The Ketchum Report

Guest Bipedal Ape

sure there are believers, but as a whole the notion of bigfoot in science is that it does not exist

sure there are believers, but as a whole the notion of bigfoot in science is that it does not exist

You simply can't support that claim. You haven't done a poll or anything. Consensuses can be wrong just as much as they can be right. If we always sat pat on what we already know, there would be no learning.

Tim B.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

..... So far, I've not been proven wrong about that . . .

..... So far, you've not been proven RIGHT either...... :kingxmas:

Speak for yourself bro. ............ :aikido:

Edited by bipedalist

Guest Bipedal Ape

dont need to do a poll, there is no evidence for bigfoot that has been reviewed and published in any reputable scientific journals, therefore it does not exist to science.

now ketchum plans to change this, so we will see how that goes, and if its what she says then the scientific community will have to accept the species

Here's a paper-

http://www.isu.edu/rhi/pdf/Mayak%20Datat%20Hairy%20Man%20Pictographs-1.pdf

I know you won't like the source- that's okay- the journal has more scientific standing than your argument does so I'll go with that.

You simply have to see- "Science" is an vague, inaccurate entity that can't be used as a standard of proof. To not admit to that shows the lack of validity of your argument.

Generalities are the death of accuracy.

Tim B.

Bigfoot is not a recognized species is that not a fact?

Or did I miss an announcement?

What's your thresh hold or standard for recognized species?

Tim B.

• Upvote 2

Guest Cervelo

Tim

I'm not going to engage in the "word definition, terms, meaning of" games with you!

It's a waste of both of our time.

Whatever works for you is good by me!:)

Edited by Cervelo

Guest Bipedal Ape

The methodology of science is proven. Science works. Its the reason you are able to talk to people all over the world about Bigfoot. Its the reason you live the way you do with all the comforts you take for granted. I trust the scientific process.

BFF Patron
...Does anyone remember the Charlie Kaufman movie "The Orchid Thief?" A great (well, an OK) movie which was a meta-movie about making movies. I think this whole process deserves the same treatment. A lot can be learned about how social media and the internet effect popular events such as this has become. Or maybe, depending on the results, this can be the next "Best in Show" or "A Mighty Wind".

.... Or, the grandest orchidectomy perpetrated on a captive audience in history..... (hopefully, NOT) :P

Edited by bipedalist

Guest Particle Noun

:spiteful:

That's what I meant with the Best in Show references. It would be a great send up of the community and its adherents if this all turns out to be nothing.

Guest spurfoot

.... Or, the grandest orchidectomy perpetrated on a captive audience in history..... (hopefully, NOT) :P

ROFL

Guest Jodie

You mean orchiectomy, but hey, I got it!!! Nice play on words there :lol: :lol: :lol:

dont need to do a poll, there is no evidence for bigfoot that has been reviewed and published in any reputable scientific journals, therefore it does not exist to science.

Only when science even bothers to look, it only works if applied.

True, but she said that has nothing to do with what's in the paper.

Yeah, but we are only human, how something comes across will affect the amount of serious interest this paper could create. I think I would have left the experiences out of the public eye until I gave the research a chance to be well received.

Still trying to figure out the multiquote function, I haven't got it down pat yet.

BFF Patron
You mean orchiectomy, but hey, I got it!!! Nice play on words there :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, it's a "variant" use...... http://www.thefreedictionary.com/orchidectomy

The type of hybridization a few of us can do without...... however you slice and dice it.... :acute:

There are standards in zoological nomenclature such as the ICZN that maintain lists of recognized species. If a species does not appear on that list then, by definition, "science" does not recognize it. Bigfoot is not on the list.

doesn't seem like its coming out anytime soon. posted on her fb yesterday and this is what her response was...

Louie Carrino

is it coming out soon? i can't wait to be vindicated. have caught hell for almost 30 yrs telling people what i saw. they do exist.

Like· · 19 hours ago