The Ketchum Report

Guest slimwitless

There is no evidence that another primate that we have not discovered was living at the time in order to mate with human females.

I'm sure Disotell is smart and all but obviously if we had evidence of another closely related primate living 15,000 years ago it wouldn't be described as UNKNOWN in Ketchum's press release. Sheesh. It's also kind of shameful to bring up the completely unsubstantiated claim of angel DNA.

10 days are up. Paulides was obviously given misleading information or just pulled the timeline out of thin area.

Just about everyone who knows ANYthing about publishing schedules wasn't expecting any news today.

I'm sure Disotell is smart and all but obviously if we had evidence of another closely related primate living 15,000 years ago it wouldn't be described as UNKNOWN in Ketchum's press release. Sheesh. It's also kind of shameful to bring up the completely unsubstantiated claim of angel DNA.

Keep in mind Disotell's record. He's a borderline Skofftic.

Dr Ketchum just released this statement on FB:

I really appreciate all of the support. Let the hecklers have their day, who cares. Our science is overkilled beyond reason. After all they accepted a new species of monkey (below) with less than 6.8 kilobases of sequence. Our mito alone is 16.5 Kb on the samples. Our nuclear is 3 genomes from three individuals and is 3 Terabytes of data and billions of bases plus a lot of other testing and disciplines. We also used blind studies. I don't care what anyone says, we have this nailed and it will come out. The journal just has to have the guts to go where no journal has gone before. I personally believe that they will do it.

Edited by Ronnie Bass

You really think so Mulder? I was always under the impression he was fairly open minded to its existence.

BFF Patron

Dr Ketchum just released this statement on FB:

I really appreciate all of the support. Let the hecklers have their day, who cares. Our science is overkilled beyond reason. After all they accepted a new species of monkey (below) with less than 6.8 kilobases of sequence. Our mito alone is 16.5 Kb on the samples. Our nuclear is 3 genomes from three individuals and is 3 Terabytes of data and billions of bases plus a lot of other testing and disciplines. We also used blind studies. I don't care what anyone says, we have this nailed and it will come out. The journal just has to have the guts to go where no journal has gone before. I personally believe that they will do it.

She posted this link under the post as well: http://www.plosone.o...al.pone.0044271

Submission requirements for PLOS One: one can hope.....

Edited by bipedalist

The journal just has to have the guts to go where no journal has gone before. I personally believe that they will do it.

Not sure I like the sound of that.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

It's a peer-reviewed online journal, you can choose your disses as well as 2 to 5 reviewers. Sounds optimal if she "nailed it".

Guest slimwitless

Bigfoot Evidence will probably run her quote under the headline: Ketchum Responds To Rejection

Edit To Add: I stopped by there today and it was borderline ridiculous.

Edited by slimwitless

I didn't really want my first post on BFF.2, to be a negative one, but with regards to post 11074, by Ronnie Bass, which apparently quotes Melba - Does she really think that the identification using DNA analysis, of a known primate,(Cercopithecus lomamiensis), which is used for bushmeat and had been kept in captivity, is analogous to the situation we have with bigfoot?.

It is not the same, or even remotely similar.

Hello to you all, and nice to see some of the folks from BFF.1 still around.

Just about everyone who knows ANYthing about publishing schedules wasn't expecting any news today.

Ain't gonna be the 21st either....