The Ketchum Report

She has so many samples to work with, and considering how long its taking, that is what I suspect raising the bar, and overkill means, is running enough samples,enough times, to statistically rule out any concerns of contamination or ambiguous results. I would be pretty shocked if she has not already reached this point, considering some of the things she has said. I highly doubt she is willing to sacrifice her credibility, and a very successful business to perpetuate a one time hoax that would net her very little compared to what she already has, or to even risk it all on sketchy interpretation of the data. I personally choose to rely some on her professional abilities.

When is this report coming out?

In july of 2011 according to the Oregon Bigfoot page the study was completed and very near to publication. Eight months later the status according to Dr. Ketchum is " a publication date has not been set" There has been no confirmation that the paper has been accepted for publication. Unless someone can show me otherwise, this paper has not been accepted for publication as of this date. If I am wrong, I would ask someone to show me where it has been confirmed that the paper has been accepted for publication. In my mind, the question at this late date is not "when" but "if" this paper will be published.

I predicted that this thread would reach 100 pages before anything would be published and it looks like we are very close. I now predict that we will reach 150 pages before publication

BFF Patron

Well , that is where you get into testing for reliability, maybe that's all he meant by it. Everything else is built upon the premise that they worked.

If it/they didn't work, then if the study is valid, they found one that did. So much for reliability if it's not valid. Suppose they could reliably identifying markers/genes that they mistakenly are thinking are something that they are not though.

Edited by bipedalist

Guest FuriousGeorge

Last year I predicted that it would be out between Nevertember and Postponuary. Looks like those dates have come and gone and there is still nothing except more hype framing the nothingness.

BFF Patron

Waiting, waiting, waiting, century mark approaching, you are cleared for landing...... :keeporder:

:skydive:

Edited by bipedalist

Well I went over to the GenBank site and typed in a search for COI primate barcodes. All I found were 15 and there was only one 623 bp segment and the rest were 603 bp segments. There were 1,704,203 linear segments for homo. Does anyone know of a study on primates that is similar to what they did for the North American bird species?

Try this one.

http://www.bolinfonet.org/pdf/Hajibabaei_et_al_2006_Benchmarking_DNA_barcodes.pdf

BFF Patron

About five or so more posts..... it seems.

Edited by bipedalist

It looked like all you could do with that is say what it isn't SY, I guess you could use it by default.

Is there a glitch like Y2K where you automatically go back to page 1 when it hits 100 posts?

Edited by Jodie