The Ketchum Report

^^^^^

(Groan)

Well...I guess "The wheels of justice turn slowly" is much better than "A black helicopter landed in front of the office and they took all the samples and papers!"

Guest slimwitless

That's good to hear. Why would someone post something like that? There's nothing to suggest he was just passing on a rumor. Add "a few grains of salt", "FWIW" or "just my two cents" please.

Edited by slimwitless

Guest ToTheBatCave

This could be terrible news.

If you notice, the post in this link was from 2010. Hopefully something was resolved when Ketchum and Erickson parted ways.

Guest parnassus

Having read the facebook posts, I'd have to say that the information being put out there on scientific journals and their processes, etc. is not reliable. I endorse the information that Saskeptic has provided. Secondly, it seems apparent from those posts that "the paper" has not been accepted for publication, so the people who are looking forward to Thursday afternoon headlines...don't hold your breath. I have always thought, and still do, that Ketchum's work will eventually be published.

p.

Guest slimwitless

If you notice, the post in this link was from 2010. Hopefully something was resolved when Ketchum and Erickson parted ways.

Actually, that's the poster's sign-up date for that forum. The actual date of the post was February 23rd, 2012.

BTW, the rumor has been denied by Sally Ramey.

Guest exnihilo

Saskeptic, at one point I intended to call you to the carpet with an exhaustive recounting of your unobtrusive dissembling and genial mendacity. I later abandoned the effort on the theory that every man has one blindness or another, and who am I to dwell on the mote that clouds your vision, when I have my own blinding beams no doubt.

Besides, you are relatively affable as far as skeptics go, that is as long as one is not offended by your callous and patronizing attitude towards witnesses - if one believes that fairly represents the pat theorem that all eyewitnesses are either mistaken, untruthful, or delusional. Yet this extreme cynicism is paradoxically combined with an unshakeable faith in the institutions of science - institutions which are manned by these same human beings you find so entirely fallible. Perhaps the marble halls of the academy work some wondrous alchemy on human nature.

So feel free to lavish me with more pedantry - or accusations of pedantry. Be my guest. I'll content myself with the irony.

• Upvote 1