The Ketchum Report

Guest HairyGreek

Figures...

without any violation of the rules to cite, you are resorting to name-calling.

Not at all. You know exactly what I meant and also know it was a statement of fact, not an insult in any way. I won't be baited anymore by you.

Back to the topic. Has any of our media folks been able to secure an actual voice interview with Dr. Ketchum that will be forthcoming? Could the Bigfoot-foot thread be a possible reason she has decided to wait to submit? If she received it, an identifiable body part (let's not go down that shot Sas road again) would be very helpful to the review I would think. I believe the ED of the MABRC (love them acronyms) states in one of the posts that the body part in question went to Dr. K.

Anyone think if this is what slowed things up it was really worth it, or should she have just continued with what she had? ^_^

Edited by HairyGreek

The more specimens you have the more evidence you have. If this was the reason for the delay in the initial time frame given, I think it is worth it in the end.

Figures...

without any violation of the rules to cite, you are resorting to name-calling.

It's getting to the point of being rude, which is against the rules, however he hasn't called you a name yet, 3 warnings and your out with me...... I think we need a cooling off period of about 24 hours so I'm going to temporarily close thread.

Well maybe it could, prove she speaks about her involvement on the wtcd to give herself creditability to folks whom are seeking dna answers’ from the "samples" turned into her.

Nothing wrong with that.

Which lets be honest there is a dollar amount associated with doing/running these types of test. Also please keep in mind, to my understanding, which I could be wrong, Tom B. started doing dna stuff with her, and introduce her to the Bigfoot world.

That is highly debatable, she said she began receiving samples thought to be sasquatch in the mid nineties.

Now I listen to the MN. BRT radio show today, where their last show dated July 25th, with Mr. Alex Hearn did say that this DNA is not in a peer review. All of this its in peer review its not in peer review dose not surprise me.

Me neither. Who is Alex Hearn?

Now keep in mind I know Mr. Hearn and I know of all of his should we say embellishments in which many of his claims are know to the other groups in Arizona which shall we say lack respect about his research. Keep in mind Mr. Hearn learn from the best as they say. I’m not trying to get personal, just asking for more facts.

From the sound of this, I wouldn't look to him for facts then.

So if there is proof that she worked on the wtcd this would go along way about her capabilities IMO due to her association with those whom are known hoaxers. So I’ll end it their, and wait to see if anybody can find anything.

Thanks for your comments.

There is a list of labs that are signed up to work cases such as the WTC mass fatality incidents. I didn't see DNA diagnotics on it , but wouldn't rule out the possibility that she could have received overflow work from one of them.

Ultimately, it won't matter if she could prove that. The documentation may not be for public consumption either, those things are private matters to the victums families. You are working a deadend here.

Guest watcher

Forgive me for not reading all the posts in this thread,I may be saying something that has already been addressed, but I have this to add:

Melba Ketchum is a hired technician. She happens to have been hired by more than one researcher. She is only a cog in the wheel, as many other contributors are. She has supposedly done the testing, and has supposedly come up with methodologies surrounding DNA testing, comparison and verification. She was not a Sasquatch researcher. She allegedly farms out much of the testing to other labs, (which is good, if this is true). Her methods and her results have not been verified or supported by other scientists yet. None of this should be viewed as her project, anymore than a ferari would be referred to as the ferrari of the mechanic who works on the transmission. She is a technician that claims to have promising results on ONE ASPECT of solving this mystery - namely DNA testing and identification. Until her claimed results are verified, we don't even know what value her contributions will add.

Forgive me for not reading all the posts in this thread,I may be saying something that has already been addressed, but I have this to add:

Melba Ketchum is a hired technician. She happens to have been hired by more than one researcher. She is only a cog in the wheel, as many other contributors are. She has supposedly done the testing, and has supposedly come up with methodologies surrounding DNA testing, comparison and verification. She was not a Sasquatch researcher. She allegedly farms out much of the testing to other labs, (which is good, if this is true). Her methods and her results have not been verified or supported by other scientists yet. None of this should be viewed as her project, anymore than a ferari would be referred to as the ferrari of the mechanic who works on the transmission. She is a technician that claims to have promising results on ONE ASPECT of solving this mystery - namely DNA testing and identification. Until her claimed results are verified, we don't even know what value her contributions will add.

But it's been fairly well established that she is spearheading the paper that's been submitted for peer review. While there may be many other contributors who have done a bulk of the testing and work, she is the team lead as I understand it.

And you're right, we don't know what her contributions will add. All discussions to this point have been speculation.

Debating the credibility of Dr. Ketchem does not bring us any closer to understanding the Bigfoot phenomenon. She is in a long line of those over the years who had the smoking gun in one form or another. Unfortunately, over the years the smoking guns have not panned out. Dr. Ketchum's report may be the evidence we have long awaited for or it may not be -- debating whether it is or isn't doesn't change that fact. Considering the length of time that has passed, I am not optimistic that there is anything substantial to be released by Dr. Ketchum. I may be wrong and in fact hope that I am. My point here is that what I think about this issue doesn't matter.

None of this should be viewed as her project,

I've got to disagree, You still don't see any other geneticist waving their hands hollering "send the samples to me, I want to do a bigfoot sample study ". Dr. Ketchum did go on a blogtalk show , and let people know she was taking samples, she did head the project.

• Upvote 1

Guest Thepattywagon

I think she is brave to take on this project. And I hope her courage is bolstered by the evidence she's seen so far that hopefully says that there is something else besides 'us' out there walking around on two legs.