The Ketchum Report

Here,yet again, is an alternative view on Neanderthals.

Very interessting idea. Maybe you should start a separate thread on this. I dont think it is already discussed here.

A journal would have rejected it immediately, there would be no revisions, because you can't really 'hoax' good science).

And yet . . .

Re: tangent on gorilla-like, bloodthirsty Neanderthals: sensationalist artwork does not good science make. I was glad to learn in the video that Neanderthals were "primates" - apparently unlike us who are not primates? - and apparently very much more like gorillas, even though gorillas are highly specialized primates.

Guest Particle Noun

Excellent rejoinder Saskeptic. I stand humbly corrected! We'll have to see if something like that is at work here.

Guest spurfoot

What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god.

William Shakespeare

There is plenty of action and apprehension out there.

Guest parnassus

The sasquatch protection website is now public and online. This is really amazing. I never thought I'd say it, but I have to give them credit. This is a very organized and systematic approach. It looks like they have covered all the bases. It looks as if they are going for protection in the Cascade Mountains. Their mission statement includes:

...enhance the quality of life, promote economic and ecological opportunity, and to carry out the responsibility to protect and improve the trust assets of Sasquatch, Sasquatch culture and Cascadian native hominoids.

congrats to all the people who have made this possible.

p.

Edited by parnassus

Guest Particle Noun

That website has nothing to do with the Ketchum report. I would suggest you amend your post to clarify that. This is NOT a part of the organizational activities of Dr. Ketchum and her project. It has been made clear those efforts won't reach the public until the release of the paper.

Why did you make the false assumption that this was part of the study?

Really, it is stuff like that that I think gives us crazy believers the howling fantods. All sides are guilty of poor thinking and jumping to conclusions.

HUGE EMBARRASSING UPDATE:

Oh, duh. Humor, sorry. I took that in earnest, and then ACTUALLY READ it, and had a good laugh! Thanks P, sorry for being so reactionary!!!

Or at least I hope you were posting it humorously. Otherwise....

Edited by Particle Noun

Guest Jodie

Tree Octopus........it kind of makes my skin crawl. It's like a snake falling out of a tree on your kayak only this thing would have multiple twitchy tentacles. I see no point what so ever in reversing the genome for this creature.

Guest Particle Noun

My favorite is the story about the PGF sasquatch suing for film rights....

And no matter how hard I squint my eyes, I can't tell if Parnassus did a fantastic dead pan, or really got taken in....

I can only assume the first! :maninlove:

Edited by Particle Noun

Guest Particle Noun

Definitely not. In fact, I'm the only dupe here for being taken in by his being taken in. Glad to play the patsy! Which is why I'm not wholesale deleting my original idiocy!!!!