The Ketchum Report

Admin

Well, this is interesting. A non-profit protection website. She certainly sounds confident...

Hi all, I will repeat what I said. Much to everyone's chagrin, including mine, I cannot discuss the project per se. I can kill off some rumors here and there and answer some general questions which is why I made this site. I hope this will help everyone to come together. We will have websites that will be launching at the time that the paper comes out with a lot of information. We also will have a website and an associated non-profit protection website. We are very excited about this non-profit that is being formed. Interested parties should contact Sally Ramey for more information.

when this all said and done, what do you think the chances will be that she would receive formal apologies ?

I will go on the BFF record and say if turned out to be a flop, I will video myself eating crow(well at least a chicken wearing a crow's disguise)

This was posted on melba's FB From Sally ---- Peer Review and Paper Publication Process

https://www.facebook...359075637446173

I predict great Rebuttal...

Edited by zigoapex

I thought this was good:

"Confidentiality of the process

Most scientists are able to quietly carry out their work in peace. Melba has not been permitted this luxury because of the intrusive nature of certain individuals and groups within the BF research community, as well as "leaks," false or otherwise, from former associates or people who want others to think they are "in the know." Most scientists do not have to endure the pressures produced by a large group of hobbyists with such intense interest in their work. The disrespect for the process and overall impatience has stirred up a lot of unnecessary and unproductive angst. This has led to endless speculation, false deadlines, baseless insinuations and even character assassination.

Because the entire process requires adherence to the confidentiality standards of the journals, Melba has been unable to correct false statements, clarify badly interpreted ones, or defend herself against character assassination. Melba has never provided dates or paper status, yet there have been numerous dates attributed to her. She uses vague "soon" language - which is all she CAN say - to maintain some positiveness amid all of the angst.

The NDA was required by this project because of the involvement of many people who have no experience with the research and peer-review process. You don't have to tell a scientist that they can't talk about research they plan to publish. However, when a project involves lay people, an NDA ensures the journals' expectations of confidentiality. Contrary to rumor, Melba's NDA only gives her the rights to the results of her work - the samples still belong to the original submitters, who will all be ultimately recognized."

and this:

"In addition, and I want to make this very clear to certain individuals who seem to think that they are entitled to information, images, answers, data, etc., and who get angry when they don't get what they want ... Melba does not answer to you. Nor does she owe you anything. She will not violate confidentiality and risk losing publication of her paper and all of the hard work it represents - not only on her part, but that of her coauthors and the many sample submitters - just to make you happy. The research and peer-review process answers only to the journals and subsequently, the rest of the scientific community. This is how REAL science is done. You will just have to wait like everyone else."

Edited by Cotter

If real scientists, who study primate and human evolution, had a wiff of an alleged scientific peper coming out for peer review that was about to unleash this kind of news, you would be hearing from others all over the place. Even if to say they had doubts

Really?

If I were a scientist without access to the contents of the report or any of the research, I would keep my powder very dry indeed in the time leading up to publication. How stupid would it make you look if you came out with some "bah-humbug....it's not possible" statement, and then the following week there was proof-positive all over some prestigious journal? No credible scientist would risk that.

One or two of the outright denialists on the internet might just be thinking roughly the same thing right now.

Mike

I stand by what I said before, while the Ketchum Report may be valid and coming soon, I do not believe the FB page represents anything legit. If the two are in fact representing the same source, alarm bells are ringing. It could be however, and it wouldn't be a first, someone is just messing with folks with a FB page. Happens with Twitter all the time.

Cheers

Lanny

So far though, I've seen nothing but things that deepen my suspicion that there's something decidedly fishy about all this.

Fishy in what way? If it isn't a kosher bigfoot DNA paper then what the heck might it be? For fun's sake give us a few wild guesses...

Edited by tuckybuzzard

Guest Bipedal Ape

you could say this is fishy...

Dr. Melba Ketchum I didn't even believe they existed 4 years ago. I didn't encounter them until this past year at a lease property of mine. They are quite bold but not at all aggressive, in fact they seem sweet and timid. So much has happened. It has changed everything I ever thought about them.

19 hours ago

Dr. Melba Ketchum Sorry, no more comments on my field research.

17 hours ago

Why even mention it at all in the first place?