The Ketchum Report

Guest slimwitless

Assuming they have the proof they claim, it could be they feel their study may inadvertently lead to someone (or something) getting shot.

Guest Cervelo

That's pretty funny because Bigfoots already protected.

All natural resources which includes all animals are the property of the governing body they live in and are regulated ( hunting, fishing, licenses, logging, mining rights, water, ect)

Obviously you can harvest trees, or minerals ect on your own property but you cannot kill an animal or harass it without a license to do so or some eminent threat. Even then you still may catch a fine for not retreating and calling LE.

I feel that way because it involves Bigfoot. Everyone turns out to be hoaxing, or getting hoaxed. All hype and no ape.

It has nothing to do with Ketchum. I didn't even know about her until this DNA thing. The track record of Bigfoot is one of hoaxing, lying, cheating, being hoaxed, making up excuses, hyping, and I am not buying anything to do with a DNA paper.

I am of the belief that Bigfoot is not a living actual creature. It is a myth. Look at the patterns of the discoveries. They start in the PNW where Roger Patterson and Wallace were hyping this creature, writing books, going on TV, then the sightings spread out from there, matching population densities, and following the media hype of the creature.

If you think it is all a hoax or a myth, what is your reason to join a forum and become a member so you can post on the BFF ?

BFF Patron

Assuming they have the proof they claim, it could be they feel their study may inadvertently lead to someone (or something) getting shot.

Yes, I've noticed increased "sensitivities" to the kill-no/kill element over recent days at certain sites.

They are really pushing the Bigfoot protection part (forming of a formal protection group) hard on the Ketchum Corp. FB page now, and beeing ever so vague on the peer review issue.

Several agendas at the same time makes me see red flags all over the place! Check it out yourselves.

I'm sure alot of people would see red flags if there were no push for protection of the species. I see a need for education of the public and some laws put in place, but habitat protections already exist for many species which bigfoot would already benefit from, plus they are pretty good at taking care of themselves IMO. On the review issue, I think it is clear that this study has some unprecedented elements to it, and I have no doubt that all involved ( Journal, Authors and reviewers) are gonna cover their hineys.(cya)

A place like that makes people curious doesn't it? You would expect that either people are seeing something other than bigfoot, or bigfoot would be easy to find there, atleast their sign would be. :)

Broken tree limbs and hairs wasn't the only evidence collected from that place, I can assure you, and not just TexLa.

I think some people choose not to prove they exist, to bother them, or bring in more unwanted visitors. Beyond that, I'll let you explain it to me why it took so long, if they can be proven.

There are several scenarios to consider. Many folks think or hope that this DNA paper will prove Bigfoot exist. Some think this will play out as a deliberate hoax. The truth may be less sensational than these two scenarios imply.

One plausible scenario (based on various statements yet to be verified) is that the report will find that samples tested suggest consistent human genetic variations that are not found in the human genetic data-bank. This finding will be supported by eyewitness accounts related to the samples, making the case for the phenomena originating via something truly new (to science) in nature.

Critics will point out that these interesting variations do not exclude Homo sapiens sapiens as the likely explanation, although they will have to provide testable ideas as to why such variations in the samples are consistent.

Now, if this scenario is near the truth of the matter, then the type of questions I posed about your samples become relevant. Then, the idea that such a large "tribe" of humans can co-exist virtually all over the place, right outside of town really, and is for all practical purposes undetectable, becomes a problem for the credibility of the DNA paper.

I think those hypothetical genetic variations, if related to the genes that where "leaked" could account for the appearance of this creature. I think your right jerrywayne, my opinion is it will come down to something very much like that, and that could explain the delays, and the "raising of the bar". Now they would have to prove statistically that this variant existed and warranted its own recognition. That would make for solid proof, although many would still disagree,and argue the point, particularly the skeptics that where not purely science orientated. All of this is just my opinion.

I think you will have to rethink your scenarios a bit Jerrywayne. One thing is that these other scenarios most likely wouldn't be left to critics to test , but would be part of the study itself. You don't think that you could think of explanations that the authors couldn't do you?

Guest bsruther

They are really pushing the Bigfoot protection part (forming of a formal protection group) hard on the Ketchum Corp. FB page now, and beeing ever so vague on the peer review issue.

Several agendas at the same time makes me see red flags all over the place! Check it out yourselves.

I think you nailed it with this post. I'm surprised noone else has noticed the same...wait, no, I'm not.

Guest slimwitless

I think you nailed it with this post. I'm surprised noone else has noticed the same...wait, no, I'm not.

Amazing.

Maybe they are focusing their energy on something they can actually talk about, and being "ever so vague" on something they can't. Since there is nothing new to report on the peer review process, might as well occupy their time with something they can do some good with while they are waiting. It's really amazing that you can draw red flags out of every little statement or non-statement made. That's gotta be tiring.