The Ketchum Report

Guest BFSleuth

SS, have you ever in your life signed an NDA? Those of us that have find your line of thinking rather humorous.

"Hey everybody! I signed an NDA!" :D:D:D:D

If you read a typical NDA, the concept of disclosure of the fact that you even signed it is material for violation of the agreement. Get a clue.

Yet that's what we hear on this forum. People claim to have submitted samples to Ketchum, but can't talk about it because of nda's. So what is it, are the people who submitted samples under a nda agreement or not? They claim to be please explain

Guest BFSleuth

I think if you care to read back through this thread you will find a few members have acknowledged they are under NDA's and have submitted samples. That's about as far as you are going to get with that line of questioning prior to their release from the NDA's, which would happen after publication.

Yawwwwwwwwnnn......hey folks. We still waiting for this? I have all but given up on Bigfoot bring proven by this or any other group. I'm currently in transition to either the Jersey Devil or Chupacabra being my next best hope. Still teetering.

but you just said they couldn't say they were hindered by a nda. Please explain.

The NDA says we can't give details about the findings, and that we can only know what the current overall results are. We can say we have samples in the study, and have signed the NDA. Several people here have apparently. I don't see that showing someone the NDA would benefit the study in any way,so there you have it.

• Upvote 1

So apparently the peer review committee has approved the report, and now the report is in route to be published (of course we're suppose to believe all that as there's no statement or proof either stage(s) have or are going on, sorry.. side rant), when would the NDA no longer need to be honored or expires? When can those who submitted samples talk?

So it would violate the NDA to show someone the NDA? Can you be more specific? Is there a lawyer? I am after details here and keep getting general answers. Are the NDA's notarized?

Would it also violate the NDA to offer the sample submitters a different avenue of testing? Let me guess there is a non compete clause you signed as well but can't show?

Edited by Woodswalker

He has already stated that he is not expressly forbidden from showing the NDA but that in his eyes it would do no good.

Without knowing my motivation how would anyone know what good it would do? There are several very important reasons for me to want to see the NDA documents.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I think there have been at least two different NDA's from Dr. Ketchum so far. I assume a lot of people have signed them up until now. Maybe one of the sample submitters would be willing to share it, but like SY said, what good will it do the study?

SS, have you ever in your life signed an NDA? Those of us that have find your line of thinking rather humorous.

"Hey everybody! I signed an NDA!" :D:D:D:D

If you read a typical NDA, the concept of disclosure of the fact that you even signed it is material for violation of the agreement. Get a clue.

I think if you care to read back through this thread you will find a few members have acknowledged they are under NDA's and have submitted samples. That's about as far as you are going to get with that line of questioning prior to their release from the NDA's, which would happen after publication.

So then they are already in violation of their NDA then...

Sorry Sleuth, I'm not trying to play "gotcha", but if what you said about not even being able to talk about the NDA is true, then that's the only way to reconcile those two statements.

Yawwwwwwwwnnn......hey folks. We still waiting for this? I have all but given up on Bigfoot bring proven by this or any other group. I'm currently in transition to either the Jersey Devil or Chupacabra being my next best hope. Still teetering.

I've certainly given up on Ketchum getting anything out any time soon. If there is going to be documentation of BF within the next 3-6 months, it will be Sykes/Satori that gets it done, IMO.

Mind you if Ketchum does manage to pull it together and get it out before then I will be very happy to be proven wrong.

So it would violate the NDA to show someone the NDA? Can you be more specific? Is there a lawyer? I am after details here and keep getting general answers. Are the NDA's notarized?

Would it also violate the NDA to offer the sample submitters a different avenue of testing? Let me guess there is a non compete clause you signed as well but can't show?

Woodswalker, the submitters are not bound to one study, they can submit to others, so you don't need Dr. Ketchums NDA to start your own. Some submitters may be loyal to Dr. Ketchum because she was bold enough to sart this first, and has made the most headway. Dr. Ketchum owns the rights to the results of the samples submitted, but not samples that remain with submitters. If you want samples for a study, you would need to put your pitch together and describe the type of testing you would do, costs involved , and how you would present your results. The bar is high, and submitters are more educated about what it takes to make the results stick.