The Ketchum Report

From Igor:

http://www.facebook....igfoot/?fref=ts

Re the paper: the reviewed journals in the US refused to publish the paper. That is why Dr Ketchum has sent it to me to arrange publishing in any Russian reviewd journal. And I showed to our genetisits and understood that it was a serious work. I gave it up to the journal, now it's under reviewing.

You just can't get any more certain than that. Why else would Melba have sent the paper onto Igor?

Edited by Melissa

As for Dr Ketchum she needs to get a hold of this, right now she has become the problem, she should have never came out with that release, I don't care what Dr Burtsev said. But its turned into a three ring circus, the VERY last thing this community need to see happen.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
To remove a response to deleted content

I really hate to say this - but Igor's comments are the "kiss of death" for this paper - in the USA.... If what he is saying is true - she can publish that paper in Russia or wherever she wants - American Scientists do not have to accept the results and based on what Igor just said they have absolutely no intention of even considering her work.

IF the paper gets published in Russia, and the Russian Scientific Community takes it seriously - along with funding. What would keep a team of Russian researchers from coming to the US to document or catalogue the species?

I'm pretty much to the point where I don't care where it's published, as long as the data will be available for others to review.

Violet he just posted this 8 hours ago... It is not past - it is about as current as you're gonna get. He has also not retracted anything. English/Russian translation aside - I think he understands the English language a little better than is being assumed.

Guest VioletX

Violet he just posted this 8 hours ago... It is not past - it is about as current as you're gonna get. He has also not retracted anything. English/Russian translation aside - I think he understands the English language a little better than is being assumed.

My interpretation is that he is explaining why it is being studied in Russia, that did not happen overnight, it is concurrent with the American study, although I cannot speak to which study came first.

Maybe I am wrong, but from my own knowledge, the study in America is in review.

Guest Particle Noun

I don't think we have the full word on this. Igor is reprising comments he made several weeks ago (he just recently confirmed this). Since then, Robin has clarified (In the Sasquatch Protection Group) that the paper was handed back for revisions, not rejected. This was a few days ago. As far as I can tell there is nothing new in what Igor is saying, and nothing new about him completely muddying the waters either.

Unfortunately, even if what he says is not true, he has poisoned the well so badly I'm not sure a recovery can be made.

This has nothing to do with MK and everything to do with BF. There are victims of our own society. Victims because of an enounter with an unknown species. How many times must you hear about how bad it can be to talk about your experience with peers who will view you as "that guy".

There was so much hope and energy put behind MK and her report. Not because people want the data so badly... they want to be free of the baggage. She chose to bring her report to this level. Not me, not any of us who do not like how she "rolls". We are just pointing to the red flags others do not want to see. We are not pointing them out because we want her to fail. They are obstacles to the goal of the entire endeavor. She has sailed her own ship.

Edited by Woodswalker

I don't think this has been posted yet; sorry if it has:

George Knapp: I’m dreaming of a Bigfoot Christmas

Las Vegas CityLife, 12/5/2012

http://lasvegascityl...-christmas.html

Yes, I think it was slimwitness who linked it earlier.

Interesting, he says it was rejected because MK came to the BF conclusion and didn't just classify it as an "unknown hominid".

I wonder if that is a sticking point, MK refuses to back off referring to it as BF?

Rockape, if she is being stubborn on the wording or classification then she needs to back off and let the paper speak for itself instead of her speaking for it. Too much at stake here.

Edited by Ronnie Bass