The Ketchum Report

I'm of the opinion that DNA test results aren't going to matter much, one way or the other. You can say on paper, yes we have proof, Bigfoot is real. But without a living creature or a body that can be displayed, people still won't believe.

Apparently the board ate my reply the first time, so repeating:

The only ones who still won't believe are the die hard Skeptics, along with the Flat Earthers and "We didn't go to the Moon" types.

I fail to see why we should give a frag what wingnut types think...

Apparently the board ate my reply the first time, so repeating:

The only ones who still won't believe are the die hard Skeptics, along with the Flat Earthers and "We didn't go to the Moon" types.

I fail to see why we should give a frag what wingnut types think...

Informal logical fallacy known as "pot calling kettle black."

Informal logical fallacy known as "pot calling kettle black."

Ad hom...See, I can play the game too, Jerry!

The establishment of a confirmed DNA sequence (assuming the Ketchum study pans out) will literally be "game over" on the subject of BF existing for any intellectually honest person.

The establishment of a confirmed DNA sequence (assuming the Ketchum study pans out) will literally be "game over" on the subject of BF existing for any intellectually honest person.

I'm an intellectually honest skeptic. What would The Ketchum Report need to say, though? For me, it would have to say something along the lines of "New non-extinct hominid discovered from fresh DNA". Then of course, others would have to weigh in too. Like other scientists who retest from the same sample. We'd have to see what the report says. But if there is scientific concensus then for me it will be game over, and I won't need a body.

BFF Patron

That is interesting. Should we take update shifts? Someone checking every five minutes in 2 hour increments?

Just noticed a new press release page for the first time.

http://dnadiagnostics.com/press.html

Looks like something might be coming soon...

Been up since Jan. 21 according to the source code, not in the last few months.

Guest bsruther

Her web site has about as many cobwebs as Erickson's. It would be cool if there was some kind of heads-up statement on her press release page, but as dusty web pages go, it seems that they're the last place to get updated with anything new.

I believe the review is finished and something is holding it up. Waiting for publish, legal feuding? ...Who knows.

I'm an intellectually honest skeptic. What would The Ketchum Report need to say, though? For me, it would have to say something along the lines of "New non-extinct hominid discovered from fresh DNA". Then of course, others would have to weigh in too. Like other scientists who retest from the same sample. We'd have to see what the report says. But if there is scientific concensus then for me it will be game over, and I won't need a body.

I'll be as interested as you are to see the actual paper. Surely the paper would address where the samples come from, and the existence of Sasquatch. With the number of samples involved, the blind testing, numerous testers and co-authors, surely the requisite of repeatability and concensus would be settled.

I believe the review is finished and something is holding it up. Waiting for publish, legal feuding? ...Who knows.

What makes you say that? I'm not challenging- I'm wondering if I missed something.

Tim B.

Since I inadvertently double posted, I might as well ask another question- If this article doesn't pass it's current peer review, will they shop around for another periodical to start the process again? If not, would it be released without peer review? I'm just getting the feeling things are slowly sliding away...

Tim B.

Edited by TimB