Armchair Bigfooter Wants to Hear Newbies’ Experiences

Wolfjewel

I'm sending positive vibes for a good, meaningful thread.

Wolfjewel, welcome to the premium section and thanks for supporting the forum, that way!

• Upvote 1

Admin
13 hours ago, NatFoot said:

Hopefully this one doesn't get locked.

As long as people don't start cussing, or making personal attacks, it will not be locked.

• Confused 1

#$%!&*$%*%#!!#$%

Sorry, haven't had my coffee yet. Thought this was the house repair forum. ;) 

Edited by hiflier

I just had to take my Jeep Grand Cherokee in to have a headlight replaced. It takes 2.5 hours of labor apparently.

Don't have time for that.

@Wolfjewel

Any new members who makes mention of an encounter in the Introductions thread should be directed here so that they can share their experiences without being picked apart.

18 hours ago, Wolfjewel said:

I admit I, Wolfjewel, am an armchair Bigfooter. One good thing an armchair philosopher can do, imho, is keep encouraging folks to

đź‘Ťlisten with care to all sides

đź‘Ťavoid labels

👍state your opinion or experience without fear of putdowns. When people use labels that pit “us against them,” that’s the surest way to guarantee both sides will learn nothing from each other.

As a BFF member since 2016, I’ve read plenty of mud-slinging posts in the past. Happily, the public part of the Forum recently got cleaned up (yay!) and violators of the decency code banned. (You can get around that in the Premium section which I’ve just joined, lol.)

In 2020 I’d like to invite all new members who wish to share a sighting or experience, to post as soon as possible. Since newbies can’t start a topic but only reply, I’ll ask frequently for their input to my query. Hopefully moderators will judge their sharings worthy. I’m so psyched to hear new voices!

Armchair researchers are great people who do great work in this field. I say this since a lot of us do not have the patients as they do to go through reports. They have always been the ones who have been able to get into the details of the reports .  They have been able to get the details of the creatures and the responses that the witnesses have given that some of us have not been able to catch. They are very detailed in information. Very helpful and full of knowledge that some of us may not gain in the field. They are of a different type of researcher that is always needed. Yes, so thank you for being a part of a large family that I am not sure if one really wants to be a part of it. I say this only because of the ridicule that comes in believing in this creature we call Sasquatch.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

WoW !  A down vote for being positive towards armchairs researchers. Well that's a new one for me. I'll take it .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

WoW !  A down vote for being positive towards armchairs researchers. Well that's a new one for me. I'll take it .

Lol.  Don't feel bad.  I made a comment about several members in one thread getting random down votes for pretty non-controversial statements.  Attributed it to holiday stress.  Immediately got something like 3 down votes myself.  

Not everyone can get out into the woods as well or as often as others.  They can still contribute if they approach it correctly.

Anyone bringing a positive contribution to the field/forum should be welcomed and encouraged.    They also should expect to not always agree with others.

Regarding up or down votes, I feel many here put way to much stock into meaningless internet points.   Don’t let them discourage you from posting. 

14 minutes ago, Twist said:

Anyone bringing a positive contribution to the field/forum should be welcomed and encouraged.    They also should expect to not always agree with others.

Regarding up or down votes, I feel many here put way to much stock into meaningless internet points.   Don’t let them discourage you from posting. 

Revealing who down and upvotes could be a positive step backwards.

14 minutes ago, Twist said:

Agreed.  

It's the Internet. Just laugh it off.  

• Upvote 1

I was a little surprised they took that feature away just because some people got upset about being downvoted.   I post what I believe, some agree and some do not.  They may choose to express their opposite opinion with a downvote or let it be known via a post.  Either way there is nothing wrong with disagreeing, adversity is good in an unknown field.   I can agree with a poster 100% in a topic about eye shine and then disagree with them 100% in regards to BF population.  Doesn't make them my best friend or my enemy in either situation.  It just shows we are two individuals forming differing or similar opinions on a shared subject.   The only certainty in BF is uncertainty at this point.  

• Upvote 1

If we are now debating the forums...can we please take the dang videos at the end of every page if we are going to lock the guys thread?