The Ketchum Report

Too much evidence, too many pictures, too many crazy people running through the woods banging and screaming, It will only get worse for Bigfoot if somebody proves they exist. This should be our main concern!

Enjoy their secrecy, walk quietly, and LEAVE THEM ALONE!

Doesn't anyone here care about them?

When I first witnessed I felt compelled to go to the University Anthropologists,, for what I thought the right reason: protection... thinking the ESA or something...

Anyway, by the end of three years, and a blooming relationship of sorts, my thinking joined yours, and I turned my back on my data and communicating it. I came out on the internet b/c of the Sierra Kills story. It blows my mind for so many reasons, but it does appear there is a snowballing toward "proof." Or at least, a growing herd of modern humans out to Find Bigfoot.

I do not feel we need a type speciman, so I do disagree with any that feel so, brilliant or not.

I do percieve tham as genus Homo, they walk like us, sound like us, and think like us to a large degree, so by extension they must be close to us.... Homo indomitus...man beyond the law, untamable man.

So why prove? Surprised witnesses might have a place to call and receive education. BF amatuer hunters/habituators may be regulated (they seem to be the major intentional threat). What else? Medicine - genetics and so on, those sound important if one places human medicine at the pinnicle (I get creeped out by Slick's Medical Institute..holdingg 3,900 non-human primates for testing..)

I personally believe there is a way to commmunicate and learn more about BFs without the kind of aggressive kill it, prove it 19th century sensibility.

It is the 21st Century. We do not condone contact even with untouched Amazon Tribes, and we certainly don't encourage citizens to spy on Native Peoples. I am blown away BFers behave so, even Dr. Meldrum, and it seems they can do so because they do not suffer scrutiny from the conventional scientific community, yet.

It makes little difference to me if they are proven now, except I do desire an appropriate and sweeping response from our Government, in hopes that it might prevent the terrifying responses of some predicted by so many.. And, it might end the Finding BF phenomenon. But, I also feel they will manage just fine without our understanding. (assuming we leave portions of this planet somewhat habitable for them).

On the other hand, for those on the front lines (I mean residents/ranchers) it can become an isolating and threatening situation of which the current Bfers/system offers little help..

I feel relieved I will not be responsible for anything associated with the Sierra Kills or proving......

It seems proof will come, and so then what? I personally look forward to the Ketchum study in hopes it shall cause many to lay down their more animalistic views and techniques.

If you thought a 10' BF had every bit of your cognitive power (assume material cultureisn't a measure of intelligence) would you still perform the same type of BF Investigations ocurring now? Just a thought. I quickly assumed in my own work they were...it changed my experiments, and so results. They are quite smart...even if wild.

Edited by apehuman

Thought you'd been around here long enough to pick up on how that would be a profoundly naive assumption (but then again perhaps we'll see them in a mild form).

Have you ever tried herding cats before by the way?

:D :D

I did say "hope" rather than "expect"!

Mike

BFF Patron
...I quickly assumed in my own work they were...it changed my experiments, and so results. They are quite smart...even if wild.

Took me about 30 days into my own "investigation" to realize I was being out maneuvered, toyed with and, at times, purely humbled.

I'd like to start a new thread related to this topic, but unfortunately don't have privileges yet. Maybe the mods can decide to move it if they want.

I'm interested in the comment that was made by Dr Ketchum that said something like "Bigfoot threw us a curve ball." Anybody have any insight as to what that might mean?

I'm speculating that it means the eastern and western samples somehow comprise slightly different species -- maybe similar to the way coyotes and wolves are separate species but still able to interbreed and such.

Please excuse me if this topic has already been resolved somewhere in these 78 pages.

This spinoff thread addresses that question.

If you thought a 10' BF had every bit of your cognitive power (assume material cultureisn't a measure of intelligence) would you still perform the same type of BF Investigations ocurring now? Just a thought. I quickly assumed in my own work they were...it changed my experiments, and so results. They are quite smart...even if wild.

Good post apehuman, don't assume your words are ignored.

BFF Patron

Not sure about that, but I have often wondered how being untethered from the Erickson documentation efforts may have been to the benefit of the Ketchum DNA study in the grand plan.......just my own humble opinion with the labeling.....your mileage may vary and your words may be different.

Certainly they could have probably gotten by just fine without the dna from Erickson associates?

Edited by bipedalist

Perhaps they think it would be more lucrative to sell it as a DVD than try to market it to the different networks, like the History Channel, Discovery, or Animal Planet ( which has FB, so go figure). Make of that what you will, I don't know that not finding a taker from the networks indicates anything about the quality of the supposed documentary.

Have any other scientific papers in history been released with a documentary for sale?

Not that I know of......but some have been released as books. Darwin's Origin of Species, Isaac Newton's Mathematica Principia to name but two.

Mike

Edited by MikeG

Have any other scientific papers in history been released with a documentary for sale?

Have you ever watched a video documentary while reading a science paper? A documentary containing scientific proof of bigfoot would likely get a top notch production companys' attention then rights to air it would be sold to various networks. JMO

Guest parnassus

Mike,

Darwin both presented and published his paper before the book was published. Newton's book was in the 1680's, and scientific publications were in their very infancy. He submitted it for review by the Royal Society, which consumed a fair amount of time, before they published it. Sort of a primitive peer review.

p.

Edited by parnassus

I was thinking of the documentary of the earliest ancestor of man that was aired, I believe it was about "Ardi", It looked more like the oldest lemur fossil to me, if I recall correctly, I may be getting my stories confused. But I believe the paper came out before the documentary.

The DVD is really what is putting me off of this whole thing. Unless we have misunderstood and assumed that would be Erickson's footage, it may be something entirely different.

Yeah, this is all a conspiracy to sell some DVDs. Sheesh.

A couple of years ago, folks might have expressed something like this:

"Yeah, these cops are pretending they have a bigfoot in their freezer so they can make a quick $50k off some rich, gullible donor and get on national television."

I don't know yet what to make of this whole Ketchum thing - and I'm reserving judgment until the day something actually comes to light sans speculation - but let's just say that stranger things have happened in bigfootery than for someone to expend a whole lot of effort trumping up something that was never really there in the first place.