Do Colors Affect Them?

Tylo

Hello, again!  I am wondering if any of you have picked up on Sasquatch having a preference for certain colors?  I've notice that different YouTube researchers have come across the color blue somewhat frequently in unusual places (bags, plastic, cans, mylar balloons, etc.)  I also wonder (due to my habit of reading YT comments) if we are to stay away from wearing certain colors?  I remember reading that some people claimed you shouldn't wear bright colors like yellow?  : ) I get the idea of wearing camo and becoming one with the forest but has anyone picked up on how colors come into this? Do you suppose colors affect them?

Research on deer vision has been around for some time. The below link explains 'hunter orange'.  ATSKO/SNO-SEAL INC  sells laundry products for hunting. Exploring their website is interesting.  Best to buy camo that doesn't reflect UV if you are into that. 

http://www.atsko.com/how-game-animals-see-smell/

If you wear camo, you are perceived to be a hunter. Not necessarily there to shoot them but to take some of their food.

We don't know their color perception yet. Wear normal street clothes colors ( no blue, orange, purple or green hair ). Avoid the color green  The dyes used for humans to see 'green' can not compete with chlorophyll in nature. In WWII, color blind soldiers were used to spot enemy camo. How many trail cam housings are green?  The worst.  Hide / cover the green plastic.

Bright colors may make you appealing to flying insects: hornets, wasps, bees.

6 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

Research on deer vision has been around for some time. The below link explains 'hunter orange'.  ATSKO/SNO-SEAL INC  sells laundry products for hunting. Exploring their website is interesting.  Best to buy camo that doesn't reflect UV if you are into that. 

http://www.atsko.com/how-game-animals-see-smell/

If you wear camo, you are perceived to be a hunter. Not necessarily there to shoot them but to take some of their food.

We don't know their color perception yet. Wear normal street clothes colors ( no blue, orange, purple or green hair ). Avoid the color green  The dyes used for humans to see 'green' can not compete with chlorophyll in nature. In WWII, color blind soldiers were used to spot enemy camo. How many trail cam housings are green?  The worst.  Hide / cover the green plastic.

Bright colors may make you appealing to flying insects: hornets, wasps, bees.

Can you lay this out a little more clearly for the less informed? The why behind your statements would be awesome.

• Upvote 1

One of the camo companies, ASAT, has based their camo color and pattern on nature.  If green were the perfect color to blend into the forest, animals would have adapted and you'd see green hair. You don't. What do you see? Light tan , brown, and black. Deer disappear before your eyes. The same with a bengal tiger.  The light tan reflects  the colors around it while the brown and black patterns confuse the eye and break up the silhouette.

Here's the same ASAT suit in different environments. Note how the light tan looks almost green in the turkey pictures.

asat.JPG.b6d01026be1e33e4054a0528a637eaf2.JPGasat2.jpg.e61a5997fed6b64925aaed5c8738c0c1.jpgasat6.JPG.a189c37794b0eef84cfc10bfa3f3ebb0.JPGASAT4.JPG.2c636276ab89fdf25af49707e6800557.JPGasat.JPG.b6d01026be1e33e4054a0528a637eaf2.JPGASAT3.jpg.fb340668bb6278c015005eecd954b285.jpgasat6.JPG.a189c37794b0eef84cfc10bfa3f3ebb0.JPGasat2.jpg.e61a5997fed6b64925aaed5c8738c0c1.jpg

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, NatFoot said:

Can you lay this out a little more clearly for the less informed? The why behind your statements would be awesome.

Which line items?

The blue, orange, purple or green hair is a bad idea unless you are going into the Blue Oyster Bar.

Chlorophyll absorbs violet-blue and orange-red light and reflects green-yellow.   The color of daylight depends on the position of the sun in the sky.  Solar noon is the shortest distance for sunlight to hit our respective locations. Shortest distance translates to less light scattering from distance traveled and airborne particles. Sunrise and sunset are the longest distances traveled by sunlight. More distance related scattering and a lot more airborne particles to change the color of light. The shorter wavelengths get scattered.   Chlorophyll reflects light differently  at sunrise and sunset. Human created dyes can not duplicate the response of chlorophyll.  I can't think of any green mammals.

Animal coloration has evolved over a long time.  Ever wonder about 'Tony the Tiger'?  Zebras?

The volcano that is currently active in the Philippines should produce some nice sunrise / sunset images. All the normal stuff is being blown into the atmosphere: dust, pebbles, smoke and sulfuric acid droplets.

I wear orange and red to draw in hummingbirds.  I have not had any problems with bright colors and flying insects. Hornets, wasps and bees may perceive  the bright colors as flowers. Regional differences interacting with flying insects will occur. Don't let them try to pollinate with you.............stick to your own species.