The Ketchum Report

Guest slimwitless

Someone just asked if the paper would be published in an established journal or a new one. Sally's response:

@Curt - Sally here - It's NOT one of the ones you pay to publish your paper. Is that what you mean?

I'm guessing she wasnt aware of this new journal and/or the speculation in this thread when she posted that. Again, I'm not sure how they can continue to refer to the specifics of a journal (however vague) if the paper hasn't been accepted.

BFF Patron

Guess the question could be narrowed by asking: anthro? bio? crypto?

And then we can play twenty questions from there? :mole:

This whole thing is enough to put anyone off the subject. If I hadn't seen one with my own eye's I'd think this was all crazy, I certainly wouldn't think a serious science journal would take any interest.

Thats an interesting conundrum to have seen one, but not believe there is anything about bigfoot that science would take seriously.

It suggests to me that some feel scientists shy away from even biological evidence, not because it couldn't be real, but because it takes science to prove it.

Could happen that way I guess.

Guest Particle Noun

Confirmed:

Sally here - Normally, I would not answer a question about the journal, but I think this rumor needs nipping in the bud. It is not a cryptozoological journal -- and before anyone even asks, it is not Meldrum's new BF journal, either.

BFF Patron

Good, but not unexpected news, indeed. Should be reassuring about the direction they are heading too.

If it hadn't passed peer review, she wouldn't be able to say "it" for certain. So I am taking this a a sign that it will be announced tomorrow afternoon at 7pm GMT and published on Friday ;):D

Mike

Guest Particle Noun

If it hadn't passed peer review, she wouldn't be able to say "it" for certain. So I am taking this a a sign that it will be announced tomorrow afternoon at 7pm GMT and published on Friday ;):D

Mike

HAHAHAH!

Assuming the technical details of the study are done correctly (no lab error), all you need is ONE. DNA comes from a cirtter, and unknown dna comes from an unknown critter.

It's that simple.

Usually I don´t agree with your statements, but when you´re right you´re right, and you´re right in this case IMO. Then there´s the whole discussion of the holotype, but let´s not blur this statement of yours.

Mike

lol i will believe it when i see it.

Would be nice to have an phd anthropologist working on this. especially if it is human dna. am i right?

Nope, molecular geneticists are what you need at this stage.

Mulder,

If this works out and I hate this phrase ......

But it's a win - win :)

Dont worry we will have plenty of other stuff to discuss!

I know it's hard to believe but most of us here are on the same side!

Spot on!

Guest slimwitless

Relevant quotes from Ketchum today:

Fact: This paper has not and will not go to a cryptozoology "journal" of any type. Stringent, skeptical review is necessary for the success of this paper, thus the length of time it is taking to get this out. It would have been out a long time ago if we would have chosen to send it to some obscure journal or some type of crypto journal but I prefer the more difficult path because it makes the paper credible to the scientific community.

The entire study will be 4 years in March. The paper was written in 2011.

Edited by slimwitless

it's still Wednesday...so i can add....Paulides posted a new blog...it is, well...I will just focus on one statment for this thread...

he says something to the effect that as we "are closing in on the DNA"....

combined with the EP website statement they couldn't get more scientists interested, and the loss of Dr. K as a team member, and the emergence of a New Cypto Peer review Journal?.....ahhhhh! No, it cannot be. It will be published in Science tommorrow...

Because I see Dr.K's FB quote above.. so yes, Science tommorrow!

, 'optimism produces the results it seeks'

Edited by apehuman