Expedition Bigfoot

VAfooter

Admin

New BF show (eight part series) coming to the TRVL (Travel) Channel on 8 December. All I know about it is from what I saw of the commercials. It appears to be a high tech search using the latest in technology.

https://www.travelchannel.com/shows/expedition-bigfoot

https://deadline.com/2019/11/expedition-bigfoot-premiere-date-travel-channel-1202777023/

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/14/2019 at 8:27 PM, VAfooter said:

New BF show (eight part series) coming to the TRVL (Travel) Channel on 8 December. All I know about it is from what I saw of the commercials. It appears to be a high tech search using the latest in technology.

https://www.travelchannel.com/shows/expedition-bigfoot

https://deadline.com/2019/11/expedition-bigfoot-premiere-date-travel-channel-1202777023/

I just signed up for Hulu Live in order to watch this and some of the other cryptozoology themed shows on Travel Channel.  

Interested in seeing how this show is.

Admin

I suspect it will end up being like all of the other BF shows....oh so close, and in the end...nothing.....

48 minutes ago, VAfooter said:

I suspect it will end up being like all of the other BF shows....oh so close, and in the end...nothing.....

Well, sure, but the point of these shows isn't really to find Bigfoot.  If you want to find Bigfoot, you don't go tramping through the woods at night with a whole camera crew, in field producers and directors, and god know how many other people.  If you really want to find Bigfoot, you leave you cameras at home, open your mind, and go alone or with one or two other like minded people.  If this show finds anything solid at all it's just plain luck.  But, as I said, the point isn't really to find Bigfoot.  The point is to garner enough ratings from people watching to sell enough advertising to offset the cost of production and make a profit.  Just that and nothing more.  

I'm still looking forward to it though.  Loved the stories and recreations on Finding Bigfoot, so I hope this one has something similar.  If not, it should still be a fun 40 minutes each week (I DVR pretty much everything I watch nowadays).

• Like 1

I hope that Les Stroud does another season of Survivorman Bigfoot.  

One man who is comfortable in the woods, carrying his own equipment...

That's the way to do it.

• Like 1

BFF Patron

I caught the second segment of Expedition Bigfoot last night.     They still did not explain why RPG got sick but stated they were looking for a replacement.    They contacted Bob Gimlen and asked him for names to ask.      Dr Mayor did some call blasting with a bigfoot vocalization recording and got a couple of distant responses.    She said that she had done something similar in Africa with gorillas.    They hired some contractor to deploy a system of microphones to locate the source of responses.   The other guy went to his distant high camp and something had tripped his trip wire around his camp.   He could not find any footprints.     I really do not see much difference between them and Finding Bigfoot other than they have fewer people in the woods.    Each of the principals just had a cameraman with them in the field.   While it would be difficult to calculate,   it seems likely that the fewer people they have in the field the more likely they are to have contact.  But like Fnding Bigfoot they are using IR illuminators and cameras to get night video of the human characters.     If bigfoot can see IR they are giving their locations away.      Their field techniques are way to similar to Finding Bigfoot.     You expect Bobo or Cliff  to walk into a shot at any point.