The Ketchum Report

Guest bsruther

What makes you say that? I'm not challenging- I'm wondering if I missed something.

Tim B.

Recently (3 weeks to a month ago), there seemed to me to be some starting-gate activity going on. Things were popping up on sites of orgs that had samples submitted to ketchum's research. Nabs was doing some posturing, which to me made it appear that the published review was forthcoming. Other big players were posting things on their sites that made it appear that something was about to be released (I'm not going to dig them up). There's a facebook group that I watch that supposedly has some DNA samples with Dr. K. On 7/10, in response to a question about proving the existence of BF, they said "Dr. Ketchum with the release of the DNA evidence any week now". There's more, but my feeble mind can't remember everything I read, to reach that conclusion. That big old gin and tonic I just drank ain't helping matters either.

Recently (3 weeks to a month ago), there seemed to me to be some starting-gate activity going on. Things were popping up on sites of orgs that had samples submitted to ketchum's research. Nabs was doing some posturing, which to me made it appear that the published review was forthcoming. Other big players were posting things on their sites that made it appear that something was about to be released (I'm not going to dig them up). There's a facebook group that I watch that supposedly has some DNA samples with Dr. K. On 7/10, in response to a question about proving the existence of BF, they said "Dr. Ketchum with the release of the DNA evidence any week now". There's more, but my feeble mind can't remember everything I read, to reach that conclusion. That big old gin and tonic I just drank ain't helping matters either.

Friends don't let friends drink and post...wait, is there any other way? :lol:

Alternately...look at what that nasty ol'Ketchum has driven us to...j/k....

And everyone asks us to wait temperately.... :lol: err, patiently. Anyone got a bottle of that there Bigfoot wine to share?

Edited by notgiganto

BFF Patron

BF research and drinking don't mix there bsr, if your neighbors hear some practice whoops they might blame BF, :o:lol:

Yeah, it's the tonic and lime that keep me going notgiganto :P

Guest bsruther

Double posts make me want a gin and tonic and I don't even like gin...

If the weather was colder, I'd be blaming it on bourbon or rye.

Guest bsruther

BF research and drinking don't mix there bsr, if your neighbors hear some practice whoops they might blame BF, :o:lol:

Yeah, it's the tonic and lime that keep me going notgiganto :P

Neighbors can't hear me...probably a good thing. The other night, I did hear something coming from the neighbor's property that I've never heard before, and it wasn't the neighbors. I'm still baffled.

Back on topic.

I could be totally wrong with my observations, but it appears to me that there's some behind the scenes wrangling going on.

Ad hom...See, I can play the game too, Jerry!

The establishment of a confirmed DNA sequence (assuming the Ketchum study pans out) will literally be "game over" on the subject of BF existing for any intellectually honest person.

Ad hom? You have it upside down, amigo.

As to a "confirmed DNA sequence" via Dr. Ketchum's study, will it literally be "game over" on the subject of BF? What if the study strongly implies BF is human or virtually human, what then? Will true believers give up on the Great American Ape. the Apes That Walk Among Us, the True Story of Apes in America? Will true believers adjust to a new apeless America? Or, will they argue that what Dr. Ketchum and company have discovered is not all that remarkable, and the REAL sasquatch is still out there waiting for confirmation?

What if the Erickson Project releases videos that portray an animal that is different from Patterson's subject? Do true believers merely cite "species variation", or do they forget Green and go with Coleman and promote multiple types or species of crypto-bipeds of human/ape manifestations, each needing its own "Sierra Shooting" or good videos or DNA discovery.

(Modified to add this): If Dr. Ketchum's study gives us a human or virtual human BF, what then do we make of Dr. Meldrum's carefully constructed arguments for BF ape-feet anatomy and such Meldrumesque notions as a mid-tarsal break (an odd idea anyway, given that the ape-foot mid-tarsal break is for grasping feet, not bipedalism).

You see, Mulder, it is a little more complicated for an intellectually honest person; it's never just black and white.

Edited by Jodie
edited to comply with forum rules

Personally, I think it would be cooler if the study showed a "virtually human" creature. Finding a species that is almost like us, but not quite like us would shake up our understanding of what makes people people, and really force us to take stalk of our own humanity.

Friends don't let friends drink and post...wait, is there any other way? :lol:

It helps me see the blobsquatches in other folks' photos...

Guest bsruther

"virtual humans", that lack the drive and desire to advance beyond a primitive existence.

The only humans I can think of tat fit that description are, slacker pot heads...hey, wait a minute.