Jeep camping in winter

norseman

Admin
4 hours ago, norseman said:

When we had the 4 door Rubicon I slept in it numerous times.

This is you...

20 minutes ago, norseman said:

A Blazer? Tell me more! Got pics?

Lol.  Old ones.  Nothing new.

My better half has a thing for the old ZR2s.  She is fitting this one up for her off road vehicle for those hard to reach places.  Just upgraded the tires and shocks and putting on new fender flares.

Getting the brush guard, winch, and cb next.  Not as swanky as a brand new vehicle, but it has character.

Screenshot_20191211-183039~2.png

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Lol.  Old ones.  Nothing new.

My better half has a thing for the old ZR2s.  She is fitting this one up for her off road vehicle for those hard to reach places.  Just upgraded the tires and shocks and putting on new fender flares.

Getting the brush guard, winch, and cb next.  Not as swanky as a brand new vehicle, but it has character.

Not gonna lie.... I had this in mind.

58 minutes ago, gigantor said:

This is you...

Maybe. A diesel is a step in the right direction. 

• Like 1

Love this string.  How do I download the video?  That has to be up The Oregon Bigfoot High Way.  I almost recognize some of the curves.  14 tent nights in 2019 down from 24 tent nights in 2018, most up the High Way.

Didn't want to mount a winch, so I bought a come-along and went to the industrial wire store in NW Portland.  They rigged me up with a couple of aircraft cables and a coupling if I needed length.  I only had to pull myself out once, but helped some other folks the most notable being both a small truck towing a boat that the driver somehow managed to get both in the ditch up near the headwaters of the Warm Springs River.  Had it for years in a box, then someone stole my handy winch and a bunch of other stuff out of my truck.  Need to replace it for next "season." 

Happy Holidays Everybody !

Oh, I have a friend in central Oregon that has had a Z2 for a long, long time.  He swears by it, and at it on occasion too. 

Edited by joebeelart
Added Z2 note.
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, joebeelart said:

Love this string.  How do I download the video?  That has to be up The Oregon Bigfoot High Way.  I almost recognize some of the curves.  14 tent nights in 2019 down from 24 tent nights in 2018, most up the High Way.

Didn't want to mount a winch, so I bought a come-along and went to the industrial wire store in NW Portland.  They rigged me up with a couple of aircraft cables and a coupling if I needed length.  I only had to pull myself out once, but helped some other folks the most notable being both a small truck towing a boat that the driver somehow managed to get both in the ditch up near the headwaters of the Warm Springs River.  Had it for years in a box, then someone stole my handy winch and a bunch of other stuff out of my truck.  Need to replace it for next "season." 

Happy Holidays Everybody !

Oh, I have a friend in central Oregon that has had a Z2 for a long, long time.  He swears by it, and at it on occasion too. 

Yes, Joe! I wondered where it was, and it's up in your neck of the woods! When I watched the video I thought of you, and wondered if you'd camped that area. What a view!

• Upvote 1

I'm guessing Norseman camped on the Road 4670 pull out very near the Tarzan Springs rock quarry.  That is about 8 miles up the hill from the Big Bottom Bridge.

Sunrise is to the Southeast over the upper Big Bottom basin.  The ending "Y" in the snow is on the west side of the Bottom about one mile from the Big Bottom bridge. 

Here's a question for the observant crowd who have watched the video.  At the "Y" is there a track in the snow straight ahead, or did it snow in the night, filling in Norseman's track going up the hill.  If it did snow in the night, did Norseman have to shovel when he got up in the morning?  Finally, something I missed.  Who is Norseman's photographer? 

1 hour ago, joebeelart said:

I'm guessing Norseman camped on the Road 4670 pull out very near the Tarzan Springs rock quarry.  That is about 8 miles up the hill from the Big Bottom Bridge.

Sunrise is to the Southeast over the upper Big Bottom basin.  The ending "Y" in the snow is on the west side of the Bottom about one mile from the Big Bottom bridge. 

Here's a question for the observant crowd who have watched the video.  At the "Y" is there a track in the snow straight ahead, or did it snow in the night, filling in Norseman's track going up the hill.  If it did snow in the night, did Norseman have to shovel when he got up in the morning?  Finally, something I missed.  Who is Norseman's photographer? 

Not me. Never been there. Just a video I thought was cool.