Bigfoot DNA

bipedalist

BFF Patron

Based on this recent human skeleton find, more insight into dna ripe areas for study in BF might be deduced if a fairly fresh body is not present.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/19/us/skeleton-found-mount-williamson.html

The petrous bone surrounding the inner ear in the temporal lobe of the skull is one, teeth are another, especially in cases of unique or old finds. 

I guess hair is in the mix when available.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0129102

This protective bone near the inner ear is news to me as a dna goldmine, learn something everyday

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

I've never yanked a tooth, but I did have one pulled a few months ago by a qualified, experienced dentist who had all the right tools at hand. It was real work, and it took him a while. 

I read of GIs taking the teeth of dead Japanese soldiers and civilians for the gold fillings, but their methods were rather crude and destructive; using their rifle butts as battering rams. You'd probably not get good samples that way, and later discussion would likely get you in as much trouble as the soldiers caught desecrating enemy bodies got into.

In much less time than my dentist pulled my tooth, I can decapitate a caribou, bear, or moose.......less than two minutes, and maybe less than one, if one starts timing when knife is in hand, I'm all ready to go, and I know I'm being timed. Removing a hand or foot would be even quicker, since an arm or leg is easier to manipulate than a head/torso.

I was party to the skinning of a coastal brown bear while under duress. I wasn't one of the skinners; I was one of the guards keeping the other bears at bay while the skinners worked. Seemed like a long process at the time, but I know that it was really the fastest bear skinning that has ever occurred since Jeremiah Johnson was put to the test skinning bears.......

• Upvote 1