The Hunting Grounds

gigantor

Admin

huntinggrounds.jpg

The Hunting Grounds

2017,   1:31 minutes

Available on Amazon Prime Video

After losing their home following a devastating tragedy, a father and son are forced to move to an old family cabin. When two old friends arrive for a weekend of hunting, what begins as a bonding trip becomes an unimaginable nightmare. This trip deep into the forest will not find wild game, but does unearth a tribe of Sasquatch that are determined to protect their land.

--------------

The movie actually has a plot. It's a modern take on one of the classic Bigfoot stories (I won't spoil it). I like to watch these to see the quality of the costumes. Lets just say that they are not getting any better.  The movie starts slow but quickly picks up. It's worth 90 minutes if you're bored.

• Upvote 1

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 9/17/2019 at 9:50 PM, gigantor said:

huntinggrounds.jpg

The Hunting Grounds

2017,   1:31 minutes

Available on Amazon Prime Video

After losing their home following a devastating tragedy, a father and son are forced to move to an old family cabin. When two old friends arrive for a weekend of hunting, what begins as a bonding trip becomes an unimaginable nightmare. This trip deep into the forest will not find wild game, but does unearth a tribe of Sasquatch that are determined to protect their land.

--------------

The movie actually has a plot. It's a modern take on one of the classic Bigfoot stories (I won't spoil it). I like to watch these to see the quality of the costumes. Lets just say that they are not getting any better.  The movie starts slow but quickly picks up. It's worth 90 minutes if you're bored.

I bought this one from the UK before there was a USA version available, it's called "Valley of the Sasquatch" on the UK version, although filmed in the USA the only version available besides downloads was the UK dvd version for some reason.

I thought the beginning few minutes was real good then it got into trying to build the characters in the film so you feel sorry for them later!!  I liked "Big Legend" much better even though it's basically a Chick Flick for the first 20 minutes! lol

I liked Primal Rage, Exists and Lost Coast Tapes better also but it was worth the $7 ... it was $7 with free shipping from the UK, to watch the UK version you have to pull the files off the disc and burn them to a dvd as an MP4 then it plays in a USA Region 1 player! 

On 10/28/2019 at 5:19 PM, RedHawk454 said:

It was a good movie.  Nothing beats exist (2014) imo.

Yeah, I was surprised how good that one was... that's what they get messing around in the Big Thicket!! lol

On 10/28/2019 at 5:19 PM, RedHawk454 said:

It was a good movie.  Nothing beats exist (2014) imo.

This is a weird but good one... 

Since I can't post new topics in here, I'll put this Primal Rage Trailer here: 

Story behind this good Bigfoot movie is that the people involved in the movie were cursed for filming on Sacred Native American grounds, the young guy in it lost his leg during a break in filming and had to use an artificial leg to finish filming and 3 of the stars in the film have died since it was filmed in 2017 including the Sheriff and several freak accidents have happened to members of the set crew since the movie wrapped! Curse of Bigfoot strikes again or curse of Native Americans, who knows but good movie though!

On 10/31/2019 at 1:13 PM, SackScratch said:

Since I can't post new topics in here, I'll put this Primal Rage Trailer here: 

Story behind this good Bigfoot movie is that the people involved in the movie were cursed for filming on Sacred Native American grounds, the young guy in it lost his leg during a break in filming and had to use an artificial leg to finish filming and 3 of the stars in the film have died since it was filmed in 2017 including the Sheriff and several freak accidents have happened to members of the set crew since the movie wrapped! Curse of Bigfoot strikes again or curse of Native Americans, who knows but good movie though!

the Primal Rage Movie is Bigfoot vs Deliverance with "Predator" like carnage, great death scenes, gives a visual for what might have happened to some of those "Missing 411 the Hunted" victims for those of you that have not seen Primal Rage yet! Best Bigfoot movie since "Exists" imo.

On 10/28/2019 at 4:20 PM, SackScratch said:

I bought this one from the UK before there was a USA version available, it's called "Valley of the Sasquatch" on the UK version, although filmed in the USA the only version available besides downloads was the UK dvd version for some reason.

I thought the beginning few minutes was real good then it got into trying to build the characters in the film so you feel sorry for them later!!  I liked "Big Legend" much better even though it's basically a Chick Flick for the first 20 minutes! lol

I liked Primal Rage, Exists and Lost Coast Tapes better also but it was worth the $7 ... it was $7 with free shipping from the UK, to watch the UK version you have to pull the files off the disc and burn them to a dvd as an MP4 then it plays in a USA Region 1 player! 

Big Legend was fantastic.  It is my favorite Bigfoot movie by far. They made a lot of movie for what I am sure is a small budget.  It had a real Predator feel to it.

Eagerly awaiting the sequel that they set up in the end.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Big Legend was fantastic.  It is my favorite Bigfoot movie by far. They made a lot of movie for what I am sure is a small budget.  It had a real Predator feel to it.

In the Special Features of the "Primal Rage" movie they say the guy who worked on some of the Predator movies did the "Primal Rage" movie, guess that's why the Bigfoots in it resemble The Predator in some ways of their Hunting Tactics etc! 

Big Legend is still on the shelf at my local WalMart, been selling good for a couple years now!  Most movies get cycled out over time but not that one...  If it wasn't selling good they'd replaced it with something else!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SackScratch said:

In the Special Features of the "Primal Rage" movie they say the guy who worked on some of the Predator movies did the "Primal Rage" movie, guess that's why the Bigfoots in it resemble The Predator in some ways of their Hunting Tactics etc! 

Big Legend is still on the shelf at my local WalMart, been selling good for a couple years now!  Most movies get cycled out over time but not that one...  If it wasn't selling good they'd replaced it with something else! it's a great flick.  Check it out if you haven't already seen it.

On 10/28/2019 at 3:20 PM, SackScratch said:

I liked "Big Legend" much better even though it's basically a Chick Flick for the first 20 minutes! lol

Thanks for the recommendation. I found it on YouTube,  it's pretty good.

Toward the end, I wondered where I'd missed Lance Henriksen, but there he appeared.

Here's a link for those who wish to watch:

On 11/7/2019 at 11:53 AM, SackScratch said:

the Primal Rage Movie is Bigfoot vs Deliverance with "Predator" like carnage, great death scenes, gives a visual for what might have happened to some of those "Missing 411 the Hunted" victims for those of you that have not seen Primal Rage yet! Best Bigfoot movie since "Exists" imo.

Thanks for the recommendation on Exists. Watched it this morning - was definitely entertained.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2019 at 2:42 PM, NatFoot said:

Thanks for the recommendation on Exists. Watched it this morning - was definitely entertained.

I haven't watched Exists yet.  There are a ton of Bigfoot themed horror movies on Prime.  I usually get about 15 minutes into them before giving up.

I might try to check out Exists tonight.  I am fighting a cold, so I am not doing my usual weekend outings.  

• 1 year later...
On 11/13/2019 at 10:21 AM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

It’s my favorite as well.

• Upvote 1