The Ketchum Report

Guest Scout1959

There are respected scientists saying wait just a minute this is nothing but words, and they've been saying it since this story broke out. There's no shortage of people using the "crazy" word describing those involved.

That's because they are scientists. They deal with science and facts not conjecture or fancy press releases and Facebook posts.

rockiessquatching pretty well nailed that down.

It may seem to you like there is no shortage but in all reality very, very, very few people have heard squat about all of this. It's no big public relation problem for poor ole BF. Be patient it will all play out in due time. I'm certain the peer review process isn't going to speed itself up (and face it this is a big deal and they're going to review it to the nines) just because a few BF fans are getting ants in their pants. We've all waited a long time to hear this a few days or even weeks (heck months even) are not going to kill anyone.

Guest Tomocvar

Hello All;

My first post on this forum so mercy for the NOOB if I seem a bit out there. I'm honored to be in touch with so many researchers and notables in the Bigfoot field. From a gamer perspective this would be like hanging with Will Wright/Cliff Blezinske or Miyamoto. I came across this forum at pg 291. Which was just before the Ketchum press release. La tempistica è tutto for sure. Before digging up this log I got my bigfoot updates from the Robert lindsay blog. Now I can get an update without having to take a shower after ;-)

I did notice that reading this blog there's many similarities between the different bigfoot camps/ sport team fans/ufo camps and video console fanboys. To me it seems that some are missing the big picture because you are sitting too close to the tv. I believe the Ketchum study is a watershed event. Not just in the crypto field but a tipping point for people readjusting to take in a broader view of realities existing on this planet.

Personally I really hope that Melba nails this but she's not the only one with an iron in the fire. You know Sykes didn't get involved in BF studies to lose status in academia. He knew something was here before he decided to get involved. So IMO even if Ketchum’s study doesn't publish or folks slam the results and her methods, it doesn't stop progress. The snowball has started rolling downhill and can only avalanche from this point forward. Sykes has his study in the batter's box and other members here have samples being studied for their DNA properties. Y'all have more experience in this field than me. Do any of you recall a time where at least three different DNA reports were about to publish in a six month period???

These studies will all make headlines. Headlines make money. I've heard Dr Meldrum is having trouble getting funding for his aerial BF reconnaissance mission. He won't have any issues like that after the headlines these studies will produce. They say the NFL is a copycat league. Well so is academia. After these studies publish, every state university where the woods are squatchy is going to launch their own study and kick themselves for not doing so sooner. John Q Public will say wait a minute if BF exists and we didn't see it because we had blinders on, what else is going on around me? We have very exciting times ahead of us.

Many thanks to everyone here who has spent so much of their time, effort and $$$ to bring these new studies to us.

Connaissance et Raison

Changent comme les saisons

Une promende pour le Fou du Roi

• Upvote 1

According to Todd Disotell, it's a small professional community, if it was in peer review he feels that he would have heard about it, yet he says he hasn't.

http://ec.libsyn.com...aa&c_id=5202207

Hey Mulder. How about this for a reason to doubt credibility?

Feel free to tear this guy apart. Might want to read up on his CV first.

Disotell spells it all out right here:

http://doubtfulnews.com/2012/12/dna-experts-view-of-the-ketchum-bigfoot-dna-claim/

Edited by rockiessquatching

Guest slimwitless

According to Todd Disotell, it's a small professional community, if it was in peer review he feels that he would have heard about it, yet he says he hasn't.

http://ec.libsyn.com...aa&c_id=5202207

Well, does he know anyone at Squatchin' - America's Premier Bigfoot Research Journal?

Probably not a good sign.

Although...talking about the idea he says, "It's not insane". So...hope springs eternal.

Edited by slimwitless

Guest MrMudder

^ @Tomocvar

Hello All;

My first post on this forum so mercy for the NOOB...

Welcome to the forum. Feel free to introduce yourself in the New Members Introductions gate here http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/forum/46-new-member-introductions/ and please don't type in that customized small font again :). Peace out, and, welcome aboard :). Check out the Premium Membership also, for $20/year, for more stuff.

... K, back to thread :).

Guest slimwitless

I was surprised to hear Disotell say it's unclear from the press release whether the 15,000 is the date of hybridization or the origin of the unknown species.

Am I wrong in thinking it's perfectly obvious? Hmm.

It's what I've been saying since I started posting, but you know, who the hell am I? If you make a claim back it up, if you don't believe or understand me when I qoute GenBank and other reputable research maybe you'll believe someone who does this for a living everyday and is considered "the expert" who puts it in laymen's terms. This should put an end to this nonsense.

Edited by CTfoot

Oh to those that took umbrage with me when I asked Bart to put an end to the madness and asked about his results. He swooped in here and more or less made a claim that Ketchum's work was sub par, that's the abridged version, but couldn't or wouldn't tell us why.

Edited by CTfoot

I was surprised to hear Disotell say it's unclear from the press release whether the 15,000 is the date of hybridization or the origin of the unknown species.

Am I wrong in thinking it's perfectly obvious? Hmm.

It is not clear. A single hybridization shouldn't be the start of a new species. It should be diluted over the course of several generations. She makes it sound like the start of a new species when she says that bigfoot is a hybrid that came about by a female modern human mating with an unknown hominin. It doesn't quite add up but I could understand the usage of hybrid if the most commonly used diagnostic feature, the mitochondrial DNA, was modern human. The unanswered question is how much of the nuclear DNA is modern human or to put it another way if more modern humans are in the ancestry. If not then it would be very difficult to justify calling it a hybrid even though I would expect that distinction and nit picking would be lost on most people.

Edited by BobZenor

Guest slimwitless

I took her to mean the (first?) hybridization event took place 15,000 years ago. It seems absurd to suggest the unknown "paternal" species originated 15,000 years ago. If that's the takeaway, no wonder the guy is incredulous.

Edited by slimwitless