The Ketchum Report

BFF Patron

Is Robert Lindsay's blog even available any more?

:keeporder:

Guest OntarioSquatch

One reason I would really like for this study to get published is if protection is ever put in place, the departments of fish and game will have no choice but to eventually help hunters with visual identification of Bigfoot. It'll prevent any more incidents like the shootings by JS. People will also discover the true nature of North American forests. Whether you choose to believe it or not, there are innocent people kidnapped and killed by Bigfoot (yes, Bigfoot) every single year. Right now this is hard to grasp though because most don't even believe they exist.

Guest Shaun

ooOOOooo - Kidnap and murder by Sasquatch? There's an interesting topic Ontario. Is there a thread on it we could pick up? If not it's definitely worth starting one.

Of all the anecdotal evidence out there, I've never ever heard about Sasquatch ever hurting a person. Even in the famous kidnapping story (Ostman), there was no indication of any physical abuse.

To the extent that squatch do hurt people, I would suggest that in the vast majority of cases any victims would not be around to tell the tale.

The fact is that there are many disappearances in wilderness areas annually and most of those can probably be attributed to human bad actors or human error. But there are some that suggest something else based on circumstantial evidence.

When bigfoot is proven to exist, the public revelation, coupled with the unexplained disappearances will inevitably lead to questions regarding the culpability of squatch.

Brutality is an aspect of our species. It is also an aspect of most other primates. An emerging near human species will be viewed with all of the suspicion that we generally reserve for other humans.

"One reason I would really like for this study to get published is if protection is ever put in place, the departments of fish and game will have no choice but to eventually help hunters with visual identification of Bigfoot. It'll prevent any more incidents like the shootings by JS. People will also discover the true nature of North American forests. Whether you choose to believe it or not, there are innocent people kidnapped and killed by Bigfoot (yes, Bigfoot) every single year. Right now this is hard to grasp though because most don't even believe they exist. "

To help hunters with visual identification of Bigfoot . There is no mistake when you see these creatures so I see no way how this will ever help. I can see how safety will play a great part on us humans when discovery does occur. The way we look at our forest now will never be the same after discovery is made. It will no longer be a public domain and if it is discovered that these creatures are responsible for thousands of lost souls in our forest. Well what do we think will happen next?

Guest BFSleuth

I think that simply having awareness that they do exist will go a long way toward helping hunters make identification and not shoot. Go look up the hunting forum thread we have here and note the hunters with sighting reports of really weird bears that walk on two legs and carry my deer off in its... front paws....!!!??? Getting cognitive dissonance out of the equation will be a big help. Next time a hunter has a BF in his scope he can say, "Hey that's a BF! Don't shoot!... but really really cool!"

ooOOOooo - Kidnap and murder by Sasquatch? There's an interesting topic Ontario. Is there a thread on it we could pick up? If not it's definitely worth starting one.

Paulides just released two books on this topic and we have a thread discussing it in the Media forum - Missing 411.

Brutality is an aspect of our species. It is also an aspect of most other primates. An emerging near human species will be viewed with all of the suspicion that we generally reserve for other humans.

The suspicion of BF will be amplified when the public becomes aware they are apex predators that are smarter than we are in their environment, and bigger, faster, and stronger.

I think this is why Ketchum is trying to set up a web site in advance of release to field questions and try to tone down some of the expected media based hysteria.

I've said before that they are the ultimate lurkers. And they're not just confined to the wilderness. They inhabit rural America and they are sighted with regular frequency in what we would normally call suburban developments.

As BFSleuth says, they are apex predators, and thier stealthy behavior mirrors that of ambush predators.

People will not be sanguine about either their behavior, that they are monstrous in aspect (face it, the scariest monsters are perversions of the human form), or the fact that they have remained active, yet unknown, for generations. I can think of several monster movies based solely on these three elements.

• Upvote 1

Guest Particle Noun

When the first case of a murder or disappearance is directly tied to a Bigfoot, there is a real danger of a hyperbolic reaction. I think you are right JDL. People will view them as monstrous, because they are so like humans. Face it, bears, mountain lions, etc...all of these things are responsible for numerous deaths and disappearances over the years, and yes people do have fear of them, but I think the fear of bigfoot would far outstrip the fear we have of these other natural predators.

There will be a balancing factor, which is the shot-of-wonder involved in proving the existence of something so seemingly fabulistic in the modern era. If that angle is played hard enough at the start (and I agree that this seems to be one of the goals of the Ketchum camp), then it may be enough to counterbalance the natural fear people might have.

For children, camping in the woods will never be the same! :)

Guest OntarioSquatch

When the first case of a murder or disappearance is directly tied to a Bigfoot, there is a real danger of a hyperbolic reaction. I think you are right JDL. People will view them as monstrous, because they are so like humans. Face it, bears, mountain lions, etc...all of these things are responsible for numerous deaths and disappearances over the years, and yes people do have fear of them, but I think the fear of bigfoot would far outstrip the fear we have of these other natural predators.

There will be a balancing factor, which is the shot-of-wonder involved in proving the existence of something so seemingly fabulistic in the modern era. If that angle is played hard enough at the start (and I agree that this seems to be one of the goals of the Ketchum camp), then it may be enough to counterbalance the natural fear people might have.

For children, camping in the woods will never be the same! :)

Missing children cases in forests always involves the parent taking their eyes off their kids. The parent never witnesses the child getting abducted. They normally figure it was likely an abduction after weeks of search and rescue efforts.

Guest Particle Noun

True, but just as we might *finally* have proof that bigfoot is in the woods, the idea that a bigfoot might be responsible for an abduction will suddenly be on the table, and requisite evidence, which previously would in no way have been allowed to officially be tagged to bigfoot, might be found.

But who knows. It will be a fascinating aspect of this to watch, and one I hope doesn't spiral down into a monster-hunt.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Yeah, I think the next step would be having the option on the table. People will figure it out from there. I can totally see park services losing revenue if the truth ever gets out.