Is the movie MOMO worth the $5 to rent ?

I bought the DVD and watched it last week. Was it worth it? Probably not. I'm a fan of of pretty much anything that Small Town Monsters does, however, this is different. Instead of a straight up documentary, it switches between documentary with interviews and dramatic reenactment stylized after a "B" or "cult" movie from the 70's. It makes for a long 81 minutes.

In comparison, I watched their documentary on the Boggy Creek Monster last night, which is pretty much all presented as a narrated documentary. It was only 6 minutes shorter but was entertaining right to the end.

If you're really into watching any and everything Sasquatch related at least once, sure, drop 5 bucks on it and decide for yourself. At least you're still supporting guys that produce otherwise excellent content.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my dvd copy a couple days ago, I have all their Documentaries, this one is different from the others as stated above.  I liked it just wish Cliff and Bobo were in it more, they're in the special features more than in the documentary... Before I seen it I thought it was really an old reel of a Cheezy Bigfoot movie they found but they did it all, I'd just seen the trailer to it beforehand.  I like to support them every time they release something new, was about $19.95 with first class shipping, I blow $20 all the time at Walmart on crappy movies I later wish I hadn't purchased!

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 10/28/2019 at 1:06 PM, SackScratch said:

I blow $20 all the time at Walmart on crappy movies I later wish I hadn't purchased!

I know you love your DVD collection but can I urge you to bring your ear buds and phone with you when you shop? You can at least look up the trailer before buying.

Momo is next up on my research list. Not sure I will watch this one in entirety but I am curious what makes the momo beast unique. Size maybe? Momo is supposed to be a smallish cryptid. 

Boggy Creek on the other hand seems boring. Just a family of foul cryptids stinking up a swamp. I'm hoping Momo has something else going on of interest.

Edited by Arvedis