The Ketchum Report

The comment about additional co-authors might not be as significant as people are thinking, in that it is reported/ stated/ rumoured elsewhere that there will be multiple papers. It would make sense if the additional co-authors were for one of the newer, as-yet-unfinished papers.

Mike

All those posts from her hit the Facebook wall then were taken down right away. I'm guessing her account was hacked. That was the impression I got.

Tim B.

Did a little searching and there are a couple of "eye openers" that she has posted....

Dr. Melba Ketchum

It will come out. There is too much data to refuse it.

28 February at 21:50

Dr. Melba Ketchum

22 February

Q: Will the paper be published? A: I truly believe it will. We have overwhelming evidence.

My readings of Dr. Ketchum's statements is that the paper (as of the date of her comment) has not been accepted for publication. There is a big difference in "it will" and "I believe it will". I am resigned to the fact that this paper will not be published in a scientific journal.

Why does everything have to be over analyzed?Just sit back and relax and chill.The **** creature is real so who cares what gets posted.Now it is just fun watching others wait.Cool :lol:

Guest Jodie

I don't think the final analysis has been written yet based on what I read on the FB page. That could be where the other authors play into it if you are getting more than one possible outcome or interpretation to cover all of the data generated from sequencing an entire genome , I don't know.

My readings of Dr. Ketchum's statements is that the paper (as of the date of her comment) has not been accepted for publication. There is a big difference in "it will" and "I believe it will". I am resigned to the fact that this paper will not be published in a scientific journal.

What was she supposed to say, "yes it will because it has been accepted for publication"?

Well, there are subtle variations on this theme happening regularly these days.

Plenty of species are being divided into two or more new species, because DNA analysis has revealed differences between populations which were previously thought to be uniform. So, you could say that technically DNA has been used to identify species prior to their discovery.......but that would be playing with the semantics a bit.

Mike

Well you could say that we've been bumping into this species on occasion for centuries and collecting evidence of it, but that evidence hadn't been recognized as something different from us until DNA proved it. That would be along the same lines as splitting a species for the same reason. Some of those species weren't recognized for what they were because "we" couldn't tell from looking at them that they weren't interbreeding and were geneticly isolated.

Until you put on a ape suit...:lol: . Yes we can tell a difference between us and BF, just as those other species could. Just sayin, the affected species can tell, and doesn't choose to interbreed, atleast most of the time.

I think folks forget that good science takes time.

Additionally, one can speculate all they want on comments Melba and gang make on FB, but to condemn someone b/c of their personality and cyber-social skills is a bit bigoted (I hope that term isn't too harsh, but I feel it's appropriate).

Not directed at anyone in particular, but directed at a lot of folks.

Remember the subject matter that's being dealt with here.

Thanks all, have a great evening.

• Upvote 2