I'm kind of a gun guy and was curious if all you guys carry a firearm in the field

9 hours ago, NCBFr said:

.......But great for anti-boyfriend work for my daughters.

It doesn't need to be fired if properly used for that duty. It merely needs to be displayed on the wall and commented on when he first picks her up for a date.

A friend of mine shakes the BF's hand...and leaves a bullet in the nervous kid's palm. Tells him the next one will be coming at a much higher speed, and walks off.

'Nuff said.

On 10/15/2019 at 3:15 PM, RedHawk454 said:

70455_Model-1895-Dark_Rifle_Right-Profile_3.png?itok=H7-WmE5D

prolly my next gun

Anytime i hear someone is looking for a new Marlin i give this spiel:

I know some folks don't care much about fit and finish but if you do, give a "JM" stamped "real" Marlin a look before you spend a grand on that Remlin. A very nice used 1895 GG can be had for around 450-500, pimp it out any way you like--extended mag tube, glove lever, peep sights, it'll still cost a bit less and you'll have a much nicer rifle. I've had a JM 444P and an 1895 GG, I've never picked up a new one that came close to their quality.

10 hours ago, Huntster said:

It doesn't need to be fired if properly used for that duty. It merely needs to be displayed on the wall and commented on when he first picks her up for a date.

Shoot the first one, the word will get around.

My daughters first boyfriend, who was a wonderful young guy, came to pick her up for the first time. Joking around, I offered to introduce him to my Remington 870 which got us both laughing, but my daughter was pissed off. Said she might want to get dates, and if the word spread that I was an asshole (too late by then), she'd never get any more dates.

You two are very awful with those boyfriends. That's what my shepherd is for when my daughters boyfriend come up to the door to pick them up. They see him and they think twice. Really do not need a gun with him around . The good thing is that their boyfriends are great people .But my shepherd Luke still give them a growl every so often to keep them inline.  My other shepherd Hanna does the same but stays low key. Luke seems to be more of a father figure with them which is strange since that should be my job. Loco dog I guess since he follows my wife everywhere. :) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

My daughters first boyfriend, who was a wonderful young guy, came to pick her up for the first time. Joking around, I offered to introduce him to my Remington 870 which got us both laughing, but my daughter was pissed off. Said she might want to get dates, and if the word spread that I was an asshole (too late by then), she'd never get any more dates.

Good job.  Counts as a win to me:}

47 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

You two are very awful with those boyfriends. That's what my shepherd is for when my daughters boyfriend come up to the door to pick them up. They see him and they think twice. Really do not need a gun with him around . The good thing is that their boyfriends are great people .But my shepherd Luke still give them a growl every so often to keep them inline.  My other shepherd Hanna does the same but stays low key. Luke seems to be more of a father figure with them which is strange since that should be my job. Loco dog I guess since he follows my wife everywhere. :) 

Lol, have you seen my pic.  As much as she growls, and she growls at everyone, she is the nice one.  Don't piss off my husky.  

Interarms was a large importer. They offered a promotion for those working behind gun counters: Sell 25 of their products (firearms), and receive free, one of their revolvers of your choice engraved with your name.

I chose the. 38 Special stainless Rossi model 88.

20190501_183123.jpg

20190501_182851.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Kiwakwe said:

Anytime i hear someone is looking for a new Marlin i give this spiel:

I know some folks don't care much about fit and finish but if you do, give a "JM" stamped "real" Marlin a look before you spend a grand on that Remlin. A very nice used 1895 GG can be had for around 450-500, pimp it out any way you like--extended mag tube, glove lever, peep sights, it'll still cost a bit less and you'll have a much nicer rifle. I've had a JM 444P and an 1895 GG, I've never picked up a new one that came close to their quality.

Theres nothing wrong with the older Marlins, but when buying a used 45-70 I have to make sure someone didn't fire FMJ's to clean out a lead fouled barrel.

The Henry's are nice too, but I dont like the fact that they refuse to use a loading gate.  

14 hours ago, Huntster said:

Thats the whole idea daughter!!!

• gigantor unfeatured this topic

Last year a guide in Wyoming carried his Glock 20 without a round chambered and he was was carrying his Glock 20 in his backpack.  He was guiding a man from Florida.  They got ambushed by a grizzly and the guide couldn’t reach his 20.  He couldn’t reach it in time and he didn’t have a round chambered.  It cost him his life.

its Wyoming.  There’s no reason to conceal carry a 20 about the person.  Just open carry that 20 in the strong side.

Edited by RedHawk454
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking for a leather holster for my Glock 20.  Something a bit more accessible than my kit bag for around camp.

I am looking at an Alaskan Hunter Hip Holster from Diamond D Custom Leather.  Any of you Glock guys have a recommendation for a solid leather hip holster?

On 11/14/2019 at 2:01 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I am looking for a leather holster for my Glock 20.  Something a bit more accessible than my kit bag for around camp.

I am looking at an Alaskan Hunter Hip Holster from Diamond D Custom Leather.  Any of you Glock guys have a recommendation for a solid leather hip holster?

theres. A few leather holsters for a 20 on midway USA if you use the holster finder tool