural lacking codified laws and formal enforcement, more what you'd see of uber-primitive humans or even with humans in functionally lawless areas.  

So far as light up the night, if you mean light projecting from the eyes .. well, I haven't seen it myself.  I spent 1.5 hours Saturday night with "someone" :) wood-knocking about 30 feet from me, over 40 knocks total (about 10x the sum of all I'd ever heard before), and no light seen.  

What I meant, instead, was infrasound use, apparent night vision, and the apparent ability to detect very well hidden cameras and avoid them.

MIB

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Can't disagree on the infrasound, night vision and detective capacity.  I recently re-read Bindernagels Discovery book *highly recommended but pricey*

and he relates some deaf/mute sighting report that is interesting and parallels the "Norcal killer's" account of sasquatch behavior of young ones he shot putatively. 

I am not a fan boy of the autism theory but it holds some face-appeal for trend-setters obviously.  

Never had much return single woodknocks--congrats-- but some percussive learning of melodies returned to me over time which is telling me something of memory and long-term learning capacity.

Edited by bipedalist

The data says it is a species of Hominid. I think of them as more like feral humans, and whose behavior may present as ape-like.  By using that description, I mean "human" in the broadest possible sense of the word. It is not as if you could put one in a shirt and tie, give it a shave and have it deal pinochle without anyone noticing anything amiss. This species will stretch the boundary of what it means to be "human"...for me, it already has.  If I had to point to THE single obstacle for accepting just the mere idea of Sasaquatch, this would be it. When the student is ready, the teacher appears.  

It was weird.   Prior to Saturday I've heard 4 knocks that I identify .. total, ever.  

Where we camped was a dead end.   There's a lake on top of a high (800 foot) bluff.   To go past it you have to backtrack a quarter to half mile.    It either followed us or it was heading to the same place for some reason, not just passing through.     The knocks were not particularly loud but they all came from roughly 30 feet from where I was laying in my bivy.    Did not seem to be affected by the noise of me rolling over nor by the finger-snaps I tried to see if I could get a response.   (Maybe next time I'll clap?)   The knocks went on, in clusters, for just over an hour.    It ended in a vocalization.    The knocks and stuff were fine, comfortable.   Anticipating, but in a good way.   That vocalization was very creepy, ominous, and weird.   Not all that loud, just a little louder than the knocks, but the content ... yech.    Imagine a racoon "chuckle" overlaid by a huge number of clicks and "scratches", overlapping, with some rising and others falling at the same time.    Was .. unearthly.    Never heard approach or departure sounds, just began and ended.

I'd set up the audio recorder 100 yards or a little more outside camp to pick up vocalizations from the far side of the canyon.   I deliberately didn't put one in camp 'cause last time I did, all I picked up was us snoring.   That bit me in the butt this time, a recorder 20 yards out would have gotten some very cool stuff.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, WSA said:

The data says it is a species of Hominid. I think of them as more like feral humans, and whose behavior may present as ape-like.  By using that description, I mean "human" in the broadest possible sense of the word. It is not as if you could put one in a shirt and tie, give it a shave and have it deal pinochle without anyone noticing anything amiss. This species will stretch the boundary of what it means to be "human"...for me, it already has.  If I had to point to THE single obstacle for accepting just the mere idea of Sasaquatch, this would be it. When the student is ready, the teacher appears.  

Then it is not just an ape/relict human.

You guys cannot have your cake and eat it too.

If it can detect your readiness to see it, and then present itself....it ain't just a hominid ape/homo.

BFF Patron

MIB.    Did you think about talking to it?   That is my go to thing when I think one is close.    Have yet to get an answer but I think it conveys the message that you think they are intelligent and capable of conversation.     A calm voice on our end might be comforting for them to know we are not going to freak out and start shooting or something.   I do the same thing with deer and rabbits and it seems to work with most animals too.  

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bipedalist said:

I am not a fan boy of the autism theory but it holds some face-appeal for trend-setters obviously.  

You aren't saying Christopher Noel is a trend setter are you? He's not. Anyone can generate bad ideas and make books out of it if they have windbagging, prattling, some type of pseudo intellectual aspirations without anywhere else to go with it. It's sad.

Edited by Arvedis

BFF Patron

It seems to me that it is some branch of the human family tree that did not get it's fabrication gene turned on.    It seems incapable of the simple fabrications what direct human ancestors have been doing for the better part of a million years.   Without imagination,  fabrication, ever more complex tools,  humans might have gone extinct too.    We are a naked ape that cannot survive in a good part of the planet without fire, clothing we make, sharing space with predators that can easily kill us without weapons of defense. 

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 2

Many things to many people 

Spiritual being, flesh and blood, paranormal, folklore.

To me endless fascination. 

18 hours ago, Doug said:

Flesh and blood, with a little something else mixed in. I don't know what that something else is, just got the feeling there is more to it than what meets the eye.

Nothing more to it, its practicly us only its still intensely in tune with its suroundings where as humans have been un-tuned by pollution, drugs and disease down the millennia. 

4 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

MIB.    Did you think about talking to it?   That is my go to thing when I think one is close.    Have yet to get an answer but I think it conveys the message that you think they are intelligent and capable of conversation.     A calm voice on our end might be comforting for them to know we are not going to freak out and start shooting or something.   I do the same thing with deer and rabbits and it seems to work with most animals too.  

Interesting idea.   No.   Perhaps if I'd been up, dressed, with shoes on, etc., but approaching buck nekkid, in a sleeping bag, inside a mesh sack ... both trapped and exposed.    Baby steps.  Maybe next time.  :)

MIB

Flesh and Blood 100%.  How much great ape to Homo I have no idea, and I stood in front of one for 2 minutes.  It will have to wait until DNA testing...

BFF Patron

Well,   MIB,   if you were buck nekkid, at least it would have known you were not trying to hide anything :)   

Edited by SWWASAS

I think this answer is getting pretty close to the truth, although.....well, I don't know. Just another opinion to think about.

The part about BF starts where I marked it, if you don't want to listen to the whole video.