The Ketchum Report

I misread...she acquired rights to the Journal? You mean she purchased this not yet ready for publishing Zoology Journal in order to create a new online deNovo Journal to publish, relying on the reviews of reviewers to the not yet published Zoology Journal, as the peer review of her deNovo Journal's first two articles...? The intro to new species and her paper?

Ok, this all just sounds really bad, sorry...this feels nuts, and again like some attempt to corner potential dollars rather than the science....geez.. too many expectations on this, too long!

I am setting this aside for now....and waiting to see if real scientists, ones not solicited, review this work....they may not, and that would be telling too......

^ I cannot find that quote, the one I saw said that there was a short clip of Matilda breathing in the supplemental part of the paper???

On Bigfoot Buzz, Chuck Prahl said that there is film of Matilda breathing. I believe it was on the top of the page.

Guest gershake

I misread...she acquired rights to the Journal? You mean she purchased this not yet ready for publishing Zoology Journal in order to create a new online deNovo Journal to publish, relying on the reviews of reviewers to the not yet published Zoology Journal, as the peer review of her deNovo Journal's first two articles...? The intro to new species and her paper?

That's how I read it, but don't take my word for it.

It's the name of the journal that peer reviewed her paper. After peer review was completed, she acquired the rights to the journal and renamed it to LeNovo before publishing her paper there.

Because thats what scientists do when their paper doesn't meet the standards of a real journal...

Guest Thepattywagon

Seems to me, it's a win win for both sides.

The naysayers will dwell on the fact that she went about publication in an unorthodox way. The supporters will now have the data made public.

Depending on what ones priorities are, you will fall on one side or the other. Meanwhile, I'm not going to judge her actions only because I don't know what she and her team went through trying to get reviewed and published. If her description of the process is any indication, I can't say I blame her for going the route she did, since, according to her statement, the paper had passed review, even though the journal backed away from publishing it.

I'm just happy there's finally some action!

^Lo!..Ok i have been out in the field and do appreciate the quality of this, but it appears to be a shot of of a computer screen running the reported footage rather than the original footage/quality and of course EP logo.....and worse yet, no face, no detail to demonstrate this is a BF? Am I blind/ I just got new glasses.....is this the actual supplemental footage..or just something we have had around for a while? lol no need to answer, I need to get off and wait for a copy to arrive in my mailbox.... thanks for the posts here!

If the rest of the video shows the saquatch walking up to the camera and lying down for a nap then waking up and walking off then I will be impressed.

Admin

Odd looking fur, that.

Not for a Buffalo... B)

A) According to Ketchum, this journal is not her journal.

B­) I'd be all over downloading this, but you need a credit or debit card. =/ Now if they accepted PayPal...

"

There is a nice short clip of Matilda breathing in the supplemental part of the paper. When and how the rest comes out is up to Adrian."

- https://www.facebook.com/melba.ketchum/posts/567983746547079

"So, rather than spend another five years just trying to find a journal to publish and hoping that decent, open minded reviewers would be chosen, we acquired the rights to this journal and renamed it"

It is her journal, she states it right there.

A) According to Ketchum, this journal is not her journal.

B­) I'd be all over downloading this, but you need a credit or debit card. =/ Now if they accepted PayPal...

"

There is a nice short clip of Matilda breathing in the supplemental part of the paper. When and how the rest comes out is up to Adrian."

- https://www.facebook.com/melba.ketchum/posts/567983746547079

"So, rather than spend another five years just trying to find a journal to publish and hoping that decent, open minded reviewers would be chosen, we acquired the rights to this journal and renamed it"

It is her journal, she states it right there.

Edited by squatting squatch

Guest Llawgoch

So if this 'passed peer review' before she bought the rights, but she doesn't know who peer reviewed it, does that mean that NOBODY now knows who peer reviewed it, or even what the peer review process was for the journal in its previous incarnation? That's convenient.

• Upvote 1