Missing 411

OhioSquatch

2 hours ago, MIB said:

......I think it most likely than she was a modern human of sub saharan african descent, probably a child of escaped slave parents.........

......or the child of slaves who was intentionally dumped in the wilderness. As Twist put it, she was a human "with issues".......she was covered with hair. Either way, growing up in the wilderness did to her what is common with feral children; she essentially became an animal.

......... I think Zana is a dead end and useless distraction so far as bigfoot goes.   Wishful thinking but nope.    Interesting in her own right, interesting so far as our own modern human history, but of no purpose so far as proving anything about relict hominids.........

I think it's a bit more than that. While not likely a full explanation of the sasquatch phenomenon, her evolving story has convinced me that at least some of the extant hominid reports are, indeed, feral homo sapiens, and if the DNA science regarding Zana is accurate, her story actually proves that point.

• 1 month later...

Here is a video from the "Missing Enigma" channel on YouTube.   His very thorough work calls into questoin much of what David Paulides claims in his books and documentaries.   This guy is VERY respectful but he clearly shows that Paulides leaves out a TON of relevant data and that he also violates his own stated criteria for excluding certain cases due to drug and alcolhol use, fowl play, mental illness etc.

Here is one of his videos about the hunter that went missing in "The Crazies".  HIs much more thorough and honest presentation of the facts makes Paulides look like he is lying or incompetent.  I say this reluctantly as Paulides has made a deep impression on me and I am very sorry to see this kind of info presented debunking most of his stories.

Contrast this piece with Paulides account in Missing 411 The Hunted.

eep 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I think the missing 411's are a combination of cryptids who are taking people.

A few aliens here or there/portals here or there.

Bigfoot 

Dogman

Etc..

Add them all up and you have enough explanation for the unexplained.

• 2 months later...

On David Paulides' latest Missing 411 YouTube video, he goes over a missing climber story from 1972 in Mt. Jefferson.

At ~ 52 minutes in the link below, Paulides tells the story of Steve Stokeley (the 19 year old man who went missing after summiting Mt. Jefferson). 

Apparently, Steve was more aggressive and/or better trained than his 3 friends and wanted to climb the summit via a harder but faster route.  He made it to the top solo and before his 3 friends. 

According to Paulides, Steve was coming down from the summit and told his 3 friends (who were still climbing up) that he will meet them down in camp.

Steve never made it to camp and his body was never found.

What Paulides does not explain is that climbing Mt. Jefferson is not a piece of cake and is very dangerous (you need crampons, ice-ace, and rappelling skills).  

Below are links to a couple of videos of climbers summiting Mt. Jefferson and they show how difficult and dangerous that climb is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfrkes4HuT0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISFS0zAyCBE

After watching these 2 climbing videos, I concluded that that climb is treacherous and a bad move above the red saddle could lead to a fall to death (thousands of feed down).

Just this year, a guy fell to his death but his body was found 3 days later via helicopter search (see link below).

https://ktvz.com/news/accidents-crashes/2022/07/05/fallen-climbers-body-recovered-from-slopes-of-mount-jefferson-privately-funded-helicopter-helps-in-effort/

I don't think there is anything anomalous about this missing person case.  Mt. Jefferson has several glaciers north and east of the peak; and if Steve fell into one, it could take years to find his body.  Very sad story nonetheless.

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...
BFF Patron

Hyperthermia in those temps with that many living persons and a dog at the same time is more rare than being struck by lightning I should think. 

I can see where carrying a baby in closely confined body hugging apparatus could cause issues but you would think they would have to be jogging 

or running the trail to have that outcome without toxic exposure.  A down and back trail to the river could be very challenging but we are not talking 4000 ft of vertical or anything like that.  

Heart-breaking story for sure.  

• 4 weeks later...

Amazing story, and recent. Sasquatchery us even part of the story.

The researcher asks a very interesting question in the final analysis about the sheriff withholding information about her mental state:

How often does that happen?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

The researcher asks a very interesting question in the final analysis about the sheriff withholding information about her mental state:

This is where my family is from.

Very interesting story. We just had a similar case here in BC, at Golden Ears Park, about 20 km from my home. A 15 year old Chinese Canadian girl got separated from her small hiking group, on an established trail, and was missing for nearly 3 days. It was known that she had food and water, but several SAR groups searched on foot and with helicopters without finding any trace of her in very heavily forested and steep terrain. At dusk of the 3rd day she walked out of the forest into a parking lot, just as the search was ending for the day. There has been no report of how she was separated from her group, and no details of how she survived the descent of the mountain off-trail, just that she was in good health and suffered only a few scratches and bug bites.

I hiked and mt biked those trails several times over a 20 year period when I was younger and fitter, and getting off-trail in there would be very dangerous, even for an experienced adult.

9 hours ago, norseman said:

This is where my family is from.

Skykomish?

7 hours ago, BC witness said:

........several SAR groups searched on foot and with helicopters without finding any trace of her in very heavily forested and steep terrain.........

I watched another story of a hunter lost in Idaho. Helicopters flew the creek where is body and gear was found ten years later. Some kind of psychic had "dowsed" (a map? the area?), pretty much cited the spot where the man was eventually found, and said that he was still alive, but since he wasn't seen by air, searchers didn't go to the area. Another "dowser" predicted yet another area where he would be found, but he was way off.

How does one dowse a map?

5 hours ago, Huntster said:

I don't know but I knew a guy who'd "water witch" by map and he was reportedly surprisingly successful.  (Personally, I don't believe in dowsing, map or otherwise, but that's beside the point.)

MIB

16 hours ago, Huntster said:

I did not follow the event when it happened.  She is more than lucky to have survived for 9 days. Good time for berries and she had water.  Hypothermia creates a false sensation of being overheated and victims remove clothing to 'cool down'.

She was in an area with  a healthy black bear population. Add cougars.  Her scent would have been carried downstream if there was any windage. One could develop a fantastical theory that she had large, black haired 'guardian(s)' to keep predators away. Sometimes you wonder, especially with little kids who  get lost.

Odd that mom and dad bought her a car and the AAA coverage was unknown. GPS trackers are handy.

7 hours ago, Huntster said:

Skykomish?

I watched another story of a hunter lost in Idaho. Helicopters flew the creek where is body and gear was found ten years later. Some kind of psychic had "dowsed" (a map? the area?), pretty much cited the spot where the man was eventually found, and said that he was still alive, but since he wasn't seen by air, searchers didn't go to the area. Another "dowser" predicted yet another area where he would be found, but he was way off.

My great great grandfather Lou Robbers was the first Mayor of Index. But I had family all through that valley. My mom and aunt were raised in Gold Bar by their grandparents. My great grandfather ran a steam donkey in the woods. All the logs came out by rail back then.

My dad built a cabin at Mt. Index and was working in Everett. My mom was waitressing at a cafe along Hwy 2 and that’s how they met. I went to kindergarten in Snohomish. And then my dad fulfilled his dream of buying a ranch in NE Washington. 1 st grade was Kettle Falls.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 9 months later...
Admin

Just found this recently, even though it is a few years old.

https://www.strangeoutdoors.com/mysterious-stories-blog/jordan-grider

So tragic accident, unprepared camper, or something more sinister? Based on what I read, I do not think the wolves attacked him while he was still living.