Poll: Would You Donate for a Legal Defense Fund?

gigantor

Read the Hypothetical Scenario below Before Voting!  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Admin
5 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

It is probably an offshoot around or before Neanderthal in my thinking. 

I respect your conclusion, but I think it's just an ape.

I look at it this way. I have little to no skin in the game so far as obtaining a specimen. I have no intention of ever shooting one for any reason. Yes, science would probably prefer a darn good piece of a real creature to capitulate towards acknowledgement of the species, which probably means a full body, or obvious part, like a hand, foot or head. Obtaining it and presenting it in any manner is problematic. I am not interested in that dog and pony show at all. The ethical considerations seem to be six of one, and half a dozen of the other. There's as many pros as cons. 

However, if the obtainee was someone from here, I would donate what meager funds I could, because we should stand together and support one another, and show solidarity as a community, as researchers, the curious and experiencers.

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, bipedalist said:

........If one was found and it was proven that it was dead and not shot does not mean it wasn't hunted and killed.  If decay had set in and a post-mortem and toxicology could not be done that doesn't mean the specimen was not poisoned or otherwise killed in a planful way--call it hunting or what have you. .......

I came close to getting into legal trouble for picking up a dead otter that had been killed by wolves. I had photos of the scene and a trapping license in my possession, but otter season had ended two days before the wolves killed it. 

The legal side of things is simply unreasonable. I trust the legal system, all right.......to put a screwing to everybody it can, and just for kicks and grins.

https://bigfootforums.com/topic/44241-in-the-field/page/23/?tab=comments#comment-987272

23 hours ago, gigantor said:

If that were true, it would use tools.

Not necessarily.   

First, there has to be a need for the tool.    Some "critter" sufficiently adapted to its environment won't need to develop a tool.   Second, creation of tools requires investment of time and calories.   This has to have a pay-back via making obtaining replacement calories easier.     That is why WE make tools.    If sasquatch is as well adapted to the environment as they seem to be, what would the point of a tool be?  

Then we must remember that there are reports of sasquatch using tools.   Not complex tools.   Typically made of wood, not stone or metal, but tools none the less.   That means the tools, such as they are, are not likely to be preserved more than 15-20 years maximum exposed to the environment.    And, being simple / crude tools, they might not be noticed or understood to be tools even if found.    While we're being careful, we should consider some of the X-s, tipis, asterisks, whatever you want to call them.   Just because we don't understand the purpose doesn't make them a non-tool.  

What is important, then, is that WE DON'T KNOW.  

MIB

• Upvote 1

On 9/22/2019 at 11:16 AM, gigantor said:

I respect your conclusion, but I think it's just an ape.

Every other ape has been discovered in places more remote than North America, bigfoot hasn't. It more than just an ape. Or a damn lucky one. I suspect the former.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, starchunk said:

Every other ape has been discovered in places more remote than North America, bigfoot hasn't. It more than just an ape. Or a damn lucky one. I suspect the former.

This is what I have a hard time making sense of...if it's just an ape (like I used to believe).

On 9/22/2019 at 7:38 AM, 7.62 said:

I don't see how the person could be charged unless he hunts and kills one in Washington state or if the thing is 100% human .

They are not on the endangered species list or protected like birds or a closed or open season on them .

I think if they were to try and charge the person it would not stand . The biggest worry the person should have is the nuts that will try to destroy his life.

Why Washington state?

3 hours ago, MIB said:

Not necessarily.   

First, there has to be a need for the tool.    Some "critter" sufficiently adapted to its environment won't need to develop a tool.   Second, creation of tools requires investment of time and calories.   This has to have a pay-back via making obtaining replacement calories easier.     That is why WE make tools.    If sasquatch is as well adapted to the environment as they seem to be, what would the point of a tool be?  

Then we must remember that there are reports of sasquatch using tools.   Not complex tools.   Typically made of wood, not stone or metal, but tools none the less.   That means the tools, such as they are, are not likely to be preserved more than 15-20 years maximum exposed to the environment.    And, being simple / crude tools, they might not be noticed or understood to be tools even if found.    While we're being careful, we should consider some of the X-s, tipis, asterisks, whatever you want to call them.   Just because we don't understand the purpose doesn't make them a non-tool.  

What is important, then, is that WE DON'T KNOW.  

MIB

Yes, but we walk bipedally because we started manufacturing and using tools with our hands. EXCLUSIVELY. Our cousins the great apes use tools very limited and are still quadrupeds. They don’t need their hands enough to warrant becoming bipedal. So if Sasquatch truly is a biped as his tracks (no divergent big toe) and reported behavior seem to indicate? We are missing something here.

I have come to think that Sasquatch is neither a human or an ape. Albeit they are related to both. How they will be classified is anyone’s guess.

They may very well use fire and tools but hide it very well. But more likely they are a isolated bunch of archaic hominids cut off from the old world that is devolved back into an upright ape. Like the hobbit of Homo Naledi. A creature of various conflicting morphology and behaviors that seem to be dumped out from some spare parts bin. And does not fit the narrative of science. A freak, a outcast, a North American giant man ape.

I know this. I would never cross the dance floor and ask Patty out on a date. I would be calling the animal control board. She is bipedal, yes. But that’s where the similarities end in my book.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, norseman said:

I know this. I would never cross the dance floor and ask Patty out on a date.

You might not know what you'd be missing then ;) Unless it would be perhaps your arms? Something one would be keenly aware of if they weren't in the process of being beaten with them :O 

Edited by hiflier

23 hours ago, Huntster said:

I came close to getting into legal trouble for picking up a dead otter that had been killed by wolves. I had photos of the scene and a trapping license in my possession, but otter season had ended two days before the wolves killed it. 

The legal side of things is simply unreasonable. I trust the legal system, all right.......to put a screwing to everybody it can, and just for kicks and grins.

https://bigfootforums.com/topic/44241-in-the-field/page/23/?tab=comments#comment-987272

What is this, content I can’t see in the regular part of the forums?

Admin
1 hour ago, Wolfjewel said:

What is this, content I can’t see in the regular part of the forums?

It's in the Premium Section.

7 hours ago, norseman said:

Why Washington state?

I should have posted just Skamania County,

No Sasquatch Slaying in Washington

Skamania County, Washington, considers itself a Bigfoot refuge, and a 1984 ordinance states that killing this “endangered” ape-like creature can get you a year in jail, a $1,000 fine or both.

Unless this has changed ??

1 minute ago, 7.62 said:

I should have posted just Skamania County,

No Sasquatch Slaying in Washington

Skamania County, Washington, considers itself a Bigfoot refuge, and a 1984 ordinance states that killing this “endangered” ape-like creature can get you a year in jail, a $1,000 fine or both.

Unless this has changed ??

I knew about skamania county. Just not the state.

• gigantor unpinned this topic