The Ketchum Report

Guest spurfoot

Let's apply Occam's razor to the situation: the simplest explanation is the most probable. We know Sykes is investigating the DNA by an independent method. His results are a little behind schedule. Those results must themselves be reviewed and if published as a companion paper to Ketchum, a publication slot for both must be arranged. Some more delay can be expected. Probably not a great deal we hope.

So, why all the extraordinary cross-checking of Ketchum's results ? It is obvious. This is not ordinary subject matter. It is a social earthquake from the perspective of some people.

Edited by spurfoot

Guest VioletX

Let's apply Occam's razor to the situation: the simplest explanation is the most probable. We know Sykes is investigating the DNA by an independent method. His results are a little behind schedule. Those results must themselves be reviewed and if published as a companion paper to Ketchum, a publication slot for both must be arranged. Some more delay can be expected. Probably not a great deal we hope.

So, why all the extraordinary cross-checking of Ketchum's results ? It is obvious. This is not ordinary subject matter. It is a social earthquake from the perspective of some people.

From what I have heard the Skyes and Ketchum studies are completely independent from each other.

I had thought that this paper would cause a bit of an earthquake, but I don't know about anyone else here, no one I know IRL knows about it, or is talking about it. Dead silence or indifference.

Could it be that not many will really care if Bigfoot are proven to exist?

Maybe in academia and science we will see interest, or maybe the interest will slowly trickle into other populations. It could be that many just cannot accept it without baby steps of immersion.

Edited by VioletX

Oh Lord, I can't breath I'm laughing so hard....LOLOLOLOL :haha:

Actually this reminds me of the chaos that ensues in some familes ( bigfoot community) at a funeral (The Ketchum Thread) grieving for the departed ( suspected bigfoot body parts).

Impatience can be our own worst enemy.

Patience has nothing to do with it. Without anything materializing it's the public concluding over the etiology of it that most of us have a problem with.

Oh Lord, I can't breath I'm laughing so hard....LOLOLOLOL :haha:

Thought you might appreciate the humor right about then. :lol:

On a more serious note, I don't think there is a snowballs chance in hell Melba would misidentify something by that far in a DNA comparison, especially not when she is using data from other labs using their own protocols to check for contamination and rule that out as well.

Guest Scout1959

I had thought that this paper would cause a bit of an earthquake, but I don't know about anyone else here, no one I know IRL knows about it, or is talking about it.

Ditto, nobody is talking about this outside those interested in BF.

Patience has nothing to do with it. Without anything materializing it's the public concluding over the etiology of it that most of us have a problem with.

Calm down, since nobody in the general public is talking about it they obviously could care less how long it takes for the report to come out.

Folks around here seriously need to chill.......... patience is a virtue.

Thought you might appreciate the humor right about then. :lol:

On a more serious note, I don't think there is a snowballs chance in hell Melba would misidentify something by that far in a DNA comparison, especially not when she is using data from other labs using their own protocols to check for contamination and rule that out as well.

You mean with or without the "patented" primers?

We'll have to wait and see where and how any new primers were used. You wouldn't need new ones to amplify human DNA. Though if the nuDNA were a combination and universal primers were no help one might have to experiment to find what works. That wouldn't necessarily mean the primer is responsible for the unique sequence.

Could it be that not many will really care if Bigfoot are proven to exist?

As much as I want these DNA studies (whenever they might be released) to be understood as fact & reality by the general public, most will STILL only believe if they see a body on the news or read it on an internet "news" site or hear it verified on NPR. And those sources rely on the media to get the facts straight, which we can already see that they haven't to this point and most likely won't. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

If something isn't shown soon this will be the greatest disaster to the Bigfoot community ever.

Oh please enough with the melodramatics. Isn't it enough that the lot of society in general already think the whole idea of BF is nuts. Imagine their horror to find out there are communities of people who actually know/believe they exist and that we don't actually have to take meds and lights out in the east wing at 10:00. The truth is the truth no matter what is proven, and personally I have been patiently waiting since 1968 for solid evidence. I more want to see Bf proven to shut up the naysayers and the tongue in cheekers, however I am not convinced that will be enough. This will not harm the Bigfoot community in any way...however it might harm the individuals whom have put the data forward if it is not what it is rumored to be. In all reality this thread should have died down since now we wait, yet instead there is this ferver ensuing. Egos, insecurities, power plays, selfishness, wild opinion, speculation, ad hominem attacks, these are the contents of the lot of this thread. Just relax and be patient no one is going to POP as we wait.

• Upvote 1

I don't know why everyone thinks the primers are such a big deal, at the worst case scenario coming up with the primers just means a lot of repetitive testing to continually expand them, at best case scenario, a human primer worked just fine. A primer either works, or it does not, there is no in between.